My good/bad for Week 1 (1 Viewer)

Agreed on Vacarro. This is what he is best at and is the role he needs to play. Legitimate question though: Will he be able to maintain that role or are we going to need him to play slot corner and provide support? I'm hoping Harris/Crawley learn from their mistakes and step up in a big way. PJ was supposed to be a first rounder and he looked pretty solid out there for a first game. If not, we just need a couple of competent and solid corners to let Vacarro roam.

I don't expect much of a change in roles for Vacarro. I thought Harris did a good job at nickel. He didn't tackle all that well, and he's a small guy, so it's a bit concerning, but hopefully that will improve.

I'd expect Moore to be active next week and for him to man the position across from Williams. Wouldn't be surprised to see one of the running backs cut and Finnegan brought back. Seems to be the most realistic option.

Spot on.

I'd like to add a couple of bads though.

Spiller. Why was he inactive vs "No-Threat" Cadet?

Linebackers unit. Okay maybe it's unfair to say bad. How about disappointing? We've gone too long without impact plays from linebackers.

Agreed on Spiller. Thought he looked great in preseason. Fast and shifty. Was very dissapointed that he was inactive yesterday. Even more so after the game we got from Murphy/Cadet. Wouldn't mind both being cut at this point.

I started to put JL on the bad list, but hesitated because he seemed to get our defense lined up correctly and the communication was much better than last year. However, he was slow in coverage and weak at the point of attack. I didn't see him stop a single runner in their tracks. On just about every stop, he was falling backwards, and flat got run over a couple times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom