My guess - Colston does [b]not[/b] play (1 Viewer)

Ti Rider

Me Worry?
Reaction score
I posted this in the "Colston optimistic" thread but people apparently weren't reading all the posts. I thought it warranted it's own thread -

I heard an interview of Joe Horn on WWL in which he explained he wanted play after his injury but wasn't allowed to because Coach Payton has a "don't practice on Friday, don't play Sunday" rule. Colston did not practice Friday. So.....now we need to young Mr. Colston to rest and recover. We also need Terrance Copper to step up. Copper can catch but needs to learn to hold onto the ball after the catch......
Hey it stinks but this what I heard......

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Let's hope Henderson steps it up again. Suddenly, the team is paper thin at WR. Maybe Payton is reconsidering his stance.

BiloxiSaint1

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The question I have is was Joe ready to practice on Friday but instead was told by Coach P to rest? I think this might be the difference between his situation and Colston's.

MackeyM

atakapa refugee
Reaction score
It was reported that Payton held him out of practice Friday to rest up the ankle, and that Colston practiced fully Thursday.

I don't think the rule applies in this case due to the practice Thursday, but still don't want Marques coming back until he's ready. We need him down the stretch.

Probably a game day decision. I'll bet he suits up in Atlanta but might not see any action if he's stiff during warmups.

$.02

Lee Newell

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
It was reported that Payton held him out of practice Friday to rest up the ankle, and that Colston practiced fully Thursday.

I don't think the rule applies in this case due to the practice Thursday, but still don't want Marques coming back until he's ready. We need him down the stretch.

Probably a game day decision. I'll bet he suits up in Atlanta but might not see any action if he's stiff during warmups.

$.02

Newflash: This is the stretch! There's no time like NOW to play hurt. If he can run and catch, Colston needs to be in the game. Everyone plays with pain. That's football! Welcome to the NFL rookie. Show us that you are the stud we know you are!

SammyIsGod

Can he play safety? Yup!
Reaction score
ESPN.com says he's a game time decision. Also, they say Fred Thomas is out for sure.

whiteshadowen

Millsaps TC forever
Reaction score
I think he plays if he is able. I think that Coach would make these decisions on a case by case basis. Lot of difference in the recovery time of a rookie and a 10 year guy

Saintuary

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Just to put him on the field as a decoy would do wonders requiring coverage.

SeanBateman

Banned
Reaction score

CoolBrees1

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I'd rather let him sit a week if he's not fully recovered....but I imagine it will come down to a game time decision...we are hurting at the WR spot right now...

Super Dad

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I understand the rule but lets say just for the sake of argument that Payton told Colston to practice Thursday instead of Fri because people were starting to fiure this procedure out.

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As it was misreported last weekend with the "high ankle sprain" when it was a moderate low ankle sprain, and him practicing Thursday I think he is a go tomorrow. JMO

Craig Walker

WHO DAT
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"We also need Terrance Copper to step up".

And we have no reason to think he won't. :help-sos:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom