My guess for first Saints game(season opener) (1 Viewer)

Gentilly504

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If it’s a home game, I would say Saints vs Cowboys(Thursday or Sunday Night opener)

If on Road, Saints vs Rams(Thursday or Sunday night)

One way or another, the Cowboys and Rams game will be prime time.

SuperKid

Bring us 1 more
Reaction score
If it’s a home game, I would say Saints vs Cowboys(Thursday or Sunday Night opener)

If on Road, Saints vs Rams(Thursday or Sunday night)

One way or another, the Cowboys and Rams game will be prime time.
The season opener on Thursdays is always the Defending Champions playing at Home.

zatsnzapps

Do you have a pwobwem...?
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bawlmer, Merlyn via Birmingham and Metairie/Kenner

Alan12

Captain Cameron Jordan, Tortuga U
Reaction score
You're absolutely correct, but apparently in honor of the 100th anniversary of the NFL next season, they may want the Bears and Packers (the oldest two teams in the NFL) to open the season on Thursday night.

Linky:
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/report-bears-and-packers-kick-2019-nfl-season
Was coming to post the same thing.

Also reading your link from NBC, it’s sad they’re trying to give Duncan credit for breaking that news when Ed Werder posted it first and Duncan just latched on like it was his. Weak.

OP
OP
Gentilly504

Gentilly504

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If Thursday night Packers and Bears, Sunday will be Super Bowl Champs. Monday night will Be Saints vs Rams.

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Francisco, via La Place, via Galliano, via Mon
Saints first home game could easily be a Thursday night game in week two after playing on the road week one. I will say it goes like this:

Week One: Sunday Night in Los Angeles vs Rams

(Very short week and long travel day. Basically zero time to practice or game plan.)

Week Two: Thursday Night at Home vs Cowboys

NFL will pull out all the stops to make it excessively hard on the Saints after all of the totally justified complaining the team and fans have dished out.

I'm giving this about a 90% chance at happening.

Saintsphere

Mmmm...Super Bowl
Reaction score
I don't think the NFL will waste us vs Rams as a second of a double header on MNF. The opening week will be ripe with enough storylines that they can save Saints/Rams for a less eventful week.

No, the NFL was not going to comment on the game all throughout Super Bowl week, but you can bet they will happily milk the money cow off it next season.

mjf504

Veteran
Reaction score
Chiefs at patriots Sunday night. Saints at rams Monday night. They want championship week again.

pape

Practice Squad
Reaction score
the NFL next season, they may want the Bears and Packers (the oldest two teams in the NFL)
not quite correct. The oldest team in the NFL is the Arizona Cardinals (founded in 1898, are a founding NFL franchise). The Bears are the second oldest team, (founded 1920, are a founding NFL franchise).

The Cardinals and Bears are the only two founding franchises left in the NFL. They were founded before the Bears though, in 1919 but The Packers did not join the NFL until 1921.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom