My guess for first Saints game(season opener) (1 Viewer)

Gentilly504

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If it’s a home game, I would say Saints vs Cowboys(Thursday or Sunday Night opener)

If on Road, Saints vs Rams(Thursday or Sunday night)

One way or another, the Cowboys and Rams game will be prime time.

If it’s a home game, I would say Saints vs Cowboys(Thursday or Sunday Night opener)

If on Road, Saints vs Rams(Thursday or Sunday night)

One way or another, the Cowboys and Rams game will be prime time.
The season opener on Thursdays is always the Defending Champions playing at Home.

You're absolutely correct, but apparently in honor of the 100th anniversary of the NFL next season, they may want the Bears and Packers (the oldest two teams in the NFL) to open the season on Thursday night.

Linky:
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/report-bears-and-packers-kick-2019-nfl-season

Was coming to post the same thing.

Also reading your link from NBC, it’s sad they’re trying to give Duncan credit for breaking that news when Ed Werder posted it first and Duncan just latched on like it was his. Weak.

If Thursday night Packers and Bears, Sunday will be Super Bowl Champs. Monday night will Be Saints vs Rams.

Saints first home game could easily be a Thursday night game in week two after playing on the road week one. I will say it goes like this:

Week One: Sunday Night in Los Angeles vs Rams

(Very short week and long travel day. Basically zero time to practice or game plan.)

Week Two: Thursday Night at Home vs Cowboys

NFL will pull out all the stops to make it excessively hard on the Saints after all of the totally justified complaining the team and fans have dished out.

I'm giving this about a 90% chance at happening.

I don't think the NFL will waste us vs Rams as a second of a double header on MNF. The opening week will be ripe with enough storylines that they can save Saints/Rams for a less eventful week.

No, the NFL was not going to comment on the game all throughout Super Bowl week, but you can bet they will happily milk the money cow off it next season.

I'm guessing it will be the Houston Texans in the dome season opener

Chiefs at patriots Sunday night. Saints at rams Monday night. They want championship week again.

The Rams as the second game of the Monday night double header. BDM
That first game is about 10 EST. Don’t think the NFL will waste that game in that time slot. It will be a stand alone game, maybe first Sunday Night slot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom