My Head Coach of the Year candidates (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
1. Tomlin (6-2 last 8 games with no semblance of an offense)
2. Shanahan (Best team in the NFL right now)
3. McDermott (Bills are 8-3 with a QB that is still fairly mediocre)
4. Payton (5-0 without Brees)
5. Harbaugh (Has turned Jackson into the front runner for MVP)
6. Carroll
7. Belichick (10-1 with a QB who is declining right before our eyes)
8. Gruden

Somebody please explain to me how Tomlin has kept the ship afloat with no QB and no RB. It just doesn't compute. And don't tell me this was a stellar defense coming into this season. They were much closer to middling than dominant last year.

If the playoffs started today, Pittsburgh would be the 6 seed.

6-2 their last 8 games with one of those losses being by 3 points to the Ravens.

Last edited:
James Connor is not a push over now QB and receiver play is a different question. He traded for his Safety leaned on his defense and running the ball. Not a rocket science, the AFC is weak he Faces the Patriots , Saints,Ravens, 49ers, he will their Offensive holes will catch up to them. He deserves credit for keeping the ship afloat but there not winning anything should’ve just ranked for draft position also

Not a bad list by the OP. :scratch:

To put things in perspective, it's not always objective. The Saints have had three (3) to win the award:

Jim Mora, 1987 (12-3 record; strike-shortened year; Saints 1st trip to playoffs)
Jim Haslett, 2000 (10-6 record; Saints 1st playoff win)
Sean Payton, 2007 (10-6 record; Saints 1st trip to NFCCG)

Another great head coach, Chuck Noll, led the Steelers to four (4) Super Bowl wins from 1975-1979... yet he never won the award.

That's why when the talking heads :blabla: talk about who's the best QB in the NFL, I don't give a rat's you-know-what. I'm just hoping that Drew gets us to the Big Dance, and wins the SB MVP in Feb 2020 as he hoists the Lombardi trophy on the platform.

WhoDat!!!!

:gosaints:

If Tomlin makes the playoffs, he's got the award.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom