My head coach preferences: (1 Viewer)

I don’t have a list, but i think my preference would be to hire an offensive head coach and keep Allen as the DC.

That kinda sucks for DA if he has aspirations as a HC though.
Considering he's been a HC before, I'd imagine he wants another crack at it. I'd love it if he can go snatch Carr from the Raiders. I still like Winston though. He'd be my first choice. We wouldn't have to give up anything to keep him.

I just signed up for Underhill's site and read his last two articles.. I think he makes a really good case that for our particular situation, DA is just the obvious answer. It would sort of be mind blowing to me at this point if they went a different direction so I can't even really think about who I'd even want after him honestly.

I'm mostly going for continuity with the coaching staff. The one that does intrigue me is Pederson being a superbowl winner and a guy that could maybe help us with our quarterback situation. My other choices are all going to keep the staff mostly intact.

1. Allen
2. Pederson
3. Lombardi
4. Glenn
5. Nielson
I'm not sure the Pederson developing quarterbacks is the right angle. It seems to me like it was more a case of Frank Reich nursing the QBs along more than anything else (hence why he got the HC gig and they brought in Wentz). That being said, I think Doug Pederson's a fine coach who was done dirty by Philly. I wouldn't mind him but I'm ok with Allen, so long as both staff and front office both realize they need to do their own thing, not Sean's. Yes to continuity, but no to settling for the "old way" just because. New eyes, new perspective, we need to start fresh and pave a new road. That's what got us here, not stale concepts. Can't have Sean Payton's system without Sean Payton.

I'm not sure the Pederson developing quarterbacks is the right angle. It seems to me like it was more a case of Frank Reich nursing the QBs along more than anything else (hence why he got the HC gig and they brought in Wentz). That being said, I think Doug Pederson's a fine coach who was done dirty by Philly. I wouldn't mind him but I'm ok with Allen, so long as both staff and front office both realize they need to do their own thing, not Sean's. Yes to continuity, but no to settling for the "old way" just because. New eyes, new perspective, we need to start fresh and pave a new road. That's what got us here, not stale concepts. Can't have Sean Payton's system without Sean Payton.
The whole Philly situation is odd but I think winning a Super Bowl under those conditions can't be ignored. The same can be said about Miami, as Flores had some good seasons but got caught some internal mess. I agree Sean's gone, so we shouldn't caught up in his way.

I don’t understand why people have Flores as a top 5 choice. You can’t just shut down as a coach.

51E8C030-A217-4BC7-99DA-CD8694610627.jpeg

I mean, we have no idea if these rumors or true or it it's just the way that the Dolphins have chosen to spin why they fired a black head coach who had a 9-8 record. And, I'm a bit suspicious that this is spin since when they first fired him the word was that it was just because he wanted to move on from Tua and the GM wanted to keep going with Tua. And, the owner chose to side with the GM over the coach.

That's how you read that? Defensive Coaches sounds like the team has a talented defense so you hire what the strength of your team is so going after a defensive guy makes sense.
Just guessing because the offense is what's going to need the most attention. I'm confused about Bryon because I thought the Jags were a done deal.

1. Flores
2.Bieniemy
3.Allen
4.Glenn
5. Anyone who can keep Kris Richard as our DB coach (possible DC)

I would rather Lane Kiffin than Harbaugh. Then draft Corral. Lets fix this Offense. I just dont know who he would boot out on the Defensive side since his dad made the tampa 2 famous

Larry Fedora

Seriously I'm back and forth about keeping it in hose and keeping the band together or outsider like Eric B or Kellen Moore

I'd love a younger coach to hopefully replicate Payton's decade plus which I doubt happens with Dennis Allen no matter how successful he is

Just guessing because the offense is what's going to need the most attention. I'm confused about Bryon because I thought the Jags were a done deal.
Well, all day today, the NFL network for whatever that's worth has been reporting the Saints are expected to interview Leftwich. They didn't say when the interview would take place tho. It sure seems like the Jacksonville thing isn't a done deal yet.

I think he's going to end up with the Jags. He wanted the GM fired and Adrian Wilson hired as GM and it looks like that's going to happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom