My head coach preferences: (1 Viewer)

I guess the question for all you guys who think DA is the #1 choice, you do realize he almost assuredly comes as a package deal with Carmichael? If thats true, are you still ok with DA?

Thats the drawback of Allen. We had a damn good defense last year, this offense just got stagnant. If we hire DA, we are not attracting a QB here. Not even Winston. We are drafting a QB and Carmichael will be in charge of guiding the franchise through a rookie QB. Thats what I just am not comfortable with. We had a strong defense last year, and we didnt make a 7 team playoff. We need offense more than defense.
If we do go with DA I don't think Jameis returning is outside the realm of possibility depending upon his comfort level with Carmichael and DA.

The offense was stagnant last year but the reality of the situation there is that we had no playmakers outside of Kamara, we had a decimated offensive line for large parts of the year, and then of course our starting QB was knocked out for the year in the first half of the season which led to us having to start four guys over the course of the rest of it.

And then prior to that we had Brees who couldn't really throw the ball anymore. So I just think it's hard to judge.

I don't see the fascination with Doug Pederson. He seems pretty mediocre. I'd like to go in the same direction Loomis did before and give a new guy an opportunity instead of hiring a retread.
Pederson exceeded expectations while in Philly, imho. Don’t forget that we had a tough time with them in the playoffs. Here’s an article that I think could shed some light on why he would be a great hire. Keep in mind, that he was the fall guy in Philly by only doing what the owner asked him to do. He wouldn’t have that problem here, as Gayle is hands off.

If we do go with DA I don't think Jameis returning is outside the realm of possibility depending upon his comfort level with Carmichael and DA.

The offense was stagnant last year but the reality of the situation there is that we had no playmakers outside of Kamara, we had a decimated offensive line for large parts of the year, and then of course our starting QB was knocked out for the year in the first half of the season which led to us having to start four guys over the course of the rest of it.

And then prior to that we had Brees who couldn't really throw the ball anymore. So I just think it's hard to judge.

I do think that we are more attractive to Winston if we have Carmichael as the OC since it will be the system he just spent two years learning with the same terminology. If we have a new OC, it would mean Winston would have to learn a new system with new terminology so that would put us on a much more even playing field with other teams.

However, although I like Winston and this he is by far our best option at QB for next year, I'm not sure Winston has proved to be good enough to base your HC hire around. I guess it's a factor, but I hope it's not a big factor in the decision making process especially since even if we keep Carmichael as OC, there is no guarantee that Winston signs with the Saints.

I guess the question for all you guys who think DA is the #1 choice, you do realize he almost assuredly comes as a package deal with Carmichael? If thats true, are you still ok with DA?

Thats the drawback of Allen. We had a damn good defense last year, this offense just got stagnant. If we hire DA, we are not attracting a QB here. Not even Winston. We are drafting a QB and Carmichael will be in charge of guiding the franchise through a rookie QB. Thats what I just am not comfortable with. We had a strong defense last year, and we didnt make a 7 team playoff. We need offense more than defense.
So .....................you expected this to be a high powered offense with the lack of weapons on offense? You can't get blood out of a turnip.

I don’t understand why people have Flores as a top 5 choice. You can’t just shut down as a coach.

51E8C030-A217-4BC7-99DA-CD8694610627.jpeg
These GM's talk, these Owners speak and these Coaches have a kindship, so word is already out on Flores good or bad but I think Loomis is still going to interview him because of what he was able to do with that Dolphins squad and maybe get a better view of Flores personality and vision for this football team.

Just guessing because the offense is what's going to need the most attention. I'm confused about Bryon because I thought the Jags were a done deal.
I don't think the ink is dry and reports are just reports, but I think the Jags are getting their house in order to attract Leftwich which is why the old GM is out and Adrian is in, so Leftwich an sign and the Jags have their HC and GM in alignment.

I don't think the ink is dry and reports are just reports, but I think the Jags are getting their house in order to attract Leftwich which is why the old GM is out and Adrian is in, so Leftwich an sign and the Jags have their HC and GM in alignment.
All signs point to Allen then because Byron was the only offensive coach. I doubt they take Flores over Allen and I'm starting to think Flores probably will not get another chance soon.

I don't see what's so enamoring about Pendersen. Yes he won a Super Bowl but so did Hank Stram and Mike Ditka before flaming out in New Orleans. Pendersen had one good season in Philly the others were average or below average.

1. Lombardi
2. DA
3. Pete Carmichael
4. Vic Fangio
5. Mike Zimmer

All signs point to Allen then because Byron was the only offensive coach. I doubt they take Flores over Allen and I'm starting to think Flores probably will not get another chance soon.
No signs point to anyone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom