My last Taysom Hill thread (1 Viewer)

The frustrating part for me is that as of a month ago the Saints had two top 10-12 starting NFL QBs on their roster and at the start of the 2021 season we will have zero.

I don't care about Taysom in relation to Teddy. Teddy is gone. Numbers don't work. It has nothing to do with Hill, but instead with Brees coming back. Taysom is never going to be our starter long term. Most serious people understand that.

[MOD EDIT - Turn your filter back on, LC. :nono: Inflammatory & Inappropriate]

Preserved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to apologize in advance for another Taysom Hill post, but this will be my last until it all folds out. I think people generally have the wrong ideas about Taysom Hill being our future QB. I believe Sean Payton has a distinct vision for him as well that doesn't quite fit the average QB mold. I am going to assume/predict 4 things about the Taysom Hill era some of which are obvious others are counter intuitive nevertheless this is my last Taysom Hill post, I promise. Let's begin:

1. Sean Payton will reinvent offense. Many people I feel are holding Taysom Hill to the Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes mold. He ain't them, he will never be them. I envision an offense with Taysom at QB to look like Tim Tebow meets Cam Newton. We will run the ball like no other team ever has in NFL history. Prepare to see Sean Payton at his absolute best play calling with Hill. We have an offensive line that is designed to maul people, a very gifted RB, and an automatic first down at WR.
2. As a result of such a physical style of play I dont expect Taysom Hill to have a very long career. We are going to get 6 years out of him, max. The thing I want to point out is it's not about quantity but rather quality. I believe out of those 6 years, 4 of them will be quality years.
3. Our defense will become elite, extra cap space,
An offense that keeps the defense fresh, and returning talent. I definitely see this defense rising to new heights. We will be able to solidify our secondary which has been our akilis heel in the post season.
4. The NFL will figure Taysom Hill out eventually. Most mobile QB's have stellar years early in their career then defensive coaches get film and the party is over. Maybe Taysom is a gimmick after all, even if he is a damn good one. Sean Payton might already know this, but perhaps by the time defenses catch up we would've already added some hardware to our trophy case. If anyone can pull that off its Sean Payton.
In essence, reading thru your entire post, the Saints say, have about 5-6 years to win another Lombardi, IF Hill becomes the QB in 2020? That is what I interpret, from all of your words. There were a lot of them.

Wonder what people are going to say when Drew retires and we go 6-10 or 7-9 for several seasons. For every mahommes and Jackson that come in with immediate success there's 10 others that don't. We've been spoiled at QB for years. Drew is special and not someone you can just replace that easily.

I'm not hating on taysom....I like the guy. I'm talking regardless of who out next QB is the odds say we'll struggle a few years.

Struggle or go to a SB. Could go either way.

I'm going to apologize in advance for another Taysom Hill post, but this will be my last until it all folds out. I think people generally have the wrong ideas about Taysom Hill being our future QB. I believe Sean Payton has a distinct vision for him as well that doesn't quite fit the average QB mold. I am going to assume/predict 4 things about the Taysom Hill era some of which are obvious others are counter intuitive nevertheless this is my last Taysom Hill post, I promise. Let's begin:

1. Sean Payton will reinvent offense. Many people I feel are holding Taysom Hill to the Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes mold. He ain't them, he will never be them. I envision an offense with Taysom at QB to look like Tim Tebow meets Cam Newton. We will run the ball like no other team ever has in NFL history. Prepare to see Sean Payton at his absolute best play calling with Hill. We have an offensive line that is designed to maul people, a very gifted RB, and an automatic first down at WR.
2. As a result of such a physical style of play I dont expect Taysom Hill to have a very long career. We are going to get 6 years out of him, max. The thing I want to point out is it's not about quantity but rather quality. I believe out of those 6 years, 4 of them will be quality years.
3. Our defense will become elite, extra cap space,
An offense that keeps the defense fresh, and returning talent. I definitely see this defense rising to new heights. We will be able to solidify our secondary which has been our akilis heel in the post season.
4. The NFL will figure Taysom Hill out eventually. Most mobile QB's have stellar years early in their career then defensive coaches get film and the party is over. Maybe Taysom is a gimmick after all, even if he is a damn good one. Sean Payton might already know this, but perhaps by the time defenses catch up we would've already added some hardware to our trophy case. If anyone can pull that off its Sean Payton.

1581944197279.gif

SP & Loomis are not stupid. I'm have hope that they'll find a way to keep the pragmatic option in house.
The frustrating part for me is that as of a month ago the Saints had two top 10-12 starting NFL QBs on their roster and at the start of the 2021 season we will have zero.

I don't care about Taysom in relation to Teddy. Teddy is gone. Numbers don't work. It has nothing to do with Hill, but instead with Brees coming back. Taysom is never going to be our starter long term. Most serious people understand that.

[MOD EDIT - Turn your filter back on, LC. :nono: Inflammatory & Inappropriate]

Seems to me like Taysom and Teddy would both benefit from sharing the QB role. Both have questions about their durability over a full season and we might be going to 17 games in a few years. I think if we get them a good WR to pair with Michael Thomas we really only need an average QB who protects the ball.

He really winds you and couple others up. Is it his religion or are you mad that he stands in Teddys way? If you can be candid for a moment I'd really like to know why he gets under your skin.
It has to do with Teddy not being the future, more so than Taysom BEING the future. It has been a pretty obvious angle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom