My neighbor passes (1 Viewer)

bleedblk&gld

Choppin broccoli
Reaction score
http://www.wdsu.com/news/21153363/detail.html

Well, while I was taking a late afternoon nap I was awaken by a massive stampede of sirens. Thinking to myself "There's probably a wreck on Airline". All of the sudden i could smell something burning and noticed the noise of the sirens weren't fading. I can't even tell you how fast I flew out of bed thinking that my house was on fire. As I stumbled to put my shorts on flying out the door i noticed that it was my neighbors house catercorner from mine. As I opened the door I thought, ****! that doesn't look good. On top of the burning house across the street from me it looked as if there was a parade that was about to start on Airline and everybody and their grandma decided to park on Roosevelt to watch.

You hear about these things and you sort of let it roll off your back, thinking stuff happens. But when it's someone you know or know of, it's sort of different.

I never met the lady, but she would always sit on her chair and hang out all day smoking a joe or two. It still smells like a campfire. I sat on my porch this morning and paid my respects hoping she's in a better place.

That's a terrible thing. Sorry for your neighbor and sorry you had to have that happen so close to you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom