My new bow (1 Viewer)

I like my muzzy's......bone breakers. :D
I used to shoot Muzzy's. It's a nice broadhead, but I switched to rage after I seen the size of the hole it rips in them. You can stick your and in that hole. When I switched to a crossbow I went to a Swhacker broadhead. The rage would open prematurely sometimes on the crossbow.

I used to shoot Muzzy's. It's a nice broadhead, but I switched to rage after I seen the size of the hole it rips in them. You can stick your and in that hole. When I switched to a crossbow I went to a Swhacker broadhead. The rage would open prematurely sometimes on the crossbow.

I always hate these broadhead discussions. Everyone has their favorites and no one will ever convince anyone else to switch. :smilielol: I will never shoot anything but muzzy's but I also never expect anyone to switch to muzzy's. I've just had great luck with them for the last 15 years or so. Just no reason to switch. I've busted ribs many times and the broadhead is completely intact. My favorite was an 8 I shot several years ago. It was the last day I was going to get to hunt and an 8 come through about an hour before I had to leave. He was at 40 yards which with my old bow is pushing the edge of my comfort zone. I hit forward and went through both shoulders. My bow shoots less than 200 fps so it's not like I'm slinging bullets out of the thing. I make up for the lack of speed with mass and a broadhead that will go through anything.

I'm loving the Magnus stingers I'm shooting now. I Had good results with slick tricks and grim reapers too, but the customer service and lifetime warranty with Magnus is just amazing. Pass troughs and good blood trails on every single deer and pig I've shot so far with the stingers.

getting to be that time of year.....bow season is already open here but it's been pretty warm so far. I sat in the stand one morning for 3-4 hours and that's been it so far. Just been squirrel hunting with the kids the rest of the time. Going to start getting serious this weekend. Time to put some meat in the freezer.

I am going to hit the stand again for my doe soon. Temps are starting to get where I like em and I have a few hitting my food plots I planted last summer.

saw a few over the weekend but nothing to shoot yet.....had one unknown deer pull a disappearing act on me. I saw it moving through the brush and was a large bodied single deer which tells me most likely a buck but never got a look at his head. He crossed a small ravine about 50 yards up and I saw his legs under the brush coming towards me. I turned to put my hand on the bow ( but not take it off the hanger) and when I turned my head back the legs were gone and I never saw him again. Not sure how he worked his way out of there but he did. Still pretty thick in there so I'll get another(better) look at him in a couple weeks hopefully. I also saw another smaller doe with triplets. Don't see many triplets where I hunt....every now and then I'll see some. I let her walk though. Too small and too early for that. She shows back up in a few weeks and she could be in trouble. :D
Took the kids after squirrel on Sunday. Son got one and daughter missed one so we're 1 squirrel closer to a pot of white chili. :D Gonna do about the same this week. Bowhunt on Saturday and squirrel hunt with the kids on Sunday. I almost enjoy taking the kids out as much as I enjoy bowhunting by myself. This time of year is perfect for that...squirrels are moving but it's pre-rut so the deer aren't really moving much right now. If I was by myself yesterday with a 22 I could've easily limited out on squirrel but I only let the kids take high percentage shots. My son moved up to a 12 gauge so he can reach out and touch them but my daughter is still working with the 410 and trying to get her first so we gambled on a lot of squirrels trying to let them get closer for her. That won't happen as soon as she gets her first one. I'll give my son the go ahead on some further shots.

saw a few over the weekend but nothing to shoot yet.....had one unknown deer pull a disappearing act on me. I saw it moving through the brush and was a large bodied single deer which tells me most likely a buck but never got a look at his head. He crossed a small ravine about 50 yards up and I saw his legs under the brush coming towards me. I turned to put my hand on the bow ( but not take it off the hanger) and when I turned my head back the legs were gone and I never saw him again. Not sure how he worked his way out of there but he did. Still pretty thick in there so I'll get another(better) look at him in a couple weeks hopefully. I also saw another smaller doe with triplets. Don't see many triplets where I hunt....every now and then I'll see some. I let her walk though. Too small and too early for that. She shows back up in a few weeks and she could be in trouble. :D
Took the kids after squirrel on Sunday. Son got one and daughter missed one so we're 1 squirrel closer to a pot of white chili. :D Gonna do about the same this week. Bowhunt on Saturday and squirrel hunt with the kids on Sunday. I almost enjoy taking the kids out as much as I enjoy bowhunting by myself. This time of year is perfect for that...squirrels are moving but it's pre-rut so the deer aren't really moving much right now. If I was by myself yesterday with a 22 I could've easily limited out on squirrel but I only let the kids take high percentage shots. My son moved up to a 12 gauge so he can reach out and touch them but my daughter is still working with the 410 and trying to get her first so we gambled on a lot of squirrels trying to let them get closer for her. That won't happen as soon as she gets her first one. I'll give my son the go ahead on some further shots.

Awesome job man!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom