My new dream, owning a Polaris. (1 Viewer)

Right on! I'm to scared of motorcycles, but reverse motorized tricycles look safe enough. What's your top speed on it? Is it a show stopper when your driving around town?
I’ve gone 90 and that was plenty.
It gets lots of looks around town, keep in mind that I live in rural Mississippi. It’s not an F150/Silverado so it’s practically exotic.

What I would look into if I was you are KEI trucks. They are Japanese pickups with 660cc engines.

4wd cheap as hell and all kinds of fun. They are a blast to drive and really useable not a toy. Super easy to lift fit in the bed of a long bed pickup.

In some states you can tag them in others you just put the orange triangle on them like farm equipment.

A 5k purchase a good one to play off road with to see if it is your thing would be wise.

A major plus is windows ac and heat also. Some think driving on the wrong side is a pain. Actually it is easy and kinda cool learning how to shid with the wrong hand.

I will get one eventually to use as a scooter with doors. Gonna try the whole import my self thing.

A guy I rode with in New Mexico. We had to air lift him to Fort Bliss in El Paso. They sent him home with some aspirin. Luckily he decided to go back up to the local Band-Aid station when he began coughing up blood and could barely breath when his lung collapsed.

I was way too conservative a rider to wind up in such situations.

After you get to a particular skill level, the difference between you and all the rest is fear...or lack of it. I road dirt bikes in my youth and then street for a while as an adult. I was/am a good rider. I'm also conservative. It's the guys who aren't afraid of being hurt who are awesome. My brother in law would ride a wheelie clear across the GNO. Psycho.

What I would look into if I was you are KEI trucks. They are Japanese pickups with 660cc engines.

4wd cheap as hell and all kinds of fun. They are a blast to drive and really useable not a toy. Super easy to lift fit in the bed of a long bed pickup.

In some states you can tag them in others you just put the orange triangle on them like farm equipment.

A 5k purchase a good one to play off road with to see if it is your thing would be wise.

A major plus is windows ac and heat also. Some think driving on the wrong side is a pain. Actually it is easy and kinda cool learning how to shid with the wrong hand.

I will get one eventually to use as a scooter with doors. Gonna try the whole import my self thing.

Definitely worth a look, where would you take it to get it fixed? The a.c. would come in handy in Florida!

Definitely worth a look, where would you take it to get it fixed? The a.c. would come in handy in Florida!

I am a fix it myself guy. 50 and never wrote a check to a mechanic yet.

Any competent mechanic should be able to fix it. It is a 660cc 3 cylinder with a carb.

They are no frills work stuff. I mean none. So nothing to break that doesn't make it stop go or turn.

I would just order in wear parts to keep in stock.

Ready for your mind to be blown. This is the next size up from the KEI class of vehicles. A diesel Toyota already here for sale. A bigger bed that all quarter to trucks with a great payload.

I actually love this class of trucks and wish the USA would allow them here new.

I am a fix it myself guy. 50 and never wrote a check to a mechanic yet.

Any competent mechanic should be able to fix it. It is a 660cc 3 cylinder with a carb.

They are no frills work stuff. I mean none. So nothing to break that doesn't make it stop go or turn.

I would just order in wear parts to keep in stock.

Ready for your mind to be blown. This is the next size up from the KEI class of vehicles. A diesel Toyota already here for sale. A bigger bed that all quarter to trucks with a great payload.

I actually love this class of trucks and wish the USA would allow them here new.

I'm impressed that you never spent money at a car repair shop! I feel like Tim the Tool Man Taylor when I change the oil, spark plug, air filter, and blade on lawn mower. You feel bonded to your ancient ancestors who had to kill dragons to survive.

I'm impressed that you never spent money at a car repair shop! I feel like Tim the Tool Man Taylor when I change the oil, spark plug, air filter, and blade on lawn mower. You feel bonded to your ancient ancestors who had to kill dragons to survive.

Not really that it is just something I always had to understand. You know how stuff works.

The other thing is you are never gonna get laid if you grow up poor and your car does not work.

I have paid for stuff to be done but not all of it. I have dropped a automatic transmission at the repair shop but I damn sure was not gonna pay them to take it out and put it back in.

I do enjoy it most times when it is not a stupid rush thing and has to run now

And actually new cars are super simple. Much more simple than they use to be. Really mechanics today have it easy. I know I am gonna offend some but unless you ever had to tune a multiple carb Webber set up you know what I am talking about it takes skill.

Now scan change part. Easy.

Actually l did try to pay for my truck to get fixed once when I broke down while traveling. Limped it to a hotel parking lot got a room. Called a repair shop first thing told them the problem and said I want to be gone today. No problem wrecker was on the way. 6 hours later still in the lot. Took a cab to auto parts store. Got part and tools and was running in an hour and a half.

Not quite slaying dragons just growing up poor and horny. Now it is just plain cheap and want my stuff running now.

Not really that it is just something I always had to understand. You know how stuff works.

The other thing is you are never gonna get laid if you grow up poor and your car does not work.

I have paid for stuff to be done but not all of it. I have dropped a automatic transmission at the repair shop but I damn sure was not gonna pay them to take it out and put it back in.

I do enjoy it most times when it is not a stupid rush thing and has to run now

And actually new cars are super simple. Much more simple than they use to be. Really mechanics today have it easy. I know I am gonna offend some but unless you ever had to tune a multiple carb Webber set up you know what I am talking about it takes skill.

Now scan change part. Easy.

Actually l did try to pay for my truck to get fixed once when I broke down while traveling. Limped it to a hotel parking lot got a room. Called a repair shop first thing told them the problem and said I want to be gone today. No problem wrecker was on the way. 6 hours later still in the lot. Took a cab to auto parts store. Got part and tools and was running in an hour and a half.

Not quite slaying dragons just growing up poor and horny. Now it is just plain cheap and want my stuff running now.

Right on! You did what had to be done. I was a good mechanic when it came to a surfboard, skateboard, and bmx bike......BUT, as soon as I got to a 10 speed bike, mountain bike, and car, than everything had to be done by someone at a shop.

More power to you Moose, you saved money too.

I tried to be Mr. Fix-It with my car one time and it ended up making it harder for the repair guy to figure out what was wrong with my old car.

Personally, I think they try to make cars complicated, so people are discouraged from fixing them in their own garage. I was reading an article online (not sure if it was true) that implied that car dealers make more money in the repair shop, than selling cars.

I don't think I can settle for KEI truck, but let me know if you get one. I got my eyes set on the Polaris, maybe in 3-4 years. Plenty of time to research it to make sure it's a good move. I figure the thing will be a total money pit, every time you drive it, something breaks. Thousand dollars here, thousand dollars there. It will be still cheaper than getting married, so I'm money ahead I tell ya! I'm calling it Option 2.

For a lot less than that you can get into a nice motocross setup. This would let you know if it's even worth moving up to the Polaris. Biggest issue is finding somewhere to ride. Of course, in my day we didn't has the interwebz for that so ymmv.

Good luck and try not to do yourself irreparable harm.

FWIW, I know for a fact that a full face guard helmet can break when compressed against the sternum with sufficient force. And it's not any better for the chest...
fork yeah. a nice kawasaki kdx, yamaha yz, or a honda cr would be acceptable

(not sure if these are current, haven't owned a bike since the 90s)

Nice. Every time I hear someone riding an off road motorcycle, there is an injury report. How many bones broken? Worst wreck? Damage report needed. No injuries? Do tell.

You always drove to the right?
Lol no, I just didn't leave the ground like the others.

The guy I was talking about tried to skip one
Nice. Every time I hear someone riding an off road motorcycle, there is an injury report. How many bones broken? Worst wreck? Damage report needed. No injuries? Do tell.
Off road on a bike is safer than on road. The biggest problem I've heard about is when folks are no longer afraid of the bike. That comfort leads to bad ideas like they can do things that they are not ready to try.

I started off with dirt/trail bikes back in the 70's. Honda Trail 70 and Elsinore 125. Picked up bikes again in college as cheap transportation--Kawasaki KZ 400. Note to self, no more rides home from College Park in December on a bike with no fairing. Hypothermia is bad.

Since then all Kawasakis. GPZ550, 750 Turbo (baddest bike on the planet in 1987 IMHO) 600 Ninja, and KZ1000 with big-bore kit, reworked carbs and intake with K&N, Vance & Hines pipes.

I started off with dirt/trail bikes back in the 70's. Honda Trail 70 and Elsinore 125. Picked up bikes again in college as cheap transportation--Kawasaki KZ 400. Note to self, no more rides home from College Park in December on a bike with no fairing. Hypothermia is bad.

Since then all Kawasakis. GPZ550, 750 Turbo (baddest bike on the planet in 1987 IMHO) 600 Ninja, and KZ1000 with big-bore kit, reworked carbs and intake with K&N, Vance & Hines pipes.
Sometimes I think you just make up words when you talk motor parts
Yeah I got a Renly q75 with an overend slip joint

Sometimes I think you just make up words when you talk motor parts
Yeah I got a Renly q75 with an overend slip joint
I had one of those, but replaced it with the big-bore kit :hihi:

I find it impossible to leave well enough alone with cars and motorcycles. I have yet to leave any of my performance vehicles unmodified, even if I bought them already modified. If fast is good, faster is better :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom