My New Mock (2 Viewers)

LOL. Really???

No one at all huh?:hmm:
I can only speak on what I've read. Not saying noone hasn't, I just haven't seen it. Seems like a big love fest for him around here. Regardless, it doesn't matter WHO said what, I only care that its a potential serious flaw in someone who seems to get mocked to us quite a bit.

Maybe no one else sees it and my eyes are lying to me. Maybe I'm over analyzing him. I think it's possible to look at a guy so much that you pay attention to flaws more than assets.

With me have a general idea but for the sake of not putting words in your mouth, what do you think of him?

I can only speak on what I've read. Not saying noone hasn't, I just haven't seen it. Seems like a big love fest for him around here. Regardless, it doesn't matter WHO said what, I only care that its a potential serious flaw in someone who seems to get mocked to us quite a bit.

Maybe no one else sees it and my eyes are lying to me. Maybe I'm over analyzing him. I think it's possible to look at a guy so much that you pay attention to flaws more than assets.

With me have a general idea but for the sake of not putting words in your mouth, what do you think of him?

Buried amidst all the hype for certain players like Jones and others, there are critical weaknesses that stick out on film as you mentioned. Some that I've pointed out here repeatedly in the past challenging people to critically examine but have since given up on having any serious discussion on the issue.

No you're not the only one who's noticed Jones doesn't take on blocks effectively. I've read and stated the same things the past few months after originally being very high on him at the beginning of the season. When you look closely at his tape, most of his pressures and sacks have come from backside pressure when he's mostly unblocked. I don't see him getting as many clean looks in the pros and don't think that he's as quick or as developed as a pass rusher as Junior Gallette is at this point.

Besides the stenosis issue, Georgia's Jones also has some concerns on the field. While athletic and aggressive, he struggles to disengage blocks and can be too easily engulfed by blockers. Scouts are interested to find out his exact measureables, including arm length as he often struggles to extend, stack and shed blocks. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

Jarvis Jones, Georgia, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

But Jone's isn't the only player people turn a blind eye to lack of physicality for. Even in your own thread

rushtype1.gif

Dion Jordan (0.00%) was even worse than Jones at generating power plays and inside sacks but it went unobserved without anyone so much as batting an eyelash.

You can't reason with blind hype.

I'm thinking of going to the first day of the draft, but I will wicked ticked if we trade out of the first.

I'm not a huge Jarvis Jones fan either.

I've posted this a few times before but there's a definite herd mentality when it comes to scouting and draft rankings and that's certainly played a role in Jones' lofty rankings imo. Kiper and others rank him number 1 or top 5 so people assume he's great. I think he looks more like a mid-late first round guy rather than a top-10 caliber player not even taking into account the potential medical issues...

An even better example is Damontre Moore... not sure how people had this guy ranked in the top 5. Clearly not a player of that caliber on 'film'. And it shouldn't take a combine performance in shorts to see that. If you're dropping him from top 5 to out of the first round based soley on his combine performance, you obviously didnt' watch him very closely the first time around...

As far as the Dion Jordan goes, it's definitely easier to overlook his flaws because he's so long and athletic and because he does so many other things well. Even if he doesn't develop into an elite pass rusher, you'll still get a linebacker with really good fluidity and coverage abillity. Some people even think he could be better suited as a 4-3 OLB, which speaks to that ability.

I think you could argue that Jordan has more upside, but also a higher floor than Jones because of that coverage ability and Jones' potentially serious medical issues.

I don't understand most the mocks I see here. The writing is pretty much on the wall that we're drafting LT or DB in the first at this point in time.

OLB being a priority in the 1st round.of the draft is just unrealistic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom