My New Mock (1 Viewer)

whodat4life84

Very Banned
Reaction score
Free Agency

1) CB-Derek Cox
-Possibly Keenan Lewis (it will be tight to fit both and the acquisition below)
2) DE/DT – Ricky Jean-Francois
3) OLB - Victor Butler
4) Sign Undrafted LA Tech QB – Colby Cameron

Draft

1st Round - ***TRADE*** (New Orleans gets Minnesota Vikings’ 2nd Round pick)
-Minnesota Vikings #15 pick – Tavon Austin –WR (West Virginia)
-New Orleans Saints #23 pick – Desmond Trufant –CB (Washington)
➢ This trade makes a lot of sense for both parties involved. Minnesota just recouped an additional 1st rounder for Percy Harvin and Tavon Austin will be a great replacement. They still have the Seahawks’ first round pick and may want to move ahead of STL to get Austin. We, on the other hand, would get the best man corner (outside of Milliner) available in the draft, in addition to picking up a 2nd rounder.
2nd Round (pick #52 from STL) – Quinton Patton – WR (LA Tech)
3rd Round – Bacarri Rambo – FS (UGA)
4th Round – Brandon Williams – NT (Missouri Southern)
5th Round – Jordan Mills – OT (LA Tech)
6th Round – Montori Hughes – DT/DE (UT-Martin)
7th Round – Matt Stankiewitch – C (Penn State)

1st Round – Desmond Trufant

Desmond Trufant Ultimate highlight - YouTube

Athletic with fluid footwork, flashing the foot agility to drive quickly on the play. Looks natural in space, staying balanced with the hips and transition skills to redirect in any direction. Physical and fights for the ball when it's in the air, showing an excellent competitive nature. Doesn't shy from contact and will get his nose dirty in run support. Very good job tracking and highpointing with a top vertical to get his hands on the ball. Good bloodlines and understands the NFL process. Good experience as a four-year starter (47 career starts), spending time both inside and outside and in both man and zone coverage. I think he’s the best man corner available in the entire 2013 NFL draft.

2nd Round – Quinton Patton

Quinton Patton Highlights HD 2012 - YouTube

STRENGTHS
Good size for the position, has the height and length to play outside at the next level. Very good acceleration off the line, gets to full speed in a couple of steps and can shimmy to free himself and stick his foot in the ground to get inside position on slants. Uses a head fake to get the seam and possesses enough straight-line speed to take advantage of hesitating cornerbacks in off coverage. Fluid, economic mover who does plays under control. Stems to separate with good foot quickness on comebacks and out routes, also extends his arm to create space on short and deep routes. Natural hands catcher - catches the ball with his hands away from his body, even when tracking passes over either shoulder. Wins jump balls in the end zone and over the middle with good vertical and great concentration. Acrobatic and excellent at adjusting to the ball in the air, especially to the back-shoulder on fades. Good sideline awareness to get two feet in-bounds while making the catch. Used on quick throws to take advantage of his shiftiness and surprisingly tough running, lowers his shoulder and is not easy for smaller cornerbacks to drag down after the catch. Sells routes where he knows he’s not the primary target to free up the underneath or cross-field receiver. Shows fight as a run blocker, willing to hit multiple punches to keep his man at bay and works himself into the correct blocking angle. Hustles downfield to help out fellow ballcarriers. Plays with a feisty attitude.
WEAKNESSES
Extends his hands from his frame, but doesn’t snatch and secure the ball, making him struggle coming down with the ball when the defensive back contests him. As such, does not always find the ball downfield or come up with catchable passes when adjusting to it in the air. Inconsistent catching punts as a returner, makes some tough grabs running towards the sideline.
NFL COMPARISON
Reggie Wayne
BOTTOM LINE
A first-team All-WAC pick in 2011 and 2012, Patton accumulated 2,544 yards and 24 touchdowns in his career with the Bulldogs after transferring from Coffeyville Community College. He’s an acrobat along the sideline and a vertical stem threat much, but needs to improve attacking the ball when contested. In his two seasons starting, however, he has showing NFL teams paying close attention that he possesses the hands, route-running skills, and toughness to be a top-64 pick -– and, eventually, a very good starter.

3rd Round – Bacarri Rambo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8cdUwCXSIs

STRENGTHS: Looks the part. Has a well-developed, evenly proportioned frame well suited to the position. Intuitive defender who reads the quarterback's eyes well and gets a jump on the ball in coverage. Shows good burst to the ball due to above average acceleration and straight-line speed. Times his leaps/contact with receivers nicely, showing good body control and hand-eye coordination to play physically without drawing the flag. Locates the ball and has very good ball skills. Possesses soft hands to pluck the ball away from this frame as well as the ability to track it over his shoulder. Highly aggressive tackler. Looks to lower the boom on unsuspecting receivers crossing the middle. Lowers his shoulder into ball-carriers, though he sees what he's hitting, not lowering his head and spearing the opponent and drawing the flag. Generally takes good angles to the ball and plays a key role in Georgia's defense as the last line of defense. Made Georgia's secondary calls for at least the last two seasons. Played free safety at Georgia but possesses the size and physicality to play either of the traditional safety roles in the NFL.
WEAKNESSES: Has a tendency to lead with his shoulder rather than wrapping up fully as a tackler, leading to some slip-ups. Generally gauges pursuit angles well but can get caught up in the trash when he gets too aggressive, leading to some cut-back opportunities for backs with vision, burst to exploit. Does not possess the elite recovery speed that his 16 career interceptions might indicate and is, in fact, a bit of a gambler. Has twice failed drug tests while at Georgia and was suspended for the first four games of the 2012 season due to his most recent violation.
COMPARES TO: Dashon Goldson, FS, San Francisco 49ers: Like the 49ers' standout free safety, Rambo has a tendency to make splashy plays as a pass thief and intimidating hitter but is prone to an occasional breakdown. If he can tighten up his game (and his off-field decision-making) Rambo has the talent to earn Pro Bowl consideration, just as Goldson has done for the 49ers.

4th Round – Brandon Williams

2013 NFL Draft: Missouri Southern Defensive Tackle Brandon Williams | Bleacher Report - Here’s a good read on Williams

Strengths: Broad-shouldered and bulked up, especially in his upper body. Possesses the upper-body strength to shove opponents into the backfield and disrupt plays before they even have a chance to begin. Has enough short area quickness to slice through gaps. Possesses longer arms (32 3/4) than expected given his stout frame, which he uses well to keep offensive linemen off of him. Strong, heavy hands. Experienced playing on the nose, defensive tackle and out wide as a five-technique defensive end and has the length and awareness to be similarly versatile in the NFL. Good recognition of screens and draws. Surprisingly light feet and balance to move laterally through the trash and shows enough phone-booth quickness to close. Good strength and aggression for the pull-down tackle. Gets his hands up in passing lanes to provide quarterbacks with narrow lanes and has good hand-eye coordination and timing to tip passes. Enjoyed an impressive week of practice at the Senior Bowl.
Weaknesses: Possesses a disproportionately top-heavy build and a thinner than ideal lower body, which makes him less effective as a run-stuffing presence than he might appear "on the hoof." While active for his size, is not a quick-twitch athlete capable of providing a consistent pass rush in the NFL. Possesses only phone-booth quickness and lacks sustained speed, effort to travel far. Must do a better job of keeping his hands active, as he too often remains blocked when his initial bull rush or first step are handled. Missed the 2009 season due to injury.
Compares To: Antonio Garay, NG, San Diego Chargers -- It was Garay's struggles with injuries that pushed him down draft boards rather than level of competition questions, but like the former Boston College standout, Williams' wide body and strength could make him a quality run-stuffer at the next level.
5th Round – Jordan Mills

2013 NFL Draft: Louisiana Tech Offensive Tackle Jordan Mills | Bleacher Report - Highlights and reports

6th Round – Montori Hughes

Montori Hughes DT Tennessee-Martin Senior Bowl - YouTube

Strengths: Hughes passes the eye test with good bulk throughout his frame. Works hard in the weight room and has added approximately 75 pounds since high school, weighing 255 pounds as a senior at Murfreesboro Siegel. Moves light on his feet with an explosive first step to beat blockers off the snap. Shows natural burst to close and finish in a flash. Shows an intense competitive nature and loves to talk on the field. Large, powerful hands to swat blockers and stays balanced through contact.
Weaknesses: Questions about whether or not he can keep his head on straight after multiple incidents in Knoxville, although nothing criminal. Allows his pad level to rise off the snap and will struggle with leverage at times. Room to improve his fundamentals to shed quicker, relying too much on his tools and not technique. Needs to improve his awareness and recognition skills to find the ball quicker and react accordingly. Has a good motor when he has a full tank, but is known to take some plays off. Most of his production came against FCS-level competition.
Compares To: Red Bryant, DT, Seattle Seahawks

7th Round – Matt Stankiewitch

Considered a better run blocker than in pass protection, he is a tough, gritty player who does a nice job extending off the snap with good hand placement and strong wrists. Stankiewitch is an assignment sound player and looks to eliminate defenders from the play, blocking through the whistle. He has only one year of true starting experience, but does have playing experience at guard and is a team leader. Provides depth for BDLP in case of injury.

You have us signing no rush linebacker in free agency or the draft? Just since the saints went after kruger so hard tells me we are def looking to get someone

I was getting worried, you haven't done one in a few days. :no:

You have us signing no rush linebacker in free agency or the draft? Just since the saints went after kruger so hard tells me we are def looking to get someone

Yes, I fixed it just as you typed that lol. I was thinking Victor Butler would be a bargain pickup.

Can't say I'd be upset with this draft, in fact I'd be really happy. The one gripe I have about this is that we don't have a LOLB. If we get both Allen and Cox I firmly believe we take Jamie Collins.

Not sure Butler is a bonafide starter, seems like more of a rotational player but I guess we shall see.

You've got us getting Victor Butler in FA. I guess that would qualify. But I have a hard time picturing us picking a WR early.

Yes, I fixed it just as you typed that lol. I was thinking Victor Butler would be a bargain pickup.

He would be a great pickup but im actually working on a mock right now ill post it up a little later.

You've got us getting Victor Butler in FA. I guess that would qualify. But I have a hard time picturing us picking a WR early.

I think we need another big threat opposite Colston. Maybe we don't go so early though, but Patton is super talented. I could see us drafting Terron Armstead (OT) or Jamie Collins (OLB) here (if we don't get Butler).

Our top needs, in order, are; LT, OLB, CB, S, NT. You haven't rectified enough of those early enough.

lol I know you were...I have a life outside of SR and I like to analyze the draft in my free time, most exciting time of the year for me. Time to get better.

I look forward to the draft myself. :9:

BTW, where does Francois fit in? He's too light to be a NT right? If we put him at DE then who's the odd man out? Smith (go ahead and call me a hater that's fine)?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom