My New Mock (1 Viewer)

U aren't a tech fan are u. Like the Lsu Guys wanting All Lsu players

HAHA no I promise I'm not. It just so happened those players worked out for me in the spots they're at. I've never even watched a LA Tech game outside of doing a bit of film study on these guys, recently.

In other words...the Saints will go with Charles Brown at LT...and are screwed.

OT is the biggest need on the team...and it isn't even close. If you don't have the Saints getting at least an average LT in free agency...then you better find a way for the Saints to package picks together to get Joekel, Johnson, or Fisher.

Also...why do you have us drafting a 1st round CB right after making our top free agent pick (or two) CBs? OT, SOLB, and FS are much more important needs to fill.

Our top needs, in order, are; LT, OLB, CB, S, NT. You haven't rectified enough of those early enough.

LT-Jordan Mills (excellent value and will give Brown competition for the spot)
OLB-Victor Butler (would come cheap and has great value, the main reason I didn't select an OLB so early is because most seem to either have injury problems or legal troubles)
CB-REALLY? Desmond Trufant, Keenan Lewis, and Derek Cox aren't enough for you? LOL
S-Bacarri Rambo is one of the best safeties in the draft
NT-Brandon Williams would be an absolute steal in the 4th round; watch the film on him and you'll agree.

In other words...the Saints will go with Charles Brown at LT...and are screwed.

OT is the biggest need on the team...and it isn't even close. If you don't have the Saints getting at least an average LT in free agency...then you better find a way for the Saints to package picks together to get Joekel, Johnson, or Fisher.

Also...why do you have us drafting a 1st round CB right after making our top free agent pick (or two) CBs? OT, SOLB, and FS are much more important needs to fill.

Question about LT - They may try to trade up and I would have no problem with that whatsoever if we get a Fisher, Joeckel, Johnson, etc. I would prefer for us to do that, I just don't see that happening. What I could see is them going with Terron Armstead in the 2nd if we do indeed find a way to get the 2nd, whatever it may be.

Question about CB - I agree to some extent, but Trufant will take a minute to develop into a #1 corner. IMO, the most important position on Ryan's defensive scheme is to have a big, physical corner. We have none of those, outside of Corey White. The CB position is just one huge mess.

I liked everything else about your mock except the 1st & 2nd rnd picks. We will probably sign CB's Nnamdi & Lewis that would eliminate picking a CB early. We need a pass rushing LBer, so I can't see us trading back in 1st because the best ones may be gone by the time we pick. But I like the rest of the picks.

I liked everything else about your mock except the 1st & 2nd rnd picks. We will probably sign CB's Nnamdi & Lewis that would eliminate picking a CB early. We need a pass rushing LBer, so I can't see us trading back in 1st because the best ones may be gone by the time we pick. But I like the rest of the picks.

I would be PERFECTLY fine with this, if we can afford both of those guys. Which OLB do you think we should take? Which do you like most, I mean?

I know it's just a mock, but in a draft as deep as this one with no really huge players in it, there's no way we get a 2nd to move up 8 spots.

I know it's just a mock, but in a draft as deep as this one with no really huge players in it, there's no way we get a 2nd to move up 8 spots.

Yeah, I played around with the picks for a minute and I wanted us to grab Trufant, and I was reading a lot of mocks that had him going to the Colts. Then I saw the Vikings needing a replacement for Harvin and it made sense. But yeah, I'm not certain they would give that much up either. It will be interesting come draft day. It's sort of hard to do the mock until we know which pieces of the puzzle we can fill in FA.

I hope we trade down and get a 2nd round pick. That 2nd round pick could be a left tackle that could be starting for us potentially.

My MOCK Draft

Round 1- Jarvis Jones(OLB/GA)
Round 3- Darius Slay(CB/Miss. State)
Round 4- Terron Armstead(Ark. Pine Bluff/LT)
Round 5-Robert Lester(Alabama/FS)
Round 6-Chris Gragg(Arkansas/TE)

If we can get that 2nd round in a trade im moving Terron Armstead in the 2nd round. I see the Titans have signed Shon Greene. Maybe we can see if the Jets need a RB and we move up into the 2nd round. If we recoup that my mock draft will look as follows:

Round 1- Jarvis Jones/OLB
Round 2- Terron Armstead/LT
Round 3- Barrett Jones/C
Round 4-Kevin Minter/MLB
Round 5-Robert Lester/FS
Round 6-Robert Alford/CB
Round 7-Chris Gragg/TE

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom