My niece posted this (lampooning Smollett) (1 Viewer)

I don't know about lying king. Perhaps a lying mid level bureaucrat.

I don't get it. Did Smollet work on the Lion King or Black Panther?

maybe the insinuation is that the Black Panthers were behind this?
I don't get it either

I think it’s clever. I’m glad she didn’t make one of the siblings (had to catch myself with my first word choice) Rafiki.

That’s coming right up to the line even without BlackPanther added to it

...why is Black Panther there?
I would assume because one of the criticisms of Black Panther was the plot was close to that of The Lion King.
Not saying I agree(I might be one of the few people who never watched The Lion King). Just saying I've heard people say that.

I would assume because one of the criticisms of Black Panther was the plot was close to that of The Lion King.
Not saying I agree(I might be one of the few people who never watched The Lion King). Just saying I've heard people say that.
I’d never heard that comparison made before but a quick search showed that the comparison has definitely been made (it’s an archetypal story so I’m sure there are many dozens comparable)
But Black Panther is not interacting with the main Lion King action in any way - he’s just there
If that’s “really” what is going on, it still doesn’t have anything to do with Jussie

That doesn’t clear up the matter at all

I’d never heard that comparison made before but a quick search showed that the comparison has definitely been made (it’s an archetypal story so I’m sure there are many dozens comparable)
But Black Panther is not interacting with the main Lion King action in any way - he’s just there
If that’s “really” what is going on, it still doesn’t have anything to do with Jussie

That doesn’t clear up the matter at all
BP is probably there as part of The Lion King connection, not anything to do with Jussie. Kind of a reference within a reference sort of thing. At least, that's what I took from it. I could be wrong, though.

My niece posted this. Instead of starting a new 'niece posted thread', I thought it fitting to put it in the 'my niece posted this' thread that already existed. Granted, it's not lampooning Smollett as much as it is Trump, but it does involve Smollett. However, the Smollett part was mentioned parenthetically, perhaps suggesting that it's included as a descriptor of what was posted by the niece and therefore isn't really the subject of the thread at all. In light of that, I think it's appropriate to post the meme my niece posted as long as I include an adequate description....in parenthesis.

My niece posted this (uses Smollett
to lampoon Trump). I thought it was clever and wholly without confusing references to a Marvel movie.

IMG4498334923306166107.jpg

BP is probably there as part of The Lion King connection, not anything to do with Jussie. Kind of a reference within a reference sort of thing. At least, that's what I took from it. I could be wrong, though.
so something like this:
I'm going to use this image from the Lion King bc I like that it scans so easily with Lying King
and no other reason since there's no connection between Jussie and The Lion King
and now since i am using the Lion King, i am reminded of that thing i saw on youtube comparing the Lion King to Black Panther, so I'm going to include the black panther - i'm not going to have him do anything related to the primary image even though I am evoking a comparison
Also there's no relationship between Jussie and Black Panther but i think it will be ok, subtlety and intricate if not inscrutable layers are what make memes great
?

how'd i do?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom