My NOLA/Saints Themed Basement (1 Viewer)

srenner

C-R-U-N-K.....
Reaction score
Still very much a work in progress (because of time and money). But this is my finished basement and the various Saints or NOLA themed items.

The highlight is obviously the 22x16 media room with stadium seating, 7:1 surround sound and a 120" DLP front projection screen. Here are pictures and details on the media room are below.

Appologies in advance for not having Dubya quality photo's :)

<B>Frenchy Painting from 09-25-06. This is the actual one painted on the field.</B>
HTPictures271.jpg

<b>Replica of painting from playoff win over Eagles</B>
HTPictures272.jpg

HTPictures273.jpg

HTPictures274.jpg

HTPictures275.jpg

HTPictures277.jpg

HTPictures282.jpg

<B>OK, this has little to do with the saints or new orleans, but i had to throw it in there. I'm ready for game day!</B>
HTPictures283.jpg

HTPictures285.jpg

HTPictures286.jpg

<B>And now for the good stuff!</B>

Entrance into the Media Room

HTPictures288.jpg

Everyone looks at the screen first.

HTPictures290.jpg

I have thought about painting the trim black. Not sure yet though.

HTPictures291.jpg

Forgive the mess, I didn't feel like picking up the kids toys or my stuff... And yes, that's an old Joe Horn throwback that has been "thrown" into the corner on a stuffed animal. :). It will get framed at some point....

HTPictures300.jpg

<B>You can see the Ultra Pure White (FLAT) that I started to paint as the screen tonight. I haven't finished doing the border (black trim) or even put up the mix of silver paint that I purchased as well</B>

HTPictures301.jpg

I do have one framed jersey up. But it's baseball. Bo Jackson. Deuce will be the first Saints jersey that I frame and put up.

HTPictures302.jpg

Messy cable closet.

HTPictures303.jpg

T.O. would be proud ...... but that's not the reason for the popcorn machine :)

HTPictures304.jpg

OK, now I am just showing off.. Again, forgive the mess.

HTPictures310.jpg

Deuuuuuuce....
HTPictures312.jpg

Entrance back to the media room.
HTPictures314.jpg

My PJ ...
HTPictures315.jpg

HTPictures316.jpg

OK. So I designed these little art nitches on the sides to make it look nice, but in hindsight I am wishing that I had put 36 inch LCD tv's in there. Still might at some point...

HTPictures318.jpg

Good side angle of the screen (which is just paint on wall).
HTPictures322.jpg

<B>Here are some action shots</B>
HTPictures326.jpg

This next one is from the back row of seats, which is about 18 feet away from the screen.
HTPictures327.jpg

Again from back, but with zoom on the camera.
HTPictures329.jpg

HTPictures330.jpg

HTPictures331.jpg

HTPictures332.jpg

HTPictures336.jpg

HTPictures337.jpg

HTPictures342.jpg

HTPictures346.jpg

HTPictures357.jpg

A quick note on the action photos. The camera I was using (Canon) wasn't the best at snaping the action photos while I played back the Lions game. I could have paused, but didn't feel like dealing with the blue pause line from DirecTV.

My projector is a Mitsubishi HC1600, it goes up to 720p and is a DLP projector. It is running in LOW economy mode right now (so not even the best quality) and its an entry level PJ (< $1000), in fact you can find them now for about $600-$700.

If you have any questions about anything feel free to ask. I just wanted to share what I have accomplished so far and how I watch the Saints games...

WHO DAT!

Awesome.. I'm envious. My only critique would be that your still photos are pretty blurry.

just wondering how the projector looks with the lights on. i would love one but would need to be used during daytime as well.. i have alot of windows... bummer!

Very cool...the clarity and size of that projector is impressive. I'd never leave that room if I owned it.

:beerchug:

seriously where do you live to have a basement.... it's obiviously not in nola

Awesome. So you don't have a screen, you just painted part of the wall white? We would love to do our basement into a media room and have a projection tv. But I thought you had to have a pull down screen. Otherwise everything looks great. Yeah a few smaller tv screens around the place would be nice to watch multiple games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom