My offseason wish list and mock draft. (1 Viewer)

Hey Nightshade,
I've only seen Foster land in one top 10 mock so far. Which sights have you seen him in the top 10?

Free Agency

Re-sign Fairley
Re-sign Snead (ERFA)
Re-sign Sterling Moore

Sign one of the following OGs: Zeitler, Warford, Womack, Joelle.
Sign one of the following CBs: Bouye, Gilmore, Claiborne, Munnerlyn.
Sign either of these DEs: Chandler Jones or Melvin Ingram

Draft

Round 1: Dalvin Cook, RB, FSU - Marshall Faulk 2.0 helps the run, pass, and return game immediately.

Round 2: Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida - Athletic LB that can play inside or outside and is strong vs run and pass.

Round 3: Bucky Hodges, TE, VaTech - Long, athletic TE/WR hybrid that Saints could use to threaten seam.

Round 4: Taylor Moton, T/G, W. Michigan - Versatile OL that can play either RT or G. Upside to be solid starter.

Round 6: Chad Thomas, DE, Miami - Project DE with strong skill set and upside.

Round 7: Stacy Coley, WR, Miami - Pure speed WR.

Free Agency

Re-sign Fairley
Re-sign Snead (ERFA)
Re-sign Sterling Moore

Draft

Round 1: Dalvin Cook, RB, FSU - Marshall Faulk 2.0 helps the run, pass, and return game immediately.

Round 2: Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida - Athletic LB that can play inside or outside and is strong vs run and pass.

Round 3: Bucky Hodges, TE, VaTech - Long, athletic TE/WR hybrid that Saints could use to threaten seam.

Round 4: Taylor Moton, T/G, W. Michigan - Versatile OL that can play either RT or G. Upside to be solid starter.

Jarrad Davis is an absolute stud!!!! If we do select a DE in the 1st, Davis is the guy that I want in the 2nd. His sideline to sideline speed is unreal. Plus, he can blitz and cover. Last but not least, that dude can hit like a freight train.

Foster and Davis is 1a and 1b for me. I tend to want Foster more bc I think he would last a lot longer in the NFL. Davis plays with wreckless abandon, which I like, but that can lead to concussions early on. I could be thinking too much into it, but it's just I how see it. Also, Davis is definitely a 3 down backer, so he will be in high demand, and we can sure use a player like him.

If we ended up with Williams in the 1st and Davis in the 2nd, I'd be pretty stoked with that.

Free Agency

Re-sign Fairley
Re-sign Snead (ERFA)
Re-sign Sterling Moore

Draft

I think one FA OG and CB are attainable plus Fairley and Snead but the DE's cost a ton, I dont think we will go after one and if we do it will be a huge contract Vernon like b/c this is the premium on pass rushers. Would love those guys but not we would be able to fit that under the cap with Fairleys sizable contract and another big one for an OG. RB in the first and I would be sick people just rag on Ingram but he is a great back. We need an upgrade to pass catching RB sure but not in the 1st. Edge and CB is too deep for BPA. 2nd round and on RB sure.

Morris Claiborne CB
Stephen Paea DE
Denard Robinson RB
B.W. Webb CB
Kasim Edebali OLB
Paul Kruger OLB
Nick Fairley DT
Tim Lelito G
John Kuhn FB
Darryl Tapp DE Kept on Speed diall
Justin Drescher LS
Tim Hightower RB Kept on speed dial
Kyle Wilson CB
Shiloh Keo LB
John Phillips TE Michael Mauti LB
Sterling Moore CB
***Caveats****
If the jags do a house cleaning
Bortles Qb
Joeckel OL
Most of their Wr as well.

Round 1:
Deshone Kizer-QB- Notre Dame- I seriously doubt he is there, but you take a franchise qb when available.
Jabrill Peppers-S-Michigan- I’ve seen him as high as 5 and as low as 23, I predict no lower than 12
Tim Williams-DE-Alabama
Malik McDowell*, DT, Michigan State
Ethan Pocic, G/C, LSU
Caleb Brantley*, DT, Florida
Derek Barnett*, DE, Tennessee

Round 2:
Curtis Samuel*, RB/WR, Ohio State- He can also return punts and kicks
Chris Wormley, DE/DT, Michigan
Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU
Christian McCaffrey*, RB, Stanford
Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan
JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

Round3
T.J. Watt*, OLB/ILB, Wisconsin
Brad Kaaya*, QB, Miami
Samaje Perine*, RB, Oklahoma

Round 4
Mason Cole ot/C- Michigan- May return to school

Round 5- I know we don’t have a pick. A trade up isn’t unheard of nor is these guys falling to the 6th or later.
Dan Skipper, OT, Arkansas
Casey Tucker*, OT, Stanford
Marcus Maye, S, Florida
Jarrad Davis*, ILB/OLB, Florida
Lowell Lotulelei*, DT, Utah

Round 6
Tyrone Swoopes, TE, Texas
James Conner*, RB, Pittsburgh- I could see the Giants spending higher on him
Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M

Round 7
Conor McDermott, OT, UCLA

UDFA
K.C. McDermott*, G/OT, Miami
Larry Allen Jr.*, G, Harvard
Brian Allen*, C/G, Michigan State
Hardy Nickerson, OLB/ILB, Illinois
Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo
Jamal Williams, RB, BYU

Free agents
Resign Fairly

OG Kevin Zeitler plug and play at RG he will demand top dollar but is worth it.

CB Stephon Gilmore A starting caliber cover corner would go great across from Breaux. (Edit) another CB is Houston's AJ Bouye he took the starting role and became a shut down corner. Either of these would be a great addition across from Breaux.

LB Zach Brown came into his own this year and is a fast, strong 3 down linebacker who can cover, blitz and defend the run. This would give us a starting SAM allowing Anthony to move back to MLB.

Draft
1st DE Tim Williams, Alabama. Mike D calls him the 2nd best pass rusher in the draft, I'm convinced.
2nd RB/WR Curtis Samuel Ohio State. He would take Cadets role on the team and he is way more athletic.
3rd DE Harold Landry, Boston College. Had 15 sacks, 20.5 TFLs and 7 forced fumbles. Great depth incase Kikaha knees don't hold up.
4th OT Taylor Moton, Western Michigan. Can provide depth in 2017 and hopefully start at RT in 2018
6th KR/S Evan Berry Tennessee. Insane kick returner averaged over 38 per last year and 33 this year.
7th Some small school guy we've probably never heard of.

Who was the second best pass rusher in the 2016 draft after Bosa? Crickets. Just because your the second best "prospect" doesn't mean that you are worthy of being drafted in the top half of the 1st round. Historically...the Saints have drafted guys who are team captains. Not guys with checkered legal histories.

Bama had FOUR team captains...and not one of them was named Tim Williams. Two guys were...Jonathon Allen and Reuben Foster. Those guys will be higher on the Saints draft board...I'd put money on it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom