My offseason wish list and mock draft. (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Free agents
Resign Fairly

OG Kevin Zeitler plug and play at RG he will demand top dollar but is worth it.

CB Stephon Gilmore A starting caliber cover corner would go great across from Breaux. (Edit) another CB is Houston's AJ Bouye he took the starting role and became a shut down corner. Either of these would be a great addition across from Breaux.

LB Zach Brown came into his own this year and is a fast, strong 3 down linebacker who can cover, blitz and defend the run. This would give us a starting SAM allowing Anthony to move back to MLB.

Draft
1st DE Tim Williams, Alabama. Mike D calls him the 2nd best pass rusher in the draft, I'm convinced.
2nd RB/WR Curtis Samuel Ohio State. He would take Cadets role on the team and he is way more athletic.
3rd DE Harold Landry, Boston College. Had 15 sacks, 20.5 TFLs and 7 forced fumbles. Great depth incase Kikaha knees don't hold up.
4th OT Taylor Moton, Western Michigan. Can provide depth in 2017 and hopefully start at RT in 2018
6th KR/S Evan Berry Tennessee. Insane kick returner averaged over 38 per last year and 33 this year.
7th Some small school guy we've probably never heard of.

Gilmore and Brown would be huge gets!!!

However, I'd definitely go after Gilmore and I'd try my hardest to get Melvin Ingram. Then draft Foster bc that dude is a punishing son of a gun!!!! And that says a lot bc I usually don't think that Bama LBs translate to the NFL that well.

Gilmore and Brown would be huge gets!!!

However, I'd definitely go after Gilmore and I'd try my hardest to get Melvin Ingram. Then draft Foster bc that dude is a punishing son of a gun!!!! And that says a lot bc I usually don't think that Bama LBs translate to the NFL that well.

I would love Foster but I'm seeing him mocked top 10 a lot now and I think he will be gone. If he fell I would snatch him in a heartbeat, he would be the hardest hitting LB since Vaughn Johnson.

Ingram I think would not be a good fit we need a hand in the dirt DE and Ingram's short arms (31.5) will be an issue, at this level he seems to be best at OLB and unless we are switching to the 3-4 I doubt we go after him. This is a bad year looking for a 4-3 RDE in free agency.

I would love Foster but I'm seeing him mocked top 10 a lot now and I think he will be gone. If he fell I would snatch him in a heartbeat, he would be the hardest hitting LB since Vaughn Johnson.

Ingram I think would not be a good fit we need a hand in the dirt DE and Ingram's short arms (31.5) will be an issue, at this level he seems to be best at OLB and unless we are switching to the 3-4 I doubt we go after him. This is a bad year looking for a 4-3 RDE in free agency.

Despite the Chargers defense listed as a 3-4, they play a lot of 4-3. I don't think Ingram's arm length would be a problem, being that he has played with his hand in the dirt a lot already. However, it's his market value that would be an issue. Somewhere in the 10-12 million a year would get him. I'm not so sure that we would be willing to pony up that kind of scratch.

Derek Barnett*, DE, Tennessee or Demarcus Walker, DE, Florida State
Bucky Hodges*, TE, Virginia Tech
Height: 6-7. Weight: 245.
Projected 40 Time: 4.67.
Projected Round (2017): 3-4.

Brown has outplayed his contract but loves it in BUF think he stays. Its where he revived his career. AJ Bouye would be my first choice at CB he hasn't allowed a 100 yard WR all year. Gilmore would be good as well. I love Zeitler. Your mock draft also addresses our needs. I love Tim Williams and think Samuel in this offense would be amazing. Payton has had success with 2 buckeyes last year wonder if he goes back to the well with Samuel

What about Luke Joekel.
Played guard this year but from what I read may sign elsewhere to play OT.
Has played LT but might be a perfect fit at RT.

I would love to see us sign C. Patterson from the Vikings. A huge boost to the return game and can play a little WR and give us another burner. Wouldn't through huge money as him but would fill a nice void if the price is right.

Despite the Chargers defense listed as a 3-4, they play a lot of 4-3. I don't think Ingram's arm length would be a problem, being that he has played with his hand in the dirt a lot already. However, it's his market value that would be an issue. Somewhere in the 10-12 million a year would get him. I'm not so sure that we would be willing to pony up that kind of scratch.

That is a lot and given how deep pass rushers go in this draft that's the way to go. Other than him there is JPP who is a shell of his former self, Jabaal Sheard who's play dropped off and Jamie Collins.

Ever wonder why the draft can't be a little earlier. After Sunday, it will be 4 months till the draft.

That is a lot and given how deep pass rushers go in this draft that's the way to go. Other than him there is JPP who is a shell of his former self, Jabaal Sheard who's play dropped off and Jamie Collins.

Plus, despite Collins being a great player, I doubt we even give him a look. SP and Belicheck are good buddies and BB probably wouldn't give Collins a good endorsement. If we were to "splash" and give Ingram a sizable contract, along with nabbing Gilmore, then we could target Foster bc we need a stud LB. That's just my $.02. Our defense would be right where it needs to be, assuming we lock up Fairley like we should.

Plus, despite Collins being a great player, I doubt we even give him a look. SP and Belicheck are good buddies and BB probably wouldn't give Collins a good endorsement. If we were to "splash" and give Ingram a sizable contract, along with nabbing Gilmore, then we could target Foster bc we need a stud LB. That's just my $.02. Our defense would be right where it needs to be, assuming we lock up Fairley like we should.

Do you think Foster will be available when we pick? I'm starting to see him consistently mocked top 10 now.

Do you think Foster will be available when we pick? I'm starting to see him consistently mocked top 10 now.

Can't say now. Kind of depends on our draft spot after Sunday. We are a team that "goes and get their man" in the draft, but it's tough to say right now. I can honestly see Philly and Zona winning. And Atlanta needs a victory against us, so we could probably end up picking pretty close to #10

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom