My OMG stat of the day... (3 Viewers)

Only 1 person in the history of the NFL has passed for 4,400 yards and 26+ TD in 3 consecutive seasons.

DREW BREES!

Making records of his own that will not be touched for many seasons if ever. If he stays healthy, he could be the best ever.:worthy:

If Drew puts up a 45 to 55 TD season and or 4900 to 5200 yards it will go a long way.
However the Saints will need to go deep in the playoffs.
If we don't get a SB and it is clearly the fault of the defense then that will help as well.
I'm not saying that we loose in the playoffs because our defense fails down but if it did happen Drew would still get props.

I think one other thing that pundits look at is the "come from behind victories" - I know we dont have many of those under Brees. Not that its his fault. Heck most of the time it was the other team coming from behind to beat us in the final moments. But with the emergence of Mike Bell, we have a better than recent years shot of getting a lead and keeping it with a good run game.

You have to wonder what Brees would've ended the season with last year had they been able to go 1 or 3 more games... :)

Maybe we'll see this year..

With the emergence of a defense perhaps the man will be able to hit the only milestone that really matters...

ESPN Magazine has a cool article in the recent issue. It projected each starting QBs career numbers when they retire. Two interesting things:

1. Peyton Manning ages 27-29 had 4,199 yards/season. Brees - 4,637

2. Brees projected career totals: 56,273 yards 347 TDs

They have him 3rd behind Manning (71,923 and 500) and Favre (68,240 and 486).

His stat that impresses me the most is 200yard for 21 games and counting. Thats pretty damn impressive. last time he throw for under 200 yards was 12/2/07 against tampa.

On Pace

Damn I'm tired of hearing people say that he's on pace to throw for 96, even know they are joking.

OK, how about this:

After their first 2 TD's vs. the Lions, the Saints were on pace to score 168 points week 1. :hihi:

saints need to stop wasting his talents and get him in a SB or two before the window closes

Problem is, only 2 or 3 other Saints are currently at the pinnacle of their game like Drew. It usually takes more than that to get into the SB.

I think Drew plays longer than most. He doesn't really take too many hits and seems to have a drive to be the best.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom