My Opinion (Full Offseason Move Summary) (1 Viewer)

Spencer is not worth 8.5m. Greene is a very bad fit in a 3-4. Jordan Reed is a bit of a reach but the rest is pretty good.

Actually, Greene fits really well in my opinion, but I agree on spencer. The only reason I wanted him was because he was familiar with Ryan's system and that's a fraction of what Smith was paid and produces was more. He had 11 sacks this season so he will get a nice contract. I personally don't think anyone is worth that much lol, but it's what he's going to go for. Who would you replace Smith with?

Actually, Greene fits really well in my opinion, but I agree on spencer. The only reason I wanted him was because he was familiar with Ryan's system and that's a fraction of what Smith was paid and produces was more. He had 11 sacks this season so he will get a nice contract. I personally don't think anyone is worth that much lol, but it's what he's going to go for. Who would you replace Smith with?
Spencer is an OLB, not DE so he would compete with Galette/ Wilson, not Will Smith's spot. Greene is a 4-3 OLB. He is not a good pass rusher and WAY too undersized for 3-4 OLB. I would replace Smith with Hicks.

Roman Harper will not be released. When will everyone get this? Whether you like it or not, Jenkins and Harper will be on thenroster as safeties next year. It's 8 million dollars to Harper of the next 2 years. Argue with me about what the websites say if you want, but the way his contract is structured he has 8 million dollars guaranteed to him for the next 2 years.

Anthony spencer will be an OLB in the 3-4. His biggest strength is his coverage abilities.

If Ed Reed takes a big enough pay cut to play for the Saints, then the Ravens will be able to afford to bring him back for a year or 2.

With the amount of talent at OLB and that being the biggest hole in the defense. Why would the saints pass on one in the first round? For a safety? The last time the saints did that, they took Jenkins over Cushing and Mathews. You actually think they are going to do it again?

Anthony spencer is not a pass rushing OLB! He is a coverage OLB. The only reason he got his sacks is because he was playing opposite Ware and took advantage I double teams on blitz plays. Even if Spencer is signed, he wouldn't be a fix to the lack of pass rush that the defense has.

We can't address all of our needs this year so we need to be patient.

Trade back, grab Elam, pick up a 2nd and 4th/5th.

Round 2 options
David Amerson who can play CB or FS eventually is a ball hawk with 18 Ints in college at NCST.

Jordan Poyer
Jonathan cyprien

Then our safeties are set.

Round 3 options
Stedman Bailey WR, will be a stud on this team.
Corey Lemonier DE/OLB
Branden Jenkins DE/OLB, will have to sit out half the year rehabbing from Lisfranc still which is why a first round talent falls this far.

Round 4 options
kwame geathers NT
Branden Williams NT

chris Faulk OT
tyran mathieu

Roman Harper will not be released. When will everyone get this? Whether you like it or not, Jenkins and Harper will be on thenroster as safeties next year. It's 8 million dollars to Harper of the next 2 years. Argue with me about what the websites say if you want, but the way his contract is structured he has 8 million dollars guaranteed to him for the next 2 years.

Anthony spencer will be an OLB in the 3-4. His biggest strength is his coverage abilities.

If Ed Reed takes a big enough pay cut to play for the Saints, then the Ravens will be able to afford to bring him back for a year or 2.

With the amount of talent at OLB and that being the biggest hole in the defense. Why would the saints pass on one in the first round? For a safety? The last time the saints did that, they took Jenkins over Cushing and Mathews. You actually think they are going to do it again?

Anthony spencer is not a pass rushing OLB! He is a coverage OLB. The only reason he got his sacks is because he was playing opposite Ware and took advantage I double teams on blitz plays. Even if Spencer is signed, he wouldn't be a fix to the lack of pass rush that the defense has.

Dude calm down man, if Jenkins and Harper are both our safeties next year we are in trouble...whether you like it or not. If you actually go do some reading, Ryan has said himself that spencer is best suited to line up with his "hand in the dirt." Don't get so wound up about things, I'm just like you trying to come up with solutions too.

Hey guys...in regards to Vilma-I'd most likely put him over at LILB and have he and Hawthorne rotating. With Hawthorne getting a majority of the snaps so Vilma stays as fresh as possible. I worked hard on all this and made the numbers work for us, so I'm sure ML can put some genius together to make it work even better. It will take a lot of restructuring to make our main two FAs (Reed and Spencer) work, but I will post my calculations later...I'm in Malibu, CA with my wife on a mini vacation. Hope everyone is well.

We do different things while on vacation.

Dude calm down man, if Jenkins and Harper are both our safeties next year we are in trouble...whether you like it or not. If you actually go do some reading, Ryan has said himself that spencer is best suited to line up with his "hand in the dirt." Don't get so wound up about things, I'm just like you trying to come up with solutions too.

It has nothing to do with me wanting Jenkins and Harper or not, it's the fact that fans on this board need to realize this is a business and Loomis has put himsel into a hole with Harpers play and contract. The only real world solution is developing schemes that Harper and Jenkins will thrive in. Every player on defense was bad under Spags. There is reason the Saints haven't made any cuts, it's because they are going to evaluate these players on their own merit, not what was accomplished under Spags.

As for Spencer, I'd love to see where you got this quote from Ryan about putting spencer back at DE? Ryanair th coach that moved him to OLB and kept him there for 2 years. Also, he used him in more coverage plays than any linebacker on his team. That does t sound like a guy meant for DE to me. Maybe your getting confused with Monte Kiffin, who will put Spencer at DE if he resigns.

Its not 8 mill guaranteed per se. He already has that 8 mill in the form of a signing bonus when he signed it. To us we get to prorate the cap hit over the remaining 2 yrs on the contract. But we Can save the yearly salary and workout bonuses and such portion which ammonts to 4-6 mill more...

Its not 8 mill guaranteed per se. He already has that 8 mill in the form of a signing bonus when he signed it. To us we get to prorate the cap hit over the remaining 2 yrs on the contract. But we Can save the yearly salary and workout bonuses and such portion which ammonts to 4-6 mill more...

He ha 8 million guaranteed from his signing bonus, which is at 2 million for this year and another 2 next. But what no one has paid any attention to is that his contract guarantee a total of 16 million. The other 8 million guaranteed is tied up in his yearly salary. Now i think there is a few hundred thousand in roster bonuses that would come off, so its around 7.8 million mark. It's actually a spectacular deal done by Harper's agent. And I'm sure Loomis had plans of Harper beig a franchise player after his pro bowl season.

I'm one of the few Harper fans out there, who thinks his play will step up huge under Ryan and an above average pass rush.

The main issue is linebackers. It amazes me that ppl on this board are ready to just toss out 2 proven safeties after one bad year, but are all in on 2 unproven linebackers in Gallette and Wilson who have never even had an average season.

Loomis has already invested his money in Harper and Jenkins, if he cuts them loose he has to rebuild that position from scratch. I think the focus this offseason needs to be OLB and see if the safeties can turn there play around. If they can't, cut bait and focus on that position next year or mid season.

I cant lie...i liked it and then i reread it and asked....Y do u keep insisting on plaing OLB's @ DE in a 3-4.

Anthony spencer cannot play DE in a 3-4 not now not ever....let it go man

If the guy isnt 285-310 he isnt going to play DE in a 3-4. K??

Turk Glass Mcbride@ De in a 3-4........ sigh

Also and this is pure opinion...well probably have a better chance@ getting victor butler than anthony spencer

Not too bad. I'd still like the kicker from Tulane in the seventh round. moving MJ back to corner is a serious mistake. also getting ridd of Chris Ivory is another big mistake. other than those 3 things it doesn't look too bad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom