My opinion of what changed the game (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I believe it was 0-0 and the Saints had the ball after forcing a big opening 3 and out Defensive stance. Brees and the boys converted 3 3rd down conversions and were moving the ball down the field and milking the clock. Well it was 3rd down and Brees threw an incomplete pass because he was hurried by a defender who clearly should have gotten a 15 YARD PENALTY when he took a shot to Brees' helmet and even knocked out his contact. This would have given us a first down at the 25 yard line where would have burned another 3 minutes off the clock scored and could have gone up 7-0 but instead we miss a 52 yard field goal and give the Colts field position at mid field. Your thoughts?

I believe it was 0-0 and the Saints had the ball after forcing a big opening 3 and out Defensive stance. Brees and the boys converted 3 3rd down conversions and were moving the ball down the field and milking the clock. Well it was 3rd down and Brees threw an incomplete pass because he was hurried by a defender who clearly should have gotten a 15 YARD PENALTY when he took a shot to Brees' helmet and even knocked out his contact. This would have given us a first down at the 25 yard line where would have burned another 3 minutes off the clock scored and could have gone up 7-0 but instead we miss a 52 yard field goal and give the Colts field position at mid field. Your thoughts?

I think that may have stopped this from being a blowout. But maybe not translate into a win.

You're right.

Also, the receiver Brees was throwing to was wide open. Freeney's hit knocked the wind out of Brees' throw.

Either way, we would have been knocking at the door, would have been close to runng the quarter down and getting points.

Could have done wonders for the complexion of the game.

But we were still getting whooped at the line of scrimmage, even on D. I don't think we would have held Manning in check all night.

We can play better and we can hang with the Colts, but we have to play flawless.

We really are niot yet to the elite level where we can show up a little flat or make mistakes against a very good team. We need some more players on D and we might need a little more bulk on the O-line.

Last edited:
I agree, it may sound like a crappy excuse, but it would have kept the drive alive and changed the face of the game. Funny how they waited almost a whole set of downs to show that replay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom