My opinion on last night's game (1 Viewer)

My opinion

Peat needs to sit

Coleman and Murphy need to be on a Greyhound home.

Someone needs to be made an example of. Execute one or two and the others will fall in line.

I just rewatched the game and focused mainly on the offensive line and Peat. He has a problem. His technique is all wrong for some reason. He has bad foot work. He has alligator arms and he doesn't appear aggressive enough. It seem as if he is embracing for impact rather than trying to block. I am sorry to say but he isn't ready. 3 years with the Lelitio experience is enough.

I know it is the reserve but I have to say the third unit played better. Their only problem is game rep and experiences. Overall if we can fixed this offensive line problem and make it a least decent, we will be ok. Hate to take one step forward and two step back.

It's hard to have good technique when you're being thrown all over the offensive line. I wish Coach would just decide on a position for Peat and put him there (RG). Let him learn that position. If he can develop into a decent/good RG then you're really only having to compensate for one position on the line. Landon Turner was the best offensive lineman in college football, he's got the awards to prove it. Dude is a natural guard and can run block very well. I say give him some reps with the 1's and see how he does. I was excited when we signed him, and hope he gets a chance to play. I think he is a prime example of talent that needs some NFL coaching in order to reach his potential.

This is a team we are making excuses for. That's a bad sign. Good teams don't need excuses. But I hear you. Gotta keep hope alive.

No other team in the NFL has had camp out of state and started the preseason with 2 straight road games. No other team in the NFL was watching an epic natural disaster unfold in their backyard. It's kind of hard to get up for a preseason game when you know you get to go home for the first time in a month shortly when the game is over.

An excuse? Maybe some but let's not pretend that it doesn't have an impact.

Preseason is meaningless but we have to start looking like a team at some point. I'll wait to throw the towel in on the season for another few weeks. You know, give them to at least week 1 before calling for a tank job.

It's hard to have good technique when you're being thrown all over the offensive line. I wish Coach would just decide on a position for Peat and put him there (RG). Let him learn that position. If he can develop into a decent/good RG then you're really only having to compensate for one position on the line. Landon Turner was the best offensive lineman in college football, he's got the awards to prove it. Dude is a natural guard and can run block very well. I say give him some reps with the 1's and see how he does. I was excited when we signed him, and hope he gets a chance to play. I think he is a prime example of talent that needs some NFL coaching in order to reach his potential.

Well true. Can't blame all this on Peat either. Coaching staff did a piss poor job of allowing him to learn one position first. Constantly moving him around does not allow him to be comfortable at any position. However, Peat doesn't seem to play with aggression. I get the mental aspect of it and it does take time. However, just by his looking at his footwork and the way his arms don't seem to extend long enough to engage the defender, it just seems off technique wise. A guy that size should never be pushed around that easily.

Well true. Can't blame all this on Peat either. Coaching staff did a piss poor job of allowing him to learn one position first. Constantly moving him around does not allow him to be comfortable at any position. However, Peat doesn't seem to play with aggression. I get the mental aspect of it and it does take time. However, just by his looking at his footwork and the way his arms don't seem to extend long enough to engage the defender, it just seems off technique wise. A guy that size should never be pushed around that easily.

I'd pay anything not to watch a boxing match between Peat and Coleman.

This need to be taken in large doses by all. We can make excuses, but it would be wise to wait, read, watch and see what the coaches put together, and what takes the field in September. As hard as I was on Drew and Payton last year, they at least need the first few games to show us that they know how to win again. I'm on the record for at least giving them the first 4 games, and making sure they try and start better than the last few years.

Right now, it's just wise to watch. We don't know what the coaches are doing, who they are looking at, why they have plays, players or formations that we see in the game right now. Preseason is meant for team to get better...we have some things that need to get better, no doubt, but the real games start next month.

Not last night.
I'm surprised u said this. The organization, particularly the offense, has been here a while.We are coming off back 2 back losing seasons. On certain levels we already know what we got, it just a matter of whether we added or subtracted the overall team; particularly on D. As long as Drew is here we will have an elite O. When We were on our run, preseason was an afterthought, now it's a reflection of the teams ability. Looks like a 7-9 to 9-7 team at this point. I'm a fan, so I hope I'm wrong. We'll all know in a couple of months.

This is a team, that is a PRACTICE team. They play well in practice but just can't get up for a real game. It really gets tiring watching this same old performance over and over again.

I'm surprised u said this. The organization, particularly the offense, has been here a while.We are coming off back 2 back losing seasons. On certain levels we already know what we got, it just a matter of whether we added or subtracted the overall team; particularly on D. As long as Drew is here we will have an elite O. When We were on our run, preseason was an afterthought, now it's a reflection of the teams ability. Looks like a 7-9 to 9-7 team at this point. I'm a fan, so I hope I'm wrong. We'll all know in a couple of months.

I am as shocked as you are.

Well, almost half the team that played last night will not be on the team in a month.

The first team offense and first team defense still hasn't taken a single snap together as a whole.

Peat is being shuffled around like a deck of cards and may not even see the field this season.

Even with that, if that was Cooks instead of Coleman (which it would be in the regular season) then we win that game going away and today everyone is talking about how good the defense looked.

The Texans have been having training camp at home, in Houston. They played their first preseason game at home, in Houston. They played their second preseason game at home in Houston.

The Saints don't have to travel anywhere for the next 3.5 weeks. It's there turn to rest up, sleep in their own bed and have the comforts of home as well as playing with the home crowd.

We'll start trimming the roster down and know more about what we have in the next few weeks.

Well, almost half the team that played last night will not be on the team in a month.

The first team offense and first team defense still hasn't taken a single snap together as a whole.

Peat is being shuffled around like a deck of cards and may not even see the field this season.

Even with that, if that was Cooks instead of Coleman (which it would be in the regular season) then we win that game going away and today everyone is talking about how good the defense looked.

The Texans have been having training camp at home, in Houston. They played their first preseason game at home, in Houston. They played their second preseason game at home in Houston.

The Saints don't have to travel anywhere for the next 3.5 weeks. It's there turn to rest up, sleep in their own bed and have the comforts of home as well as playing with the home crowd.

We'll start trimming the roster down and know more about what we have in the next few weeks.

Good point, but the Texan didn't play a full deck either. But you do have a point though. By the way, just a little edit to your post. The Texan first preseason game was in San Francisco.

Good point, but the Texan didn't play a full deck either. But you do have a point though. By the way, just a little edit to your post. The Texan first preseason game was in San Francisco.

Ahh, that makes more sense. I knew they went to SF for joint practices but ESPN had them as the home team in the game. Guess it's preseason stat time for ESPN too.

No, they didn't have a full deck and half the guys playing for them wont be on the team in a month either. Regardless, 1+1 doesn't equal 2 in the preseason.

Besides, Matt Ryan is 6-15 for 78 yards in the preseason. If all else fails, we got that.

I'll be honest. I think RB is one of the weakest positions on the team and the weakest unit we've had since Payton has been here. I know that wont be a popular statement but it's true.

Our Oline is trash. Hard to judge the RBs when they're dodging tacklers in the backfield.

Our Oline is trash. Hard to judge the RBs when they're dodging tacklers in the backfield.

They haven't been dodging tacklers in the backfield, that's the problem. I know RB's need lanes to be highly productive but good Rb's create stuff on their own at least some of the time.

It's pretty bad when Spiller was the only one falling forward. Ingram looked like he didn't want to be out there. One play Ingram chipped a pass rusher and got knocked backwards a good 5 yards, that was just pathetic. If the run blocking is going to be that bad we need a guy that can plow and get 3 yards when there isn't anything and we just don't have that guy on the roster.

They haven't been dodging tacklers in the backfield, that's the problem. I know RB's need lanes to be highly productive but good Rb's create stuff on their own at least some of the time.

It's pretty bad when Spiller was the only one falling forward. Ingram looked like he didn't want to be out there. One play Ingram chipped a pass rusher and got knocked backwards a good 5 yards, that was just pathetic. If the run blocking is going to be that bad we need a guy that can plow and get 3 yards when there isn't anything and we just don't have that guy on the roster.

But Spiller is the one fighting more or less for a place. What do you suppose Payton is thinking with Ingram in the game? Get used to the tempo and stay healthy. Ingram is very capable of knocking the snot out of someone if he chooses, but as the unquestioned starter, why should he do it in the second preseason game? For the last ten years it's obvious with Payton he doesn't care about preseason, and he's obviously more concerned about the health of his starters than he is about winning some glorified practice.

The offensive line is the point here. Unger is the starter at C. Armstead was injured so Peat was over there and practicing at both guard positions. Your new guys are there too, getting time. Here again, do you think Armstead, Unger or Strief are selling themselves out in preseason? Heck there isn't any line scheme beyond simple straightforward blocking in the preseason.

Payton's great strength is scheme. His teams not always the most talented, they just play smarter than most. That isn't shown in the preseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep in mind that we may have faced the best defense in the NFL this year only missing JJ. Clowney, while not an all pro, is a solid DE that was starting to put together some good stuff last year. They had the 3rd best points allowed even with the **** show for offense. Imagine how that D will do with better field position and less time on the field. JJ and Clowney might end up being the best book end DE's in the league this year. I'm not surprised that they ate our patch work O-Line up, especially without any game planning and a lack of our full offensive weaponry.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom