My Playoff Tickets Dilemna thread (1 Viewer)

thanks guys! hopefully security will relax for the bengals game and let me dance a little in the aisle. because honestly, the only reason you guys saw that much of me on the jumbotron was because everyone in front of me went home.

well, except that one guy.

What's up with the security this year anyway? They freak out if you just walk up to the railing in the sections surrounding me. You can't stop at all while going to your seat, etc....She's like a drill sargeant!!

Why can you only go to a playoff game? Is it some major complication, or are you just holding out for a playoff game.

My suggestion; go to a normal game with him. Pay for parking, buy his drinks and lunch and have a great time, and he'll keep you as an option when the playoffs come.

I have an extra ticket, and I'm not going to invite someone I haven't been to a game with. I'm going to invite the people I had the most fun with at the games earlier in the season.

My two cents.

Exactly, I wouldn't even consider giving one of my playoff tickets (much less both of them) to someone who's not enough of a fan to go to the games that got them there.

Wow, some of you guys.... judgmental much? You do realize that 2884 lives in Alabama, right? Not everybody can just drop everything on any given Sunday and head to the Dome from wherever on the globe they happen to be. If somebody offered me tickets, I'd have to decline 99% of the time too. I live in North Carolina. I suppose that makes me a bad fan too, eh?

Jeez, lighten up. Optimusaint, please refrain from jacking Big Dave's thread. Everyone can look at you and pat you on the back for your costume skills elsewhere. Personally, I'm not the least bit impressed, but to each his own. atceagle, of course they aren't 2884's tickets. But it is his dilemma. Get it? Madmarsha, of course 2884's neighbor has his own dilemma, but the dilemma 2884 is talking about is his own dilemma over how to broach the subject.

I mean, seriously, how far do you guys have to reach to find something to jump on a guy for? Believe it or not, most people have to consider other circumstances and make judgments about when attending a Saints game is "important enough" to warrant spending the extra time and money and putting off other things, vs. watching the game on tee vee or whatever.

2884, it's real simple from where I sit. If you haven't taken the time to explain to your neighbor the reasons you haven't been able to accept his invitation(s), do so. Make it very clear to him that you'd love to, and that you're grateful for the consideration, and that you plan to take him up on it one of these days. Ask him to please keep you in mind and tell him that you hope he doesn't stop asking, and that the first time you can swing it, you will. You might even drop a hint that your schedule gets a lot easier to manage "after the first of the year, but by then it'll be the postseason."

Then when the playoffs roll around, ask him if he knows anybody who has an extra ticket you could BUY. Make it perfectly clear to him that you're willing to pay for the ticket. Insist, even.

It may or may not help, like Madmarsha said, you really don't have any control over what your neighbor does with HIS ticket. But it couldn't hurt.

I agree with clamo. What I took from the initial post is that 2884 may only be able to make one game this year (whether that be because of money, time, and/or transportation constraints) and he would like to hold out for a playoff game if that comes around. Nothing wrong with that.

Some of you should really calm down on the bandwagon labels and all of that other petty crap. :shrug:

2884, I understand your problem but just remember every game from here on out is a playoff game. Also I have a feeling if the Saints make the palyoffs this season they won't be playing on Saturday. Also remember the Panthers game is on New Years Eve so you won't have school the next day.

I agree with clamo. What I took from the initial post is that 2884 may only be able to make one game this year (whether that be because of money, time, and/or transportation constraints) and he would like to hold out for a playoff game if that comes around. Nothing wrong with that.

Some of you should really calm down on the bandwagon labels and all of that other petty crap. :shrug:

Wow, I missed this thread. You might want to consider the New Year's Eve game--although not a playoff game, it will certainly be a playoff atmospher and most assuradly have playoff implications.

And I concur with Clamo re: his advice and Jacob re: "you aren't a real fan" attitude.

I can attest posting here on this board that 2884 has been a fan for a very long time and bleeds black and gold.

I drive 12 hours round trip from Houston on game day and I woundn't think of giving up my playoff tickets to anyone.

2884, I do hope that your neighbor is more willing to take you than I would be. There is a lot of advice on this thread that could help, but only really know what type of guy your neighbor is. Is he just your neighbor or are you guys good friends? Your neighbor might be more inclined to take a family member with him or maybe one of his best buddies if all he is to you is your neighbor.

Good luck.

You do realize that 2884 lives in Alabama, right?

probably would have helped if he would have said that ...

just one question 2884 ...is he going to make you drive yourself to the playoff game, because from the orignal mess. It looks like he is giving you a ticket but wont bring you there and back

I think the neighbor of mine has brought up the issue before guys and I accepted to go with him if it was an important game, like the Panthers game or the playoff game in fact. I think the guy could give me the playoff tickets if we did make it and it looks like we might do that. I tell you what, I will ask the guy today If I can if its okay with him that I could go with him to the Panthers game on New Year's Eve and maybe the playoff game too if we make it.

Thats a big if, some people dont want to give you a playoff ticket automatically if really at all. I think if I asked TPS if I could have his playoff tickets and we made it actually, I think he would laugh in my face and say no. But I will try and let you guys know okay.

BTW, out of curiosity, how much are home playoff tickets if we do indeed make it guys? Pretty expensive I can tell, try giving me a price estimate if you could?

we should do poll to determine who is the biggest saints fan

Guys, an neighbor of mine has Saints season tickets and has been asking me whether or not I want to attend a game with him this season, well I want to go to one, but it would have to be a playoff game and since we may be going their this season, how do I ask him or tell him that?

2884 - As a fellow Mobilian, I would suggest that you take the neighbor's offer to attend a regular season game - do this first. As a result of this offer, the 2 1/2 hour drive over and back from the game - you will most likely develop an even greater friendship with the neighbor. In all likelyhood, when the Saints have a playoff game - HE will extend the invite to you to attend the playoff game - therefore, you will never even have to ask him!!

Just my 2 cents.

I think if I asked TPS if I could have his playoff tickets and we made it actually, I think he would laugh in my face and say no. But I will try and let you guys know okay.

Well, Steve wasn't able to get season tickets this year, I don't think. But if one ticket in my group of 12 pops up, I wouldn't mind giving it away to any hardcore Saints fan like yourself, 2884. I'm sure he'd do the same.

This year, that just hasn't been the case, as everyone in my group brings it all 4 quarters. :hihi:

And I really wouldn't be able to help you out with a ride. :shrug:

Jeez, lighten up. Optimusaint, please refrain from jacking Big Dave's thread. Everyone can look at you and pat you on the back for your costume skills elsewhere. Personally, I'm not the least bit impressed, but to each his own.

i was simply playing on the joke where everyone was arguing over who was the "biggest" fan. im not doing it to impress you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom