My post in the Lutz thread before the game. (1 Viewer)

It says a lot that Payton put his trust in Lutz' chances at 61 yards rather than Brees on a hail mary.

Think about that.

I'm pumped about Lutz.

We've been begging for a long term solution at kicker for years since Hartley.

I think we got it.

I think that Lutz will be fine.

I understand that he missed 2 FGs (50 yds and 61 yds), but you can also see that he was nervous as well. He almost hit that 61 yarder his 1st game an undrafted rookie.

That 61-yard we was reeeaaaaaally close. I was upset we lost. But I wasn't really upset at Lutz for missing it.

what speaks volumes to me is that Brees usually wants the ball in his hands in that situation, but it looked to me like he wanted the kid to take that kick

I think that Lutz will be fine.

I understand that he missed 2 FGs (50 yds and 61 yds), but you can also see that he was nervous as well. He almost hit that 61 yarder his 1st game an undrafted rookie.

Lutz wasnt nervous, those kicks just sailed off a bit, you could hear the boom in every field goal attempt the kid has a leg.

I'm glad that Payton is building this team up with young players and putting his faith in their develpment and his coaching staff, I think it says alot that he brought the kid in (reportedly been watching him develop all preseason) and pulled the trigger on him while reshaping the roster before opening day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom