My Power Ranking as of 9/27/09 (1 Viewer)

alexa

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
It's a bit early because of the Monday night game, but w/e. Prolly not the best system out there, but not too bad. Indy's game for passing D, but if you sort by team name the stats are there.

The power rankings is the average ranking of (1) point differential, (2) passer rating differential (O Passer Rating - D Passer Rating), and (3) rushing ypa differential (Offense YPA - Defense YPA).

http://img29.imageshack.us/i/ranking.gif/

Last edited:
Not the best system but at least it takes some evidence into account, unlike other power ratings which ultimately boil down to "Here's what some 'experts' think." Either way power rankings are fun but Ws are all that matter.

You need to tweak with the parameters somehow to where Denver does not appear to be the third most powerful team in the NFL

Seems like you decided to use everything the Saints are good at in your rankings, LOL. Thanks for posting though, interesting stuff.

Seems like you decided to use everything the Saints are good at in your rankings, LOL. Thanks for posting though, interesting stuff.

What else should I use?

Points Scored - Points Allowed is a good stat

Passer Rating is a good stat to judge a passing game as it takes into account YPA, TDs, Ints, and Completion rate (granted not sacks -__-)

Rushing YPA is self explanatory.

Btw this is differential (Offense Stat - Defense Stat) for rushing, passing, and points

What else should I use?

Points Scored - Points Allowed is a good stat

Passer Rating is a good stat to judge a passing game as it takes into account YPA, TDs, Ints, and Completion rate (granted not sacks -__-)

Rushing YPA is self explanatory.

Nothing wrong with it, I guess the Saints are good at pretty much everything so it wouldn't matter anyway. :mwink: Turnover differential would be a good one to add though, because that is a big deal in the NFL game.

Nothing wrong with it, I guess the Saints are good at pretty much everything so it wouldn't matter anyway. :mwink: Turnover differential would be a good one to add though, because that is a big deal in the NFL game.

Done

Heh, like any computer formula the weakness is in understanding the intangibles. Denver gets up to #2 based on a tip and playing the two of lowest ranked teams. They're headed into a stretch of 8 games where I'll be shocked if they win more than 2, though.

Humans are off by bias, pure stats are off by missing the big picture.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom