My projected stats for Drew Brees in 2019 (1 Viewer)

Not happening bro.

So why do you think Brees stats fell off at the end of last year? Apparently you don't think it was age related since you see him putting up big stats this coming season. Do you believe it was an undisclosed injury?

I can see him having more yards than last year if the TE and WR2 positions step up the production this season. We can probably all agree there :)

With the addition of Cook and the continued development of Arnold and addition of Mack, coupled with the continued development of Kirkwood, Smith...a healthy Ginn and continued dominance of Thomas and last but not least the discovery of a diamond in the rudf player in Humphrey or Emmanuel Butler.

Then there is the runningback position with Kamara, Murray, Washington, Devine and solidifying the already talented offensive line....there is no reason to think if healthy this team will be more consistent than they were last year.

I see an offense that turns more towards the passing game than what we've seen in the past 2 seasons.

448-608 73.6%
5,046 yds 8.3 ypa
41 TDs, 9 Ints

114.4 QB Rating

That's 38 attempts a game, still well below the typical 41-42 attempts he averaged during his most prolific seasons in terms of passing yards.

Very high efficiency passing game as dictated by the 8.3 yards per attempt and another sterling 73.6% completion rate.

Oh and he's not close to retiring after this season.

The Saints will average 29 carries a game on the ground. Still a very balanced offense.

I'd be cool with those numbers as long as it comes with a Lombardi.

History does show our most successful seasons came when Drew passed for under 5k.

In years past when he passed for over 5k it was bc we had no running game.

I would def be for over 5k and a strong running game as well. If that's what your stating.

Therefore that would make this offense one of the most prolific in NFL History.

I'd def be down with that!

Good Post OP

Who Dat vs Everybody

So why do you think Brees stats fell off at the end of last year? Apparently you don't think it was age related since you see him putting up big stats this coming season. Do you believe it was an undisclosed injury?

More likely it was a combination of Ginn being out, the left side of our O-line being out, and teams figuring out that Smith wasn't a real threat yet. The first two things can't be debated at all... cold hard facts. But Smith not being a real threat is something that I think teams figured out. He looked like another coming of Mike Thomas in a few games earlier in the season. Teams had to respect him, and that opened things up for other receivers. Once they realized that he couldn't beat them... with Ginn out... all they had to do was shut down MT and AK. And that's what they did.

I would def be for over 5k and a strong running game as well. If that's what your stating.

Therefore that would make this offense one of the most prolific in NFL History.

I'd def be down with that!

Good Post OP

Who Dat vs Everybody
That's what I'm saying.

Highly efficient passing game with a strong ground attack.

A more 'explosive' offense than last season, thanks in large part to the acquisition of Cook and the maturation of our young receivers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom