My Proposed Draft day trade to the Eagles (1 Viewer)

According to the value chart, the swap has the value of a pick in the lower half of round two.

that is why he is saying to swap picks, not give away our pick.

Sheppard was fourth on the list when it came to cornerback success rate. Of course, Jason David was #1 at 3 %. But Sheppard only managed a success rate of 41%. I believe he has talent and could contribute. But he's terribly overrated on this board. At best, I would offer a fourth rounder. I DEFINITELY WOULD NOT TRADE DOWN and GIVE UP A FOURTH for Lito Sheppard. That's ludicrous, if not insane as well.

Mike McKenzie Trade

Our 4th next year is not tied to Vilma.

Our 2nd and 3rd could potentially be.

Lito isn't worth anywhere near a 2nd round pick. You don't give up a 1st round pick for a player trade nowadays unless the player being traded is a QB or a young superstar RB. Mike McKenzie was gotten for a 2nd, and Lito ain't worthy of polishing McKenzie's cleats.

Mike McKenzie was traded for a 2nd round pick, QB J.T. O’Sullivan, and a conditional pick in 2006 NFL Draft. From what I can tell, the conditions weren't met for the 2006 draft pick.

Lito Shepherd is no Mike McKenzie in his prime, but he would be the 2nd best Saints CB, if acquired -- and a better CB isn't drafted. Of course, no one can say with any certainty that any of the CBs avaialble in the draft are better than Shepherd.

Lito has won games for the Eagles. He may have also put the Eagles in bad situations too. But I would love to have a risk taking CB. A CB that plays the ball consistantly.

Will Smith for Ltio and then draft Derrick Harvey?

Will Smith for Ltio and then draft Derrick Harvey?

Pennstater, as I wrote in my reply of the thread you started, you don't trade a player for the risk of him having a good year, and therefore, to look for a big contract.

If Will Smith have a great season, we look to sign him to a long term contract or worst case scenario, we franchise him. Even if we decide to franchise Evans, Colston or Vilma instead, I say keep Smith even if we may loose him for nothing at the end of the season.

There is no way that Sheppard represents the value of Smith, and having to take a defensive end with our first rounder would make in proper terms the trade more expensive to the saints, we would not be fill a position of need (like defensive tackle) with our first rounder.

I am not trying to blast you, but trading Smith makes no sense to me.

but by moving down, would be able to get a mayo or conner and lito?
only would do it, if both dorsey/ellis are both off before 8, if so, i'd jump on it.

This scenario doesn't sound bad at all. I would only do it if both Dorsey or Ellis are gone before we pick. However, I would love to get Gholston, which I know that won't happen.

I would be ok with the trade, Lito is a solid corner and still young. It wouldnt be the best case scenario but the Saints ideally need to find a way to get two starting players out of their first pick. Most of the players 10 to 40 grade out roughly the same so quality of our drafted player wouldnt drop that much.

Plus we have to pay him. Let him go and draft a corner (even though I don't want one in the first round, don't trade for Lito)

That's still giving up way too much. Moving down 9 spots is a big deal.

Moving down that far for Lito is basically saying he has mid second round value. IMHO he has mid to late 3rd round value. So to move down that far we would need there 4th rounder which they don't have. So you can't really get equal value. If you take there 5th rounder 153rd overall to me you aren't getting good value. But thats a matter of opinion. This is as close as I can get in a trade down deal. Maybe if we could work if we got Philly 3rd rounder next year but I doubt they would do that.

The eagles acquire the 10th overall selection

The Saints acquire the 19th overall selection
The Saints acquire the 153rd overall selection or next years 3rd round pick
The Saints acquire CB Lito Sheppard

So my preference would be to trade down. But if we can't get good value and have to trade another draft pick to get him then maybe we should keep that pick!

i can't see the eagles doing it, but swapping picks vs. outright trading a 3rd would look like this for us:

swapping 1sts:
we get dan connor in the 1st
we get t. lawas in the 2nd
we get s. crable in the 3rd
*and* we get l. sheppard

trading a 3rd for him means
we get drc in the 1st
we get t. laws in the 2nd
*and* l. sheppard (no 3rd)

so is connor, laws, crable, and sheppard > drc, laws, and sheppard? if you say no you're in effect saying drc is a better prospect than connor and crable together (i used drc, laws, and crable because it looks like those are the picks the SR board would go with)

i can't see the eagles doing it, but swapping picks vs. outright trading a 3rd would look like this for us:

swapping 1sts:
we get dan connor in the 1st
we get t. lawas in the 2nd
we get s. crable in the 3rd
*and* we get l. sheppard

trading a 3rd for him means
we get drc in the 1st
we get t. laws in the 2nd
*and* l. sheppard (no 3rd)

so is connor, laws, crable, and sheppard > drc, laws, and sheppard? if you say no you're in effect saying drc is a better prospect than connor and crable together (i used drc, laws, and crable because it looks like those are the picks the SR board would go with)

I would Think Crable would fit at LB for us not DE and you don't need him if you draft Conner in the first. But I get your point. I would also rather trade down if we can't move up to get Ellis. I don't really like the idea of giving our 3rd to move up 3 spaces with NE.(which i think is probably the most likely scenario) Ellis and say the best CB left at #40 and no 3rd or no 4th doesn't sound very good to me to be honest. If we could trade Stinch and #10 to NE to move up or some other player and keep the 3rd i would consider it depending on who the player is.

Swap Saints 1st round pick at 10 for Philly's 19th pick and Philly gets a fourth next year.

Saints acquire Lito Sheppard

The reasoning behind the trade:

Philly would move up in front of the Bills and will pick the top receiver on the board Malcolm Kelley out of Oklahoma. Also acquiring a 4th next year, pretty good deal for a player in the last year of his contract and very injury prone.

Saints would get a proven starter in this league who's known for his big play potential. Also most mock drafts who don't have DRC or Keith Rivers going to the Saints have those two falling past 19. One of them would be available.

Saints defensive roster after the trade:

Mike Mckenzie, Lito Shepard, Randall Gay, Usama Young, Jason David, Jason Craft, (perhaps DRC)

Roman Harper, Kevin Kaesviharn, Josh Bullocks, Chris Reis, (perhaps Kenny Phillips)

Scott Fujita, Jonathan Vilma, Dan Morgan, Scott Shanle, Mark Simoneau, Troy Evans, Marvin Mitchell, (perhaps Keith Rivers)

Hollis Thomas, Brian Young, Kendrick Clancy, McKinley Boykin, Antwan Lake, (perhaps Trevor Laws -- would rather make that pick in the second -- go for BPA)

We dont have a fourth next year (Vilma conditional pick)

Noway do I give up a 2nd (value of swapping picks) and 4th rounder. Offer a 3rd straight up. If they take it good. If not draft one of the many great CB's that will be available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds this year. Lito is an extremely injury prone CB who is highly overrated. Is he better then what we have aside from MM? Most likely, but that doesn't mean we should overpay for him.

If Lito was that valuable he'd of been traded by now. The entire league knows the Eagles are going to have to give him up for cheap, and we can benefit from that on draft day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom