My Proposed Draft day trade to the Eagles (1 Viewer)

unome_brother

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Swap Saints 1st round pick at 10 for Philly's 19th pick and Philly gets a fourth next year.

Saints acquire Lito Sheppard

The reasoning behind the trade:

Philly would move up in front of the Bills and will pick the top receiver on the board Malcolm Kelley out of Oklahoma. Also acquiring a 4th next year, pretty good deal for a player in the last year of his contract and very injury prone.

Saints would get a proven starter in this league who's known for his big play potential. Also most mock drafts who don't have DRC or Keith Rivers going to the Saints have those two falling past 19. One of them would be available.

Saints defensive roster after the trade:

Mike Mckenzie, Lito Shepard, Randall Gay, Usama Young, Jason David, Jason Craft, (perhaps DRC)

Roman Harper, Kevin Kaesviharn, Josh Bullocks, Chris Reis, (perhaps Kenny Phillips)

Scott Fujita, Jonathan Vilma, Dan Morgan, Scott Shanle, Mark Simoneau, Troy Evans, Marvin Mitchell, (perhaps Keith Rivers)

Hollis Thomas, Brian Young, Kendrick Clancy, McKinley Boykin, Antwan Lake, (perhaps Trevor Laws -- would rather make that pick in the second -- go for BPA)

Last edited:
Lito Sheppard does not have 1st round value. I might give a 2nd or 3rd for him though.

Lito Sheppard does not have 1st round value. I might give a 2nd or 3rd for him though.

that is why he is saying to swap picks, not give away our pick.

my only problem with lito shepard and the whole trading issue is I know he is injury prone and on good days is an elite CB but part of my thinking is his name and the fact he has recieved alot of media market for philly. lets face it they get alot more attention than the saints and this seems to inflate a players value so I could see maybe sending a third rounder to him but nothing more we have a tough spot in the draft but also alot of oppurtunities to get the player we want Buffalo and the Saints control what seems the pivtol picks for so many teams so if we work it out right we can make out like bandits get a young corner or move up to get ellis I just don't think he's worth investing in

but by moving down, would be able to get a mayo or conner and lito?
only would do it, if both dorsey/ellis are both off before 8, if so, i'd jump on it.

To move back from 10 to 19 is about 425pts. (basically a middle 2nd rounder) + our 4th rounder is a pretty steep price to pay. I'm thinking a 3rd rounder at most. I wouldn't mind trading back if one of the big DT's don't fall, because a really good corner will still be there at #19. However for this 1st round trade back to work, we'll need to pickup their fourth rounder...not ours.

I would love to make this trade work...Lito is a solid corner and I would never call him "elite" but I will say he can be considered a #1 corner.

I think a better trade would be a straight swap or even the Saints getting an extra pick.. What's the value in moving from 19 up to 10?

To move back from 10 to 19 is about 425pts. (basically a middle 2nd rounder) + our 4th rounder is a pretty steep price to pay. I'm thinking a 3rd rounder at most. I wouldn't mind trading back if one of the big DT's don't fall, because a really good corner will still be there at #19. However for this 1st round trade back to work, we'll need to pickup their fourth rounder...not ours.

I would love to make this trade work...Lito is a solid corner and I would never call him "elite" but I will say he can be considered a #1 corner.

The thought I had on this was this is a pretty deep draft class so I didn't want to relinquish any picks this year. the other thought is there is a lot of competition for this trade. the competition is why I figured in a 4th next year. of course i wouldn't offer up that 4th right away.

I don't think we can give up our 4th next year. I think picks 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds are temporarily tied up because of the Vilma trade.

I think Philly wants to grab a WR and I think they can sit where they are and grab one.

Deangelo Hall went for a 2nd and a 5th... swapping 1s straight up would do the trick... or if we swapped 2s we'd probably still owe them something in 09.

Either way I'd make that trade and put to rest uor hole at CB... then focus on plugging other holes (DT, OLB, TE, S).

pennstater's right, I believe our 4th next year is tied up in the Vilma trade.

I'd love to see us swap picks taking Lido, take Connor at 19, draft a DT in the 2nd, and have at it all year long.....

I don't think we can give up our 4th next year. I think picks 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds are temporarily tied up because of the Vilma trade.

I think Philly wants to grab a WR and I think they can sit where they are and grab one.

No. Next year's 4th is fair game. It's *this* year's 4th and *next* year's 2nd and 3rd tied up in the Vilma trade.

The Jets get our 4th this year for him, no matter what. If he plays well and we re-sign him, we give up either our 2nd or 3rd next year, and the Jets send us *their* 4th round pick to make up for them getting *this* year's 4th rounder.

Our 4th next year is not tied to Vilma.

Our 2nd and 3rd could potentially be.

Lito isn't worth anywhere near a 2nd round pick. You don't give up a 1st round pick for a player trade nowadays unless the player being traded is a QB or a young superstar RB. Mike McKenzie was gotten for a 2nd, and Lito ain't worthy of polishing McKenzie's cleats.

I would not do any trade until our time to pick. I think there will be a lot of movement on the first round. We may be looking to trade up, if New England is not able to move up too (and get Gholston). If we are set at ten, we may be hearing interesting offers to go down by teams needing a running back or offensive tackle.

By the eagles point of view, I would only see them trading up if they want to get an offensive tackle, not a receiver. And for the saints, I don't think they will even consider trading back in the first round, because Sheppard will be looking to renegotiate a contract and the waiting line is getting longer.

Considering the quality of the cornerback class and the current depth, I think the saints would prefer to get a corner in the first two round then to trade for Sheppard. If we can get Lito with a third rounder (and I don't think so), then the saints may be interested in trading.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom