My Quest to Watch the Game (Long) (1 Viewer)

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
We usually have Thanksgiving at my house every year so I figured at least I would be home when the game started. Then my aunt (who is almost 80) called and said she wanted to have it at her house at 12:30. So I figured I would still have time to get home before the game started (She lives 45 mins away). Then the day before Thanksgiving she switched the time to 1:30 which is when I started worrying. I told her that I am pretty sure that her husband (who is a Colts fan) did that on purpose. So I went ahead and set my DVR "just in case".

We had dinner and around 3:30 I said "Well...I better start heading home" (the game starts at 4:15 here). But before I could leave she asked me to help her move something in the garage which I did. Then they wanted to show me their camper where it had been in a wreck and asked me if I could look on the "World Wide Web" to see how much parts were. I then got the VIN, model #, etc. Finally I thought I was out of there but nope. My uncle said he had some nails to give me. Yes...nails. He then took me out to his workshop and gave me 2 jars of nails.

FINALLY around 4:00 I started heading home figuring at worst I would miss the first quarter. My wife then asked if I could stop to get a paper so she could look at all the black Friday sales. No biggy...in and out in a few mins. Uh....no. We stopped at 5 different places before I finally found a paper in stock at Walgreens. I snatched it up and hurried to the counter. But to my chagrin there was a line of people trailing back to the Pharmacy. But my quick eye and cat-like reflexes spotted a 2nd register where it looked like a manager was giving a refund. I asked if he was open and he said "not yet" (whatever that meant - I'm pretty sure he was a Colts fan too). So, irritated, I got back in the long line. About that time 2 other guys walked up to the same manager's register to ask if he was open. This time he said "Sure I can ring you up" (at this point I am sure the anti-Saints gods are laughing at me and that this jerk is definitely Falcons fan). Although I am a little miffed I get back in his line. I finally get up to him and I toss the paper down and whip out my $2 (if I could remember if they charged tax no papers I would've just threw the money down and ran out of the store). But Mr. Curious slowly picks up the paper, holds it up in the air and reads the headline out loud. Then casually says "Hmmm...I wonder what that is all about?" He then starts reading a couple of lines while my jaw just drops. I cut him off (trying to mask my impatience and irritation) and say "Uh...how much is it?" He says nothing by proceeds to ring it up. "That will be $2" (DOH! I knew it...no tax!!!) I practically run back to the car thinking I have now missed the first half and will of course have to avoid all phone calls and texts until I got caught up to real-time.

I speed home with my wife constantly telling me to slow down. I run in the door turn on the TV and start watching the game. I speed through commercials while my phone is going off nonstop (does that mean something good is happening like a blowout? or does that mean something bad is happening like a Cowboys upset?) I finally get caught up real-time which was about 3 minutes into the 4th quarter. At that point my Fox Directv feed starts going in and out. About every 3 or 4 mins it would freeze up for about a minute, go pixelated and black, and then come back about 2 mins later. I checked the other TVs and they were all doing the same thing so I knew it was the feed. At one point I saw Brees throw a pass to Graham...and then it all went black. When it came back I saw that the Cowboys had the ball. WTH!?!? Between the disastrous 2nd half and the Directv feed, I start sounding like the kid's old man in Christmas Story. "Frickin' frackin'....#*$&*@!"

FINALLY about the last 2 mins of the game the picture fixed itself and I was able to watch the Saints pull out a close one against the hated Cowboys. It was stressful as hell and I think I lost a few years of my life that day but the end result was a Saints win so it was all worth it!

Family is one thing but unless someone is hurt or dying the Saints game is my first priority. Maybe thats why I am on my third marriage..:idunno:

Family is one thing but unless someone is hurt or dying the Saints game is my first priority. Maybe thats why I am on my third marriage..:idunno:

lol. Before I got married the Saints always came first. But now that have a great wife and 2 fantastic kids, they will always come first. Thankfully they usually compromise because they know how important it is :)

lol. Before I got married the Saints always came first. But now that have a great wife and 2 fantastic kids, they will always come first. Thankfully they usually compromise because they know how important it is :)

My kids are grown and this wife totally understands about me and the Saints. By the way I have been married to this one longer than the first two put together. She says she will not divorce me she will just blind me and burst my eardrums so that watching or listening to the game is an impossibility.

My kids are grown and this wife totally understands about me and the Saints. By the way I have been married to this one longer than the first two put together. She says she will not divorce me she will just blind me and burst my eardrums so that watching or listening to the game is an impossibility.

Ha Ha...awesome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom