My reasons and plan to never give another dime to the NFL (1 Viewer)

SaintJKA

WhoDat from the Womb!
Reaction score
I think it has finally come time, at least for me, to never give another dime to the NFL. Here are my reasons and my plan to support Mr. Benson and the Saints without lining the pockets of the NFL.

For :

1. making an "example" of the New Orleans Saints in what became known as "Bounty-Gate" through false accusations, withholding of "evidence", humiliation and slander of players, etc.,
2. ruining the New Orleans Saints' and their fans' 2012 season (and chance to play in the SuperBowl at home) as a result,
3. heavy-handed intimidation of the little-guy (i.e. threats of lawsuits against those using the WhoDat slogan, against the guy who trademarked "Harbowl", etc.)
4. refusing to return our 2nd round draft pick after dangling it as a carrot before our eyes.

I plan to avoid at all costs contributing another dime to the coffers of the NFL by :

1. always purchasing knock-off jerseys even if they come from China,
2. always watching the games on the internet,
3. only purchasing "Saints" gear and items as made by local craftsmen.

The only question I have left is how much of each game ticket goes to the NFL? I can't see myself saying that I won't attend the games, so I'd at least like to know how much of the ticket goes to the NFL itself.

I'm not a rich man, and my little "boycott" won't hurt the NFL, but I'll sleep better at night knowing I'm not giving them a red cent of my hard-earned cash.

Edit to add: And I'd like your suggestions on how I can do this while still supporting Mr. Benson.

I think it has finally come time, at least for me, to never give another dime to the NFL. Here are my reasons and my plan to support Mr. Benson and the Saints without lining the pockets of the NFL.

For :

1. making an "example" of the New Orleans Saints in what became known as "Bounty-Gate" through false accusations, withholding of "evidence", humiliation and slander of players, etc.,
2. ruining the New Orleans Saints' and their fans' 2012 season (and chance to play in the SuperBowl at home) as a result,
3. heavy-handed intimidation of the little-guy (i.e. threats of lawsuits against those using the WhoDat slogan, against the guy who trademarked "Harbowl", etc.)
4. refusing to return our 2nd round draft pick after dangling it as a carrot before our eyes.

I plan to avoid at all costs contributing another dime to the coffers of the NFL by :

The only question I have left is how much of each game ticket goes to the NFL? I can't see myself saying that I won't attend the games, so I'd at least like to know how much of the ticket goes to the NFL itself.

I'm not a rich man, and my little "boycott" won't hurt the NFL, but I'll sleep better at night knowing I'm not giving them a red cent of my hard-earned cash.

Edit to add: And I'd like your suggestions on how I can do this while still supporting Mr. Benson.

+1

I have also spent some time thinking of how to cut back on what I spend, I spend many thousands a year, and have been thinking of ways to cut back for those very reasons.

Watching games on the internet is cutting off your nose to spite your face. Why? Because you are already paying the NFL their cut, if you have cable TV and pay the bill.

I pay Comcast as the provider of my TV feed. Every Comcast package provides NBC, CBS, Fox, and ABC/ESPN as basic channels. All these TV networks get some of their revenue from Comcast and their paying customers. From that revenue (plus ad revenue) they in turn pay billions to the NFL for their TV packages. The NFL is getting paid a set amount by the networks via their recent contract negotiations, so it doesn't matter to the NFL if you or I turn our TVs off or not.

It doesn't even matter to the networks or Comcast either, as long as you pay the cable bill.

I cancelled my NFL Sunday Ticket sub as soon as the bull crap "punishments" were announced. I only had it to watch non-Saints games so I guess I'm still supporting by watching the games on Fox but I DVR them so I can forward through the commercials.I also cancelled my XM sub because I only had it for nfl channel and for the most part they towed the NFL line about "Bungle Gate," which became too much for me to take.

I honestly dislike everything about the NFL now, the only real motive I have in watching is in the hopes the Saints will stick it to the rest of the league and SP can give RG the ole middle finger when hoisting the Lombardi! :)

Its tough. I stopped watching after the first Panthers game last year. I love the franchise but cannot support the NFL. At the very least you should avoid all NFL products, NFL Network, and NFL.com. Thats a respectable boycott for the weaker willed.

I would add, find out what companies are sponsoring the games (besides the major ones we all know) and boycott them and let them know it. I once sent each company a partially used product saying they could have back the last one I would ever buy because they supported something I was against.

I still enjoy the NFL without paying a dime. My brothers friend sometimes can't attend a home Saints game so I go instead, I pay nothing. I own a Colston Jersey except I didn't buy it, my brother gained a bunch of weight while I lost a bunch of weight so I fit the Jersey, he doesn't.

Life is good, haha.

For :

Support the Pelicans if you want to support Benson. Basketball is actually pretty entertaining if you never been to a game.

For :

So you are going to purchase illegal goods, which does nothing but hurt our economy and supports criminals, to wage some moral war on the NFL?

Good luck with that--I hope you sleep well knowing you are supporting Chinese criminals.

Buying fake designer goods isn

Get a grip.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaah

Can someone que the pic of the snotty crying baby?

It's over. Enjoy yourself.

For :

Do you like Basketball my friend. I hear your team down there has a new owner.

Support the Pelicans if you want to support Benson. Basketball is actually pretty entertaining if you never been to a game.

Yeah, this one is a given. Although Pelicans was not my first choice, I will support them as much as I can. And the games in the arena truly are a wonderful experience.

I guess I meant more how to support Benson and the Saints, and the city of New Orleans.

Can someone que the pic of the snotty crying baby?

It's over. Enjoy yourself.

With all due respect, it's not that I am still crying over what happened. I just don't want to see it happen again.

If the NFL is allowed to do what they do with impunity, they will continue and it will continue to get worse.

But we're a small market. Surely these kinds of things wouldn't happen to the Giants or the Jets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom