My Round 1 Mock Draft w/ Trades + Saints picks (1 Viewer)

bornnraisedwhodat

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: This is not how I specifically want the draft to go, but just a hypothetical scenario of how I can see things falling on draft day judging from what I've read and team's past histories.

1 Kansas City : Eric Fisher
2 Jacksonville : Shariff Floyd
3 Oakland : Dion Jordan
4 Philadelphia : Luke Joekel
5 Detroit : Ziggy Ansah
6 Cleveland : Dee Milliner
7 Arizona : Lane Johnson
8 Buffalo : Chance Warmack
9 N.Y. Jets : Barkevious Mingo
10 Tennessee : Jonathan Cooper
11 San Diego : Jarvis Jones
12 Miami : Xavier Rhodes
13 Jets : Geno Smith (Revis trade)
14 Carolina : Sheldon Richardson
15 Minnesota : Tavon Austin (trade with Saints)
16 St. Louis : Corradelle Patterson
17 Pittsburgh : Datone Jones
18 Dallas : Jesse Williams
19 N.Y. Giants : Bjoern Werner
20 Chicago : Kevin Minter
21 Cincinnati : Alec Ogletree
22 St. Louis : D.J. Fluker
23 Saints : Kenny Vaccaro (trade with Minn)
24 Indianapolis : Alex Okafor
25 Minnesota : Manti Te'o
26 Green Bay : DJ Hayden
27 Houston : DeAndre Hopkins
28 Denver : Johnthan Cyprien
29 New England : Keenan Allen
30 Atlanta : Desmond Trufant
31 San Francisco : Damontre Moore
32 Buffalo : Ryan Nassib (trade with Bal)

A few notes.
  • Saints pick up a 2nd rounder with the trade with Minnesota and even sqeeze them out of a 7th. Once the pass rushers, DT's, top CB's, and OT's were gone we decided to move back. Minnesota wanted to jump the Rams for Tavon and they want him bad.
  • Cheifs went with Fisher since he is athletic enough to play RT in a pinch also.
  • Jets execute Revis trade in the coming days. They pick up their QB of the future.
  • I know the Saints pick isnt the sexiest, but isnt that our M.O.? Do we ever make the sexy picks? But we get a good player who will help our defense and allow us to move on from Harper.
Rest of the Draft:

RD2: Jamie Collins
RD3: Chris Faulk
RD4: Gerald Hodges
RD5: Sanders Commings
RD6: Brandon Mcgee
RD7: Ace Sanders

I usually dislike mock drafts. But honestly......even though i'm not a huge fan of the Saints picking Vaccaro(even though I do like him , just as a personal preference I like Cyprien more) , I find this to be one of the better mock drafts i've seen. Kudos

I just don't understand what makes Vaccaro better than Malcolm jenkins.

Why not Armstead? Do you not think that Payton would choose a LT over a safety or do you consider Vaccarro to be just that much better of a player?

I usually dislike mock drafts. But honestly......even though i'm not a huge fan of the Saints picking Vaccaro(even though I do like him , just as a personal preference I like Cyprien more) , I find this to be one of the better mock drafts i've seen. Kudos

Thanks. I actually prefer Cyprien also. But I can see what Rob Ryan would probably like about Vaccaro. He'll provide versatility to our safety group. He is not just an in the box safety. He could play deep, he can cover slot WR's (got watch him vs W.Virginia where he constantly is manned up on Tavon Austin), he can hit, decent ball skills.

The way Ryan likes to mix things up on defense Vacarro/Jenkins would actually be a solid group to have.

I just don't understand what makes Vaccaro better than Malcolm jenkins.

Why not Armstead? Do you not think that Payton would choose a LT over a safety or do you consider Vaccarro to be just that much better of a player?

Vaccaro is a better safety than Jenkins IMO. Takes better angles, a little more explosive. Im not a crazy Vaccaro fan either, but I do think he is better than our current crop, and he is much better than Harper at this point.

Not a fan of Armstead, at all. He'd be a super reach in the 1st round IMO.

Vaccaro is a better safety than Jenkins IMO. Takes better angles, a little more explosive. Im not a crazy Vaccaro fan either, but I do think he is better than our current crop, and he is much better than Harper at this point.

Not a fan of Armstead, at all. He'd be a super reach in the 1st round IMO.

Thanks, just wanted a bit of the thought process on why many here are want Vaccaro when Jenkins is criticized so much here for having poor ball skills. Vaccaro only has 5 career INTs himself.

I can understand about Armstead but I also would not be surprised to see him go in round one because of his agility.

Thanks, just wanted a bit of the thought process on why many here are want Vaccaro when Jenkins is criticized so much here for having poor ball skills. Vaccaro only has 5 career INTs himself.

I can understand about Armstead but I also would not be surprised to see go in round one because of his agility.

Oh dont get me wrong, I do expect Armstead to get overdrafted. We see it time and time again athletic linemen get overdrafted. Im just not a big fan of his, I could very well be wrong about him though. Of all the positions, my weakest as far as evaluating is tackles. So many little nuances that OL coaches can fix.

And good point about Vaccaro's INT's.

Reading up on Rob Ryan, I read that he likes to do a lot of 2 deep safety looks. That would be trouble with Harper as he will be consistently targeted deep, especially if P.Rob is in coverage. A guy like Vaccarro would provide that flexibility.

bornnraisedwhodat said:
DISCLAIMER: This is not how I specifically want the draft to go, but just a hypothetical scenario of how I can see things falling on draft day judging from what I've read and team's past histories.

1 Kansas City : Eric Fisher
2 Jacksonville : Shariff Floyd
3 Oakland : Dion Jordan
4 Philadelphia : Luke Joekel
5 Detroit : Ziggy Ansah
6 Cleveland : Dee Milliner
7 Arizona : Lane Johnson
8 Buffalo : Chance Warmack
9 N.Y. Jets : Barkevious Mingo
10 Tennessee : Jonathan Cooper
11 San Diego : Jarvis Jones
12 Miami : Xavier Rhodes
13 Jets : Geno Smith (Revis trade)
14 Carolina : Sheldon Richardson
15 Minnesota : Tavon Austin (trade with Saints)
16 St. Louis : Corradelle Patterson
17 Pittsburgh : Datone Jones
18 Dallas : Jesse Williams
19 N.Y. Giants : Bjoern Werner
20 Chicago : Kevin Minter
21 Cincinnati : Alec Ogletree
22 St. Louis : D.J. Fluker
23 Saints : Kenny Vaccaro (trade with Minn)
24 Indianapolis : Alex Okafor
25 Minnesota : Manti Te'o
26 Green Bay : DJ Hayden
27 Houston : DeAndre Hopkins
28 Denver : Johnthan Cyprien
29 New England : Keenan Allen
30 Atlanta : Desmond Trufant
31 San Francisco : Damontre Moore
32 Buffalo : Ryan Nassib (trade with Bal)

A few notes. Saints pick up a 2nd rounder with the trade with Minnesota and even sqeeze them out of a 7th. Once the pass rushers, DT's, top CB's, and OT's were gone we decided to move back. Minnesota wanted to jump the Rams for Tavon and they want him bad.Cheifs went with Fisher since he is athletic enough to play RT in a pinch also.Jets execute Revis trade in the coming days. They pick up their QB of the future.I know the Saints pick isnt the sexiest, but isnt that our M.O.? Do we ever make the sexy picks? But we get a good player who will help our defense and allow us to move on from Harper. Rest of the Draft:

RD2: Jamie Collins
RD3: Chris Faulk
RD4: Gerald Hodges
RD5: Sanders Commings
RD6: Brandon Mcgee
RD7: Ace Sanders

Are you looking at Cummings as a safety?

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

Reading up on Rob Ryan, I read that he likes to do a lot of 2 deep safety looks. That would be trouble with Harper as he will be consistently targeted deep, especially if P.Rob is in coverage. A guy like Vaccarro would provide that flexibility.

Which is why I would probably reach for Baccari Rambo instead.:hihi:

vaccaro won't make it past dallas......just swap the dallas pick with the saints pick and you will have a realistic mock draft....i think the minney trade will happen

vaccaro won't make it past dallas......just swap the dallas pick with the saints pick and you will have a realistic mock draft....i think the minney trade will happen

You def could be right about that.

Sent from phone via Tapatalk

Not bad... Couple things...

1.) Where is Star L.? Did he drop outta the 1st? Because if we trade down and he's still on the board I'm gonna have a cow if we don't take him at 15 or 23...

2.) Don't think Ace is gonna make it outta the 4th or 5th round. JMO there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom