My Saints Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

Colt45

Reaction score
Round 1: Jerry Hughes DE, TCU
Round 2: Cam Thomas DT, UNC
Round 3: A.J. Edds SLB, UI
Round 4: Jimmy Graham TE, The U
Round 6: LeGarrette Blount RB, Oregon
Round 7: Sean Payton Special, no name small school beast.

This would be my Dream draft. The first three picks shore up our defense (potential elite pass rusher, run-stuffing DT, and a big strong workman like SLB), and we get very good quality depth at TE and RB. I considered us taking a CB in one of the later rounds, but CB is just one of those things you can't pick late, you gotta pick 'em high. I could see us picking up a center or tackle in the 7th. There's a very good chance all of these picks are already gone by the time we pick.

Great draft, btw.

Graham would be a steal in the 4th.

Blount has the ability to be great in the NFL if he gets his head on straight. That's a big IF.

Is he worth the risk late in the 6th? No question, you have to pull the trigger on that one and hope you struck gold.

I would give the Saints a grade of A if that draft happened.

I don't want Blount. He proved he's a thug after punching the Boise player

I'm aware of this, however he does have excellent physical measurables (6"1 241 lbs) to be a BRUISER at RB.

If anyone can set a player straight and instill discipline its Sean Payton. With us Blount would mature very quickly.

Not too bad Colt. I love the idea of getting Jerry Hughes in the 1st, but I am convinced by all the noise that has been made about him that it isn't going to happen. He would be my second target after Weatherspoon, but neither one is going to be there in my opinion. But you certainly are right about him being a guy who could become an elite pass rusher in the league.

My opinion on Cam Thomas has improved over the past couple of weeks. Two of the initial reports I read on him questioned his "motor," but I think NFLDraftScout made a pretty good case that the North Carolina Defense was that kind of passive, "read and react" type which made Thomas's job one of containment rather than aggressive attack. But I must say that still tells me that he is not going to be a Gregg Williams type of player.

A.J. Edds is a good one, but I am pretty sure he would be there in the 4th for us. I wouldn't mind having him on my team.

Still, a good job on your part I think Colt. I could definitely live with this draft and you certainly have addressed our needs.

Based on history and need, we will draft offensive line at some point in the draft. Probably a lot earlier than what most people think, which is sure to make a lot of fans angry.

tidesaint.......great draft.....payton and loomis could work their magic on 6 and 7....only possible problem could be at fs if sharper leaves.

I would flip if this is what we draft for the pure fact that we get Graham in the 4th. I think he will end up being the best TE in the class(between him and Grokowski). I also like all those other guys too Hughes, Edds, Thomas, and Blount.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom