My Saints-Only Mock Draft version 1.0 (includes two trades and final roster) (2 Viewers)

St. Geezy

⚜️
Reaction score
* Trade pick 1 (10) to Detroit for 1 (15), 3 (87), & 4 (107)

* Trade pick 2 (40) and 3 (87) to NYG for TE Jeremy Shockey

jeremy_shockey_c.jpg

-Where there is smoke there is usually fire. The Saints want Shockey badly and one of their primary motives for their trade down in round 1 was to get extra ammo for this deal & still have a decent set of picks left over. This deal will get done IMO.

1 (15) -> LB Keith Rivers, USC

Rivers.jpg

-Dynamic linebacker solidifies Saints' linebacker corp. I am having doubts that we will use pick 10. Detroit sends us a couple of mid-rounders so that they can select Mendenhall. I am a HUGE DRC fan but I don't think he will be available by the time we pick. Rivers comes in and competes immediately for a starting job at WLB. Will supplant Morgan at some point this season.

3 (78) -> CB Terrence Wheatley, Colorado

20070726__CU_CSU~p1_200.jpg

-Ran a 4.3 40 and had 14 career interceptions at Colorado. Very underrated prospect that will make the team that drafts him very happy.

4 (107) -> DE/DT Kendall Langford, Hampton

durant_wssu.jpg

-Can play both DE and DT and will provide versatility and depth up front. I really like this prospect and think he will be a steal for someone. 6-5 297 and runs a 4.96 40. He was a sack machine at the FCS level.

5 (138) -> S/CB Jonathan Hefney, Tennessee

79503.jpg

- Another one of my favorite prospects. Another tweener that will provide flexibility and stellar special teams play. Runs a 4.3 40 and at 5-8 180 pounds is sort of a poor man's Bob Sanders

6 (169) -> QB/WR Cleve McCoy, South Carolina State (practice squad)

7 (200) -> DT Jason Shirley, Fresno State (practice squad)

Projected Final Roster

QB Drew Brees/Mark Brunell

RB Deuce McAllister/Reggie Bush/Pierre Thomas/Aaron Stecker
FB Mike Karney

WR Marques Colston/Robert Meachem/Devery Henderson
WR David Patten/Terrance Copper
TE Jeremy Shockey/Billy Miller/Eric Johnson

LT Jamaal Brown/Zach Strief
LG Jamar Nesbit/Andy Alleman
OC Jonathan Goodwin/Matt Lehr
RG Jahri Evans
RT Jon Stinchcomb/Jermond Bushrod

LE Will Smith/Bobby McCray
DT Brian Young/Antwan Lake/Orien Harris
DT Hollis Thomas/Kendrick Clancy
DE Charles Grant/Kendall Langford

LB Keith Rivers/Dan Morgan
LB Jonathan Vilma/Mark Simenoux
LB Scott Fujita/Troy Evans

CB Mike McKenzie/Terrence Wheatley/Usama Young
CB Randall Gay/Jason Craft/Jason David

FS Josh Bullocks/Kevin Kaesviharn/Jonathan Hefney
SS Roman Harper/Chris Reis

PK Martin Gramatica
P Steve Weatherford
LS Kevin Houser

KR Reggie Bush

PR Reggie Bush

Last edited:
No Lance Moore?

Moore is terrible and disappears in games too often. He is your classic preseason MVP guy. Great against scrubs, below average against the regulars. I don't see him making the roster this year. I think we keep just 5 WRs and Reggie Bush sees significant PT at receiver.

Well, I know it took guts to post that!

The first two lines:

" *Trade pick 1 (10) to Detroit for 1 (15), 3 (87), & 4 (107)

* Trade pick 2 (40) and 3 (87) to NYG for TE Jeremy Shockey"

is as brave as it gets. (first idea ok, second idea no) Looks like you spent some time with it, but where in the world did you come up with that?

ddd

Well, I know it took guts to post that!

The first two lines:

" *Trade pick 1 (10) to Detroit for 1 (15), 3 (87), & 4 (107)

* Trade pick 2 (40) and 3 (87) to NYG for TE Jeremy Shockey"

is as brave as it gets. (first idea ok, second idea no) Looks like you spent some time with it, but where in the world did you come up with that?

ddd

I just think the team is being linked to Shockey far too much for their not to be something in the works. There is strong evidence of dialougue going on between the teams. Plus, I don't think there are enough roster spots for the number of draft picks we would accumulate with the Detroit trade.

Shockey would catapult this offense into Patriots' status IMO. He is not only a great receiving tight end but also one of the top blocking tight ends in the game which would help the running game out tremendously. It will also open up things up a TON for a guy like Reggie Bush.

Why would Detroit want to move up? Mendenhall?

Why would Detroit want to move up? Mendenhall?

Yes...That is exactly my thought there. I can't see them going into the year with Tatum Bell and Aveion Cason as their top 2 RBs.

i like it, but i'm wondering if LSU's steltz will be there in the 5th... he impresses me as (yet another) "mere" football player on the tiger squad

i like it, but i'm wondering if LSU's steltz will be there in the 5th... he impresses me as (yet another) "mere" football player on the tiger squad

I like Steltz but I think we already have a player with a smilar skill set on the team in Chris Reis.

No way we are trading our 2nd AND 3rd for Shockey. They offered us Shockey for our 2nd and Harper. We declined. So I get the feeling we will be getting Shockey for a 2nd straight up, as a draft day trade.

I would rather a LB in the 2nd, and the improvement at DT is just not significant enough. This draft is risky IMO.

Shockley in a saints uniform is the second worst idea i've heard this off season. giving up a second to get him is the first.

and no Dre Moore in the second. big mistake passing on this guy, last time i felt this way we passed on Marcus Mccauley and look at our secondary now.

We're not gonna give a 2nd for Shockey. Heck, the way his name has been tossed around in trade talks with the Saints, wanna bet he picks a fight with Eli and starts pouting and sulking.

The Giants can't have him fighting with Eli, so they either give him away or cut him. The last thing they want from Shockey right now is to destroy team morale.

We're not gonna give a 2nd for Shockey. Heck, the way his name has been tossed around in trade talks with the Saints, wanna bet he picks a fight with Eli and starts pouting and sulking.

The Giants can't have him fighting with Eli, so they either give him away or cut him. The last thing they want from Shockey right now is to destroy team morale.

I don't think the Giants are very eager to move Shockey. Its gonna take an offer they can't refuse to get him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom