My Saints re-draft if I was picking (1 Viewer)

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Reaction score
If we had kept all our picks I would of done this with the draft:

1. Patrick Queen LB LSU - I rather get Queen than Baun or Ruiz. Starting MIKE this year. Then I may pick up Divinity to play some SAM if he goes undrafted.

3. Adam Trautman TE Dayton - I think he is gonna be a beast for us, so I would stand pat and take him instead of trading 4 picks lol

4.Bryce Hall CB Virginia- if not for injury concerns he would of went higher than the 5th. Get PJ some competition for that 3rd corner spot. I probably would of tried trading next years 3rd to move up to get Reggie Robinson II or Troy Pride Jr who went earlier in this round

5. Quez Watkins WR Souther Miss - get some speed to battle Tre’Quan for that 3rd WR spot. Having him, Taysom, Sanders, and Harris running routes out there would challenge the Chiefs for the fastest WR core. James Proche would of been good too

6. Prince Wanagho Tega OT Auburn - hopefully he could play either T or G at 6’5” 308 and ran a fast 4.83 40 for someone that big. Almost took QB Anthony Gordon, but the value was too good on royalty with the Prince 😂

The Eagles got both my last picks 😂

Last edited:
If someone would have told me that with this being the deepest WR class in years, the Saints wouldn’t pick any of them......Id say sounds about right😂

If we had kept all our picks I would of done this with the draft:

1. Patrick Queen LB LSU - I rather get Queen than Baun or Ruiz. Stating MIKE this year. Then I may pick up Divinity to play some SAM if he goes undrafted.

3. Adam Trautman TE Dayton - I think he is gonna be a beast for us, so I would stand pat and take him instead of trading 4 picks lol

4.Bryce Hall CB Virginia- if not for injury concerns he would of went higher than the 5th. Get PJ some competition for that 3rd corner spot. I probably would of tried trading next years 3rd to move up to get Reggie Robinson II or Troy Pride Jr who went earlier in this round

5. Quez Watkins WR Souther Miss - get some speed to battle Tre’Quan for that 3rd WR spot. Having him, Taysom, Sanders, and Harris running routes out there would challenge the Chiefs for the fastest WR core. James Proche would of been good too

6. Prince Wanagho Tega OT Auburn - hopefully he could play either T or G at 6’5” 308 and ran a fast 4.83 40 for someone that big. Almost took QB Anthony Gordon, but the value was too good on royalty with the Prince 😂
For discussion purposes, I'll say that Baun and Queen cancel each other out - an edge to Queen on quality. That would mean we'd have Hall, Watkins and Tega instead of Ruiz. We'd also have kept our 2021 third rounder. Interesting take and done obviously with the benefit of hindsight, but a fun exercise. Thanks.

Really don’t understand the Queen love. His instincts are great but he misses so many tackles. I remember reading somewhere that he has the lowest solo tackle % of the LB’s in the draft.

I would also add that you didn’t address the interior OL until the 6th round. Rewatch the Vikings playoff game, we can’t beat anyone if Drew Brees gets constant pressure up the middle. Ruiz solves that problem for years to come.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom