My shopping list for free agency (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Since there is not a lot of money to spend, this year it is all about value and depth at several positions. I think it will be a success if we can retain the players we want and sign a couple of these free agents. I am focusing on players that are around 26-27 years old and in some cases, haven't had the opportunity to fully show their skills by being backups of well stablished players.

First, I concentrate on tight ends and safeties, normally the positions that come cheaper.

I like for the saints to follow TE Anthony Fasano and Safeties Louis Delmas, Kenny Phillips, Stevie Brown, Chris Clemmons and/or Pat Chung.

If we have extra money for linebackers, Victor Butler (cowboys) and Rob Jackson (redskins), and defensive tackles Sammy Lee Hill and Alan Branch.

Finally, since their drafts I liked corners Sean Smith and Dominique Rogers-Cromartie, but I think they will sign for more then we can afford.

I think we sign at least one high level to mid tier FA. I just have a gut feeling we land someone that no one thought we would actually sign.

Rob Jackson agreed to terms with Redskins.

I think we should sign James Casey to be the new and improved David Thomas.

Rob Jackson agreed to terms with Redskins.

Exactly the kind of player we need. He did a great job replacing Orakpo. Oh well, next!

Good list. I just think smith is gonna sign a hefty deal. I'd like to think Harrison would come at a decent price at this stage of his career. I'd love a safety, but I think the front seven needs attention before the secondary. I understand the secondary is bad, but I think it improves with improved pass rush.

I'd love a safety, but I think the front seven needs attention before the secondary. I understand the secondary is bad, but I think it improves with improved pass rush.

The thing is that we will need to attack some needs on free agency and some during the draft. This year is not realistic to think that we will fill all the holes in free agency and look for the best player available in the draft.

That is why I am concentrating on safety at free agency. To be honest, it will come cheaper then to grab a lineman or linebacker. These two positions then, can be looked at the draft then.

At the end, it all depends on what is going to happen with Bushrod. He is the key of this offseason, for good or bad.

The thing is that we will need to attack some needs on free agency and some during the draft. This year is not realistic to think that we will fill all the holes in free agency and look for the best player available in the draft.

That is why I am concentrating on safety at free agency. To be honest, it will come cheaper then to grab a lineman or linebacker. These two positions then, can be looked at the draft then.

At the end, it all depends on what is going to happen with Bushrod. He is the key of this offseason, for good or bad.

Agreed on bushrod. But for him to happen, we need to make some cuts. Not restructures. But the saints may feel we have his replacement on the roster. I think we agree on the process, just disagree on the order lol

@incarceratedbob: *NEW* #NFL info into #IBN Redskins make calls to Greg Jennings & Steve Breaston's agents today + Calvin Pace called by Bills/Raiders/Saints

patrick chung would be an awesome SS, please no calvin pace, he's terrible...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom