My take ! (1 Viewer)

boxerharley

Very Banned
Reaction score
Ok so we got spanked at home by the Ravens... We needed it. I have always thought any team or person that is a true fighter, must take a beat down in order to find ways to avoid it from happening again.

Im so proud of our guys for this year so far ( esp. the Monday night win that had me crying like it was my first born's birth ) I wont be disapointed if we dont make the playoffs...This year..(But I think we will) There has to be a period of gelln like a fellon to become solid, but man has this team put some excitement and hope in all of our lifes.

If you are against or support Reggie, that is your decision, I for one believe he is a Major contributor to our success so far. Even if its a decoy, or a swing pass. Teams have Reggie on thier mind.

Brees.. Wow..what a difference a leader makes! This guy has drive.. he has made great decisions for the most part, that I dont think AB was capable of. I kept waiting for AB to play at the same level Brees has for years, and its refreshing to see Brees perform like he has.

Def. Well they still need a few tweaks, but I was really worried. Now it seems they have some heart, and after a few more FA pickups and moves in the offseason, we should have a solid group next year.

O Line... I dont think anyone gave these guys credit heading into preseason, I eat serious crow for those boys, I see a few upgrades by next year and an even better line next year.

The fans... You have all been freakn awesome! the support has been overwhelming. Before this season, I was against the "Bandwagoner", but they have played a huge role in showing support, so I eat crow on that issue also.

The Saints as a whole have impressed the heck outta me,win or lose !! I see us making the playoffs this year..Barely..But next year I think we walk through our division and represent in the NFC Championship. Superbowl? Dont know but it sure feels like it.

Saints report... Simply the best site on the web.

And that my friends, is my take on boys!!!!!

I agree, we needed that butt woopen so we know we still have work to do and will work harder to prevent that from happening again, I think it really was needed for coach payton cause like players, coaches can get big heads to (see brian billich) and dispite what people think, this is a passing team, and bush is one of the key pieces because he is a runningback who can play reciever. When it all comes together Bush will be the game breaker runner and Duece will be the player that can close the game out in the 4th, and lets just say we trade duece or duece gets hurt again, thought replacing duece is next to impossible getting a runner who can get tough yards wont be, to me this is just like the eagles offense with Brian Westbrook being Reggie and Buckhalter being Duece, both teams can win by passing more than running and both can lose by not running enough (60-40 ratio) I like this team, i LOVE the game plans but I also know that were a couple players away from people outside of the organization and saintsreport.com to see our vision, so i dont get when Brees throws for 350yrd and duece has 12 carries for 60yrds, because he was probably a break tackle away or a miss block away from being a 12 carry 102yrd day, Payton is an inovative play caller and play designer and everyplay he calls is intended to get big yards which is why brees can throw for 380yrd and duece can have a 15 carry 120yrd game....i know i'm kinda just running on a tangent but i really do like this coach and these players but realize that were a couple players away from this offense to click the way its supposed to click...people forget this is his (paytons) first year were not supposed to be 5-2 were supposed to be struggling but we got spoiled so when we lose we forget and start pointing fingers he a rookie coach he is gonna make bad calls and bad decisions.

"Payton is an inovative play caller and play designer and everyplay he calls is intended to get big yards which is why brees can throw for 380yrd and duece can have a 15 carry 120yrd game"

I think his play calling has been the biggest part of the success. I think if Haz had the same players, there is no way we are 5-2 right now. Duece would have probably came up gimp by now, and he would have had NOOO idea how to use Reggie....

"Payton is an inovative play caller and play designer and everyplay he calls is intended to get big yards which is why brees can throw for 380yrd and duece can have a 15 carry 120yrd game"

I think his play calling has been the biggest part of the success. I think if Haz had the same players, there is no way we are 5-2 right now. Duece would have probably came up gimp by now, and he would have had NOOO idea how to use Reggie....

Playcalling is pretty good.

I think he got a little too cute on the half back pass and he does seem to struggle too much in the Red Zone.

Thing I'm most worried about is Deuce's health.

I think he might be hurting more than he lets on. Basically he says he can't cut right now. Is it more a hammy or more knee pain, or some combo.

That's a big blow. A near healthy Deuce is what was allowing us to exploit Bush's presence on the filed.

If Deuce is hobbled the rest of the way I'm not sure we'll even go .500 through remaining games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom