My theory on the roster (signings) delay (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
1st cut RayRay Armstrong this cut leaves us thin at LB with only, but facing an offense that runs the spread and the injuries to Apple and Robinson, and Armstrong being a liability in coverage he wouldn't see any playing time anyway.

Why the delay? I believe that neither Apple or Robinson's injuries appear to be that serious, and that the coaching staff are waiting to evaluate both players and determne if one or both are good to this week before bringing in a free agent.

2nd cut Zac Zenner first and foremost this indicates that Kamara is good to go for Sunday's game. So Zenner is for the moment not needed.

Why the delay? I would bet that a trade is in the works and most likely for a WR given our lack of quality depth behind Thomas and Ginn. If this happens then "lil" Jordan goes back to the practice squad, allowing the team to bring Armstrong, Anthony, Zenner or another DB in if needed.

That's my take anyway.

Since Sanders is gone would it be for AJ Green or someone else? I haven't really followed on who else in on the trading block WR wise.

I hope you're sitting down. I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but...the Cardinals signed Zenner today. The dream of Zenner's return is gone, my friend. Gone.

1st cut RayRay Armstrong this cut leaves us thin at LB with only, but facing an offense that runs the spread and the injuries to Apple and Robinson, and Armstrong being a liability in coverage he wouldn't see any playing time anyway.

Why the delay? I believe that neither Apple or Robinson's injuries appear to be that serious, and that the coaching staff are waiting to evaluate both players and determne if one or both are good to this week before bringing in a free agent.

2nd cut Zac Zenner first and foremost this indicates that Kamara is good to go for Sunday's game. So Zenner is for the moment not needed.

Why the delay? I would bet that a trade is in the works and most likely for a WR given our lack of quality depth behind Thomas and Ginn. If this happens then "lil" Jordan goes back to the practice squad, allowing the team to bring Armstrong, Anthony, Zenner or another DB in if needed.

That's my take anyway.

Lightning fast Robby Anderson would be so awesome here. Great combination with CGM. Don’t see it happening due to him being young and perfect for Darnold to grow with, but dang I wish. I love the idea of signing young talented guys that haven’t been given the opportunity to shine due to being on a bad team.

Last edited:
Could it be that some of these other team Practice squad to 53 man roster may be us trying to sign someone from their PS that they want to keep? I've noticed a couple of these with positions we are supposedly interested in and wondered.

I hope you are on the part with Eli Apple's injury being not that serious.

Everything else is just "wait and see" I suppose.

Even with Zenner's signing with this week's opponent, the framework of that scenario makes sense and is in line with all the other conjecture here the past several days.

Green, Parker or Anderson.....which contract makes the most sense to take on.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom