My thoughts on Jameis Winston signing. (1 Viewer)

Is there a reason everyone here must state that they dislike Jameis?
They have to because they believe it’s true and their opinion should be fact and everyone has to feel the same way. The old Star Wars, you’re either with me or against me attitude.

People can hate the person but can't hate the situation.

Just thinking about game time. We know how hard is for opposite teams to prepare against Drew, and how it made just harder when we get packages for Taysom.

I would not be surprised if at the second quarter of the first game, Sean Payton surprises everyone and give a drive to Jameis. He enters the field, give a ball to Alvin on first down, and go deep on play-action on second down. Safeties may get a little bit confused. Teddy is a solid quarterback, Jameis is a different talent.

I am not saying that there should be a quarterback committee, far from that. But I think that giving a drive once in a while will add a lot of. spice and confusion.

I will write later about my feelings about the quarterback room. I know the subject is controversial but we have to realize it is all good news. We have a good problem. A very good problem.

Being from Pensacola, and my daughter a FSU alumni, I’ve followed Jameis’ career a long time. Starting out, I liked the fact that he turned down Nick Saben so he could play both football and baseball at FSU. Big picture, his athletic talents are off the charts. If he gets his mind set - and this decision says he’s taken the first big step, we could have just struck gold. I can add, with the way we draft, never moving down to accumulate extra picks to move into a top spot, we are never sniffing a top draft pick with incredible talent.

Jameis just fell into our lap. Let’s hope this experiment works to our favor and both fans and Jameis have great success going forward.

Is there a reason everyone here must state that they dislike Jameis?
Yes, so that they feel better about themselves for cheering him on when he is kicking arse for the Saints

Yesterday on Twitter I made a comment that Winston was the BEST BACKUP QB on any other roster in the NFL. Well, some Saints' fan came along and dropped a comment "Best?" followed by a bunch of laughing emojis. So I asked them to name 1 better backup QB in the NFL better than Winston on any other roster? It took a bunch of thief and rapist comments before this person would even answer the question. So, I just ignored the comments and continued to ask the question "just name 1 backup on any roster better than Winston?" Finally they answered. They said "Newton, Flacco, Jalen Smith and Gabbert"

First of all, Newton and Flacco aren't even on a roster, and Smith is a rookie. Gabbert? I wouldn't even entertain that joke. I got called a crackhead in the end :hihi:

Yesterday on Twitter I made a comment that Winston was the BEST BACKUP QB on any other roster in the NFL. Well, some Saints' fan came along and dropped a comment "Best?" followed by a bunch of laughing emojis. So I asked them to name 1 better backup QB in the NFL better than Winston on any other roster? It took a bunch of thief and rapist comments before this person would even answer the question. So, I just ignored the comments and continued to ask the question "just name 1 backup on any roster better than Winston?" Finally they answered. They said "Newton, Flacco, Jalen Smith and Gabbert"

First of all, Newton and Flacco aren't even on a roster, and Smith is a rookie. Gabbert? I wouldn't even entertain that joke. I got called a crackhead in the end :hihi:

You’re spot on, as usual. Lately, Jameis has made good choices and is trending in a positive way. Can’t say the same about another ex-arch rival in Cam Newton, who is still unemployed and being chased by instagram thots in child support court.

I'm still a little bit in disbelief. Now as a person I have a general dislike for Jamies and not for his on the field antics, but his off the field incidents. With that said hopefully this is a wake up call for him and getting out of Florida will help him mature and if he does, my views of him as a person will also improve.

With that said.

As a player he is very talented and could be a top 5 QB potentially. Here is what to look forward too.

5 ways Winston will improve because of his new and better circumstances.

1. Lasix not sure how nearsighted he was but this can only help.
2. Coaching, Payton is a huge upgrade over anything he's ever had.
3. Mentoring, has Winston ever had a mentor? Well he has a great one now.
4. Running game, Tampa had an up and down run game which was mostly down this will take a lot of pressure off him.
5. A great Oline, in 72 games he was sacked 169 times at Tampa. Saints Oline is a vast improvement over what he's had.

He probably won't see the field much this year, but when he does it will be interesting to see how much this helps him.

2 ways he can improve, but has to do it himself.

1. Maturity, on and off the field he needs to work on this and hopefully he gets it turned around.
2. Decision making, if #1 happens this one will definitely follow.

He has a chance to follow in the footsteps of 3 former Bucs in Doug Williams, Steve Young and Trent Dilfer? He has the talent, now he just needs to mature as a person and a leader and he can potentially join them as Super Bowl winners.

I'm pulling for him to pull it together as a person first and a player 2nd, hopefully he won't disappoint.
you talk as if you perfect.

People who dislike Jamies, should look more into his off the field charities. After being dissed by The Bucs, he still stayed in town. Donating over $25,000 in food for Covid patients and health care workers. It is worth noting since he got to Tampa(where I reside) he has done so much with his Dream Forever Foundation. Jamies Winston recently got married last month, and also had a baby. We know family changes a person. Also, If you are going to play the rape card, you should look more into that case, and who the female was (#cleatchaser was a hashtag she used on her twitter/instagram). Give him a chance, he may surprise you.

Lattimore needs to get a few shots in before he put on the Black and Gold.

I was thinking as a penance.. or sort of a cleansing... We could have Winston spend the first week of camp with the DL.
Then welcome him with open arms. After he heals up.

Just kidding. He's a Saint now, so all past things are forgotten for me. He's a Saint and I'm pulling for him to become the best he could be. I wouldn't be mad if he was still here next year, improved, and competing with Taysom to be our QB. I feel like whoever our next QB is needs to be the guy who won the job over all consideration and competition. If Hill is that guy, then he should be able to outperform Winston and/or anyone else brought in to compete.

One might argue that Taysom Hill is better. In reality, I think Jameis is currently number 3.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom