Good
- Drew Brees still droppin dimes.
- Ingram looked except for the Fumble
- M. Thomas is the real deal
- James L looked good at Backer
- The defensive line look solid for most of the night
- T. Elston looked solid
-Return game looked nice
-Fleener will have 1K plus year if everyone is healthy.
- Receiver core is solid

Bad

- Still having hard time covering TE's
- Von Bell can't miss open field tackles that lead to TD's
- Turnovers
- Still need to improve getting off the field on 3rd and long.

All in all. Solid with a brief look.

boo-boo

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I agree with most of that but
At one time NE was 2 of 11 on third down.
TE coverage was good until late in the game. Bennett had one catch where the LB slipped and he was open but his other catches were contended.

BRsaintS

All-Pro
Reaction score
We still have the problem with protecting our Qbs,and getting at the opposing Qb. We didn't do a very good Job at stopping the run.

Optimistic Ozzy

Bleeder of Black and Gold
Reaction score
At this point, we go 7-9 with what I saw. I'll adjust the record or keep it the same on a week to week basis right now. I know it's early, but I'm not impressed.

HouseCall

Resist, Ronald, resist!
Reaction score
At this point, we go 7-9 with what I saw. I'll adjust the record or keep it the same on a week to week basis right now. I know it's early, but I'm not impressed.
Just curious, because there is a lot of national sentiment that we don't win more than seven games - what did you see last night specifically that makes you see a 7 win season?

saintjay

All-Pro
Reaction score
So, are you basing the record on the 1st or last string (which btw most won't make the team)? The first string looked sharp. We need help on the offense line and maybe pass rush, but overall very good.

boo-boo

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I would love to know what u are basing this off of.

Starting D was solid even with key starters not playing. NESTLED first good play was that screen pass. We had second and third team players in at some positions by then.
Quarterback play sacked. We all know we don't have much behind drew.

IF this team stays healthy they are going deep into the playoffs.

Ingram fumbled in first hard contact of year. Not worried about that he doesn't fumble much. He ran hard. He ypc were low but he had 3 goal line carries from and 2 end in TDS.
Someone other than Cam can get to QB that's a huge Plus.
STARTING D was good against run. However NE not a great running team.
Thomas had 2 great catches and was aware enough on field to recover that hill fumble. He seems hard to single cover. Now think of him, cooks, snead, flee nervous, and spiller on field at same time. That seems scary to me.

Le_fleur_fan_78

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
You put Brees, Jordan, Swann (assuming healthy), Breaux in the game and we are a 9 to 10 win team. What offensive linemen did well/bad? I didn't get a good look at them.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Crush

Very Banned
Reaction score
I didn't think the lines were very impressive. Kikiha and now Steph Anthony are injured and we have to count on Laurenitis and Ellerbe to stay healthy and ball all season?

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I will disagree simply because of this:

1. We have more offensive talent (and more experienced) this year than last

2. No way defense can be worse and the pieces they have added will make sure that does not happen (Laurentis, Rankins, Fairley, Robinson, Bell, etc)

3. Several key players will be back from injury

3. Team seems hungrier and more as a unit than last year

4. Schedule is easier

Based on what I have seen so far I say we go 9-7 at WORST but could be as high as 11-5

saintbilly25

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't think the lines were very impressive. Kikiha and now Steph Anthony are injured and we have to count on Laurenitis and Ellerbe to stay healthy and ball all season?
We don't know the extent of Anthony's injury yet. But from what I saw last night from Robertson and Stupar, I feel good about them if needed to start or play major minutes.

Mikie17

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I will disagree simply because of this:

1. We have more offensive talent (and more experienced) this year than last

2. No way defense can be worse and the pieces they have added will make sure that does not happen (Laurentis, Rankins, Fairley, Robinson, Bell, etc)

3. Several key players will be back from injury

3. Team seems hungrier and more as a unit than last year

4. Schedule is easier

Based on what I have seen so far I say we go 9-7 at WORST but could be as high as 11-5
Let me add: 5. A different type of Sean Payton this year than in the past. Which will help with player's buy-in/motivation and coaching.

Mikie17

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Good
- Drew Brees still droppin dimes.
- Ingram looked...except for the Fumble
- M. Thomas is the real deal
- James L looked good at Backer
- The defensive line look solid for most of the night
- T. Elston looked solid
-Return game looked nice
-Fleener will have 1K plus year if everyone is healthy.
- Receiver core is solid

Bad

- Still having hard time covering TE's
- Von Bell can't miss open field tackles that lead to TD's
- Turnovers
- Still need to improve getting off the field on 3rd and long.

All in all. Solid with a brief look.
Thanks for your assessment THE TRUTH26, but I didn't catch your observation on how Ingram looked.:hihi:

JvilleJoe

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Last nights loss was occasioned IMO by some sloppiness. You just can't give a team two easy turnover scores and hope to win a game. I was overall impressed with the first quarter effort, especially the defense, where I saw effort, penetration by the DL and some solid DB play. I in no way excuse the fumbles and interceptions, but those were not enough to deter me from believing that this team will be improved - how much we shall see!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
What we learned, what is trending and final thoughts from the Saints 34-22 win Saints RSS News Feeds 0
bigcarlittlewill Drew Brees licked his fingers 66 times or more last night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
albionmoonlight Tom Brady on Pace to Throw More Interceptions for the Bucs this Year than Winston did Last Year Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
Brett Favre on Drew Brees’s 2020 season: I think it’s his last season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas is out for Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
WATCH: Week 2 preview video, Saints and Raiders on Monday Night Football Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees, Saints a good bet in Las Vegas on Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints social media reactions to Joe Burrow’s Thursday Night Football debut Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bengals vs. Browns: Thursday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints-Raiders featured in ESPN’s multi-network presentation Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Gentilly504 Over or Under(ratings)for Saints Monday Night Game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Social media reactions to Monday Night Football snoozefest Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Titans vs. Broncos: Monday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Steelers vs. Giants: Monday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Good thing we play our next game on a Monday Night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
woohoosaint Anybody else getting the night before the opening game jitters?! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
J.T. NFL Opening Night Ratings Way Down Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 138
Saints Twitter reactions to Chiefs dominating win on Thursday Night Football Saints RSS News Feeds 0