My Thoughts On Taysom (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Ok, let's talk about Taysom Hill. I like Taysom. For what he does and his all-purpose role in the offense and in kicking game. But ya'll need to understand something, Taysom does not have what it takes to be an NFL caliber QB. If Taysom had any arm talent at all he wouldn't be a Saint. Why? Because Green Bay wouldn't have waived him. Taysom probably has the slowest and ugliest release i have ever seen in my life. He gets sacked everytime he drops back to throw because he's got no awareness at all. Absolutely horrible. Trust me, we DO NOT want him at QB throwing passes
🤦🏿‍♂️
He's #3 on the QB depth chart for those reasons. He's a gadget but he's great at what he does and I'm glad he's here! But please stop lookin for Taysom to be Drew's replacement. Ain't no way... That's a tragedy!

Ok, let me preface that I’m not saying that TH7 should be the starting QB, but you should factor in a couple of things.
1.) Perfect/great mechanics doesn’t equate to being a great/good QB. There have been many successful QBs, that have had non-textbook mechanics.
2.) Never has TH7 had the luxury of sitting in a full session of the QB room. He has to spend an hour in each of his position groups every day. While every other QB stays in it’s entirety. Imagine how much knowledge TH7 loses out on.
3.)The guy somehow managed to quickly learn how to be a factor on STs and the TE positions. The TE position is incredibly difficult as is STs. He just has that gift of being a “natural”.
4.) We should never say that he will never be or should never be our QB. Until he gets to 100% submerse himself, in all of the things that QBs should, then of course you will win this debate.
Now, I love that he is accepting of his Swiss army role, but he should be given the chance to win the job completely next year.
Winston has a handful of years being a starter in the NFL, so he should start for us as of now.

You make strong points and I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'd like to see Taysom get to QB a whole Offensive series or two. I'd like to see what he has as a QB over several downs. Then we can make a good read on him

People compare him to a poor man's Lamar Jackson. I feel those types of QB's do exactly what Lamar has done. Look MVP one year then get figured out and struggle or just get hurt. Countless examples such as Vince Young, Robert Griffin III. Well, you can count to two but you get the point. He is no Steve Young.

A couple of weeks ago, Chris Collinsworth made a comment about receivers getting to throw the ball on a backwards pass. His point was that, if they mess it up, they will never get a chance to throw another pass in the NFL. This puts tremendous pressure on the player to perform well. Some do, some don't.

Now imagine you're Taysom. You've been playing in the game as a TE, FB, RB, WR, special teams guru, and waterboy:), and then the play call comes in: "spider 2 Y banana" and you are the QUARTERBACK. What are you gonna do? Mess up and never get to throw another pass?? Oh, and you only practiced the play one time in spring training, because Drew got all the reps.

Your muscles get a little tighter. You're blood pressure goes up. Adrenaline starts to kick in. The little atlanta falcon on your shoulder says, "Choke, baby, Choke! 28-3!! Choke, Choke". You might throw a wobbly pass that get's intercepted and returned for a TD. Never to throw a pass again.

But you're not you. You are TAYSOM. Taysom is 4 for 5 for 80 yards this year in Collinsworth's nightmare.

Maybe we should give him a chance to shine.

🇺🇸

Ok, let's talk about Taysom Hill. I like Taysom. For what he does and his all-purpose role in the offense and in kicking game. But ya'll need to understand something, Taysom does not have what it takes to be an NFL caliber QB. If Taysom had any arm talent at all he wouldn't be a Saint. Why? Because Green Bay wouldn't have waived him. Taysom probably has the slowest and ugliest release i have ever seen in my life. He gets sacked everytime he drops back to throw because he's got no awareness at all. Absolutely horrible. Trust me, we DO NOT want him at QB throwing passes
🤦🏿‍♂️
He's #3 on the QB depth chart for those reasons. He's a gadget but he's great at what he does and I'm glad he's here! But please stop lookin for Taysom to be Drew's replacement. Ain't no way... That's a tragedy!

I think Winston will start but you will see Hill a lot more than you usually do. Not in a true platoon system but more often one or two play appearances.

As a Saints fan stuck in Broncos land, to I've seen this before. He really is Tebow 2.0, but actually willing to use his incredible ability at something other than starting qb. Which is where he should be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom