My thoughts on the upcoming Chicago Cubs season (1 Viewer)

Might as well.

Do you think that the Braves can take the Mets this year? I'm a Braves fan first, but being here in Queens has me gravitating to the Mets. I'm always torn when I go to Braves/Mets games. I still wear my Braves gear anyway.

As the teams are consructed I think the Braves are the favorites. Losing Renteria hurts more than losing Druw. Yunuel should be solid hit about .285-.290. But Druw only hit .222 (his average actually increased after he hit his elbow on that catch) so anybody should be an improvment. But if the Muts get Johan which I think very well could happen. They jump back into being the favorites.

If you need a braves board check out my sig.

Might as well.

Do you think that the Braves can take the Mets this year? I'm a Braves fan first, but being here in Queens has me gravitating to the Mets. I'm always torn when I go to Braves/Mets games. I still wear my Braves gear anyway.

Man I hope so. I hate the Mets almost as much as I hate the Yankee$.

From where I sit, the Yankmees are MUCH worse. Even being in the stands watching their spoiled fans bickering over a failed bunt while ahead 8 - 0 against the Royals. Really a turn off, I tell ya.

As the teams are consructed I think the Braves are the favorites. Losing Renteria hurts more than losing Druw. Yunuel should be solid hit about .285-.290. But Druw only hit .222 (his average actually increased after he hit his elbow on that catch) so anybody should be an improvment. But if the Muts get Johan which I think very well could happen. They jump back into being the favorites.

If you need a braves board check out my sig.

Drew was an easy release IMO. Edgar wasn't. That bat and glove will be missed I don't care who his replacement is.........yet.

2008 Chicago Cubs: 100 Years And Waiting! (c) Danchrism 2008

Go Dodgers

Drew was an easy release IMO. Edgar wasn't. That bat and glove will be missed I don't care who his replacement is.........yet.

Yea but having Escobar softens the blow. I mean he did hit .326 in his first 300 plus at-bats. He also has a good glove. I'd prefer that they traded KJ than Edge, but I am not in charge so I don't get what I want.

So Cubbie fans, what are y'all thinking about Zambrano possibly being out the rest of the season? Hardin too? Ouch!

Well to update this thread Cubs P Carlos Zambrano has just thrown a no-hitter and became the first cubs pitcher since 1972 to actually throw one.

He did it in Milwaukee tonight and under unusual circumstances with the Astros having to relocate to Miller Park because of Hurricane Ike.

Great job and congratulations to the Z-man. I saw the game on MLB.TV and let me tell you he was locked in from the first pitch he threw to the last strike out he made.

Thank you and God Bless Carlos, you were already a great Pitcher for this team, now your name is for the ages and in the history books.

Last edited:
Go Cubs Go

I watched the no-hitter on Fox-Sports Houston. The announcers were trying to down play Big Z and seemed to be very upset about not playing the game somewhere else. It all honesty, would it have mattered, everywhere the Cubs go, it's almost like a home game, fans everywhere.

Congrats Big Z

So Cubbie fans, what are y'all thinking about Zambrano possibly being out the rest of the season? Hardin too? Ouch!

I predict Zambrano thorows a no hitter in his first game back. I'm going out on a limb here, but I think it will be against the Astros at Miller Park because they won't be able to play in Houston because of some sort of tropical weather system.

:hihi:

Seriously, Z is back and I think it was smart to give him and Hardin some time off. They both looked great in their last starts. Hopefully they can sew of the Division soon and get them some extra rest before the playoffs and get the rotation set how they want it.

Go Cubs Go

I watched the no-hitter on Fox-Sports Houston. The announcers were trying to down play Big Z and seemed to be very upset about not playing the game somewhere else. It all honesty, would it have mattered, everywhere the Cubs go, it's almost like a home game, fans everywhere.

Congrats Big Z

Well, in defense of the announcers, Houston has been on a great run, and to have a game closer to the Cubs' home literally took away a home game for the Astros, and could be critical down the wildcard stretch. It should have been played closer to Houston, such as Dallas, or even in Round Rock at the farm team stadium. Miller Park, with Milwaukee being in fairly close proximity to Chicago, really gave the Cubs a home game and wasn't truly a "neutral site"...and we as Saints fans should be able to relate to that. Somewhere else should have been chosen, IMO.

That being said, great job by Zambrano. I didn't get to see the game since I have no cable, but anytime someone pitches a no-hitter it's a great feat.

Well to update this thread Cubs P Carlos Zambrano has just thrown a no-hitter and became the first cubs pitcher since 1972 to actually throw one.

He did it in Milwaukee tonight and under unusual circumstances with the Astros having to relocate to Miller Park because of Hurricane Ike.

Great job and congratulations to the Z-man. I saw the game on MLB.TV and let me tell you he was locked in from the first pitch he threw to the last strike out he made.

Thank you and God Bless Carlos, you were already a great Pitcher for this team, now your name is for the ages and in the history books.

Agreed. Congrats to Big Z and the Cubs.

Since my Braves have no shot I will be pulling for a Cubs/Rays World Series this year and may the best team win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom