My thoughts on why a WR is NOT a huge need. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
1. We signed Emmanuel Sanders who is very, very good with some serious savage to him.

2. Tre'Quan Smith will be entering his 3rd year now in our system so he should improve on reads, subtle things like that.

3. Because of Sanders, Tre'Quan will now get most teams 3rd or 4th cornerbacks.

4. Jared Cook came on very strong down the stretch. So strong in fact that one dirty team game planned to take him out.

5. Expect to see Harris get opportunities a lot this year similar to Tyrek Hill's second year.

DL, LB and CB depth is a much bigger need imo. We got weapons...

Last edited:
I think that TreQuan Smith will be a Saints WR as long as they don’t have someone else to replace him. He is the definition of ordinary. Passive, doesn’t get separation, and average athleticism. He doesn’t have a “dog mentality”. I’m hopeful that Deonte Harris takes his job this year and that the Saints can find a WR with a Warford pick or through UDFA that can send TreQuan to pasture.

I think that TreQuan Smith will be a Saints WR as long as they don’t have someone else to replace him. He is the definition of ordinary. Passive, doesn’t get separation, and average athleticism. He doesn’t have a “dog mentality”. I’m hopeful that Deonte Harris takes his job this year and that the Saints can find a WR with a Warford pick or through UDFA that can send TreQuan to pasture.
Excellent perspective.

1. We signed Emmanuel Sanders who is very, very good with some serious savage to him.

2. Tre'Quan Smith will be entering his 3rd year now in our system so he should improve on reads, subtle things like that.

3. Because of Sanders, Tre'Quan will now get most teams 3rd or 4th cornerbacks.

4. Jared Cook came on very strong down the stretch. So strong in fact that one dirty team game planned to take him out.

5. Expect to see Lewis get opportunities a lot this year similar to Tyrek Hill's second year.

DL, LB and CB depth is a much bigger need imo. We got weapons...

As of right now, we have no legit #2. Unless we depend on LJH or the other guy that wore number 81 (or 84...can't think of his name).
I imagine Sanders will fill play Lance Moore role.

As far as TQS, we use to say the same things about Brandon Coleman. So in theory he should improve but have you seen anything from him that will suggest he will do so and get better?

Lewis is an excellent return man. Its unknown how effective he will be on offense, and Tyreke Hill has elite speed. I don't see that from Lewis.

As of right now, we have no legit #2. Unless we depend on LJH or the other guy that wore number 81 (or 84...can't think of his name).
I imagine Sanders will fill play Lance Moore role.

As far as TQS, we use to say the same things about Brandon Coleman. So in theory he should improve but have you seen anything from him that will suggest he will do so and get better?

Lewis is an excellent return man. Its unknown how effective he will be on offense, and Tyreke Hill has elite speed. I don't see that from Lewis.

Sanders in the Lance Moore role? Really? Sanders is an easily a WR2 and a WR1 on a lot of teams.

Because we had no one else to do so. I'm curious as to why Carr didn't pan out? He had the measurables, but was rarely targeted, etc.
Michael Thomas doesn't line up in the slot because no one can't. He lines up there because Payton is aggressive at trying to find mismatches. You will see a lot of plays this year with both Thomas and Sanders in the slots with Tre'Quan and Hill/Harris on the boundaries.

Last edited:
Because we had no one else to do so. I'm curious as to why Carr didn't pan out? He had the measurables, but was rarely targeted, etc.
No, it's because you're trying to get a certain matchup. Where you lineup does not dictate the amount of targets you get.

Where does this come from? In the Thanksgiving Day Atlanta game, he pancaked Tack McKinley at the LOS. He has on a few occasions taken massive hits and still managed to catch the ball. He's probably never going to be a #1 or maybe not even a #2 WR, but some of the criticism towards him is unfair. He's been developing and maybe not as fast in some aspects, but he's still developing and some injuries have hampered that process. I'm always wary of WRs out of UCF and WVU as they always seem to either not translate to the NFL or translate slower than others, a good example is Perriman who took 4 seasons and 3 teams.

5. Expect to see Lewis get opportunities a lot this year similar to Tyrek Hill's second year.

There is no way you guys are comparing Tommy Lee Lewis to Tyreek Hill or calling him an excellent return man. He is not and never had been either. Which Lewis on the Saints roster are you talking about?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom