My TV just died... (1 Viewer)

bgizle

waazup's #1 Fan
Reaction score
I think I remember seeing someone on here talking about getting theirs fixed. I have a Vizio 50" plasma, was watching tv today and heard a very loud POP, and the picture went out.

I googled a few things and was curious if anyone has had a similar problem and how much it costs to fix?

I think I remember seeing someone on here talking about getting theirs fixed. I have a Vizio 50" plasma, was watching tv today and heard a very loud POP, and the picture went out.

I googled a few things and was curious if anyone has had a similar problem and how much it costs to fix?

Life of a Plasma owner. Get LED/LCD next time.

My samsung LCD is giving me problems right now too. it clicks several times before coming on, takes up to 30 seconds. PITA.

I also have a 50 Vizio Plasma. Went out two weeks ago. It is being repaired under warranty for a bad "Y Sustain" board whatever that is. Seems to be a fairly common problem with Plasmas.

I also have a 50 Vizio Plasma. Went out two weeks ago. It is being repaired under warranty for a bad "Y Sustain" board whatever that is. Seems to be a fairly common problem with Plasmas.

the sustain board replaced the flux capacitor and tvs haven't been the same since.

My samsung LCD is giving me problems right now too. it clicks several times before coming on, takes up to 30 seconds. PITA.

Volume or just picture? Picture will do that if projector bulbs are starting to go bad. Easy fix. Google it.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm thinking of taking it to a local TV place and see what they say. If it's going to be a 300.00+ investment than I'll probably hold off, being I can get a brand new one for a decent price nowadays.

Granted I've had the TV for like 5 years now, but it sucks knowing how much I spent on it back then.

Did you buy it at Sam's?

The reason I ask is that this same thing happened to me about 3 years ago.. I was watching TV on my 50" Vizio plasma.. It was the original one they had out that was just a monitor, no tuner.. I heard a loud pop and the screen went blank.. I had only had it for about 18 months.. Someone on AVSForum suggested that I contact Sam's about it and mention their customer satisfaction guarantee, so I did.. I told them the TV is no longer working and asked if I could swap it out.. Two different managers told me yes and so I took it back up there.. Because I'd paid $2400 for it initially and the TV I ended up getting in replacement only cost $1400, I got a $1000 gitt card as well..

I guess you're lucky that it lasted this long.. Maybe see if they'll swap it out for you (if you bought it at Sam's)..

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56316&highlight=vizio&page=2

Did you buy it at Sam's?

The reason I ask is that this same thing happened to me about 3 years ago.. I was watching TV on my 50" Vizio plasma.. It was the original one they had out that was just a monitor, no tuner.. I heard a loud pop and the screen went blank.. I had only had it for about 18 months.. Someone on AVSForum suggested that I contact Sam's about it and mention their customer satisfaction guarantee, so I did.. I told them the TV is no longer working and asked if I could swap it out.. Two different managers told me yes and so I took it back up there.. Because I'd paid $2400 for it initially and the TV I ended up getting in replacement only cost $1400, I got a $1000 gitt card as well..

I guess you're lucky that it lasted this long.. Maybe see if they'll swap it out for you (if you bought it at Sam's)..

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56316&highlight=vizio&page=2

Actually I did. I bought it about 5 years ago from Sams club, but took it to a local repair shop and they are fixing it for me. And it's ajust a monitor as well, no tuner. I got no idea if they have model #s, etc., but it's lasted a while so I can't complain too much. I think I bought it on sale then for around 1,800.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom