My version of "how the NFC pans out" (1 Viewer)

I am trying to determine which scenario is more pleasing (of course you should assume that each one ends with the Saints winning the SB again this season):

5. We win out and win the Division and a 1st round bye, beat Chicago in the Divisional round and then beat Atlanta in the NFCCG in a laugher that is over by the first 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter.

Give me #5, Alex.

i think it plays out like this

1) Philly
2) NO
3) GB
4) Sea
5) ATL
6) Chi

i don't think TB makes it

I think none of this matters if we can't beat them at their house and break Matty Ice's home win streak! WHEN that happens all the rest will fall into place.

Thats a given... None of this matters if we lose to them at their place... We lose and we're fighting for a wild card spot...

I don't think we can count on Tampa beating Atlanta. They've only beat bad teams and look bad against good teams (like the Saints). The good news is that they probably can't compete with us for the wild card if the Falcons don't lose another game, besides the game with us, of course.

I look at it like this... I don't think Atlanta is as good as their record... Based on the fact that TB gave them all they can handle at Atl, i think they have a decent shot at beating Atlanta... I also think Seattle has a decent shot at beating Atlanta... I guess if they win all those games, I'll have to reconsider how good I think Atlanta is....

At this point, I think they could lose one of those two road games... Seattle can score and they have played better at home... Atlanta will have to fly all the way across the country and 3 time zones... That's got to be some sort of advantage...

I am probably one of the few people that hopes that does happen. I'd love to see these teams in the playoffs, not because of any NFC South pride but because I firmly we believe that we can beat these teams in the playoffs because we are more talented than them and the coaches are very familiar with each of these teams.

Although, I still think that we owe Chicago a butt-whuppin for the 06 NFCCG. :rant:

I am trying to determine which scenario is more pleasing (of course you should assume that each one ends with the Saints winning the SB again this season):

1. Atlanta wins the division and a first round bye, gets all of the hype in the world as the best team this year and then loses to us in the divisional round.

2. Atlanta wins the division and a first round by, gets all the hype in the world as a the best team this year and then loses to us in the NFCCG.

3. Atlanta wins the division and a first round bye, gets all of the hype in the world as the best team this year and then loses to the Bucs as a 6th seed in the divisional round, who then loses to us as we host the NFCCG after we beat the Seahawks and then the Bears.

4. We win out and win the Division and a 1st round bye, beat Chicago in the Divisional round and then the Bucs in the NFCCG.

5. We win out and win the Division and a 1st round bye, beat Chicago in the Divisional round and then beat Atlanta in the NFCCG in a laugher that is over by the first 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter.

6. We win out and win the Division and a 1st round bye, beat the Bucs in the Divisional round and then the Falcons in the NFCCG, with Hartley winning in the last 3 seconds or in OT by kicking a 29-yard field goal.

Obviously us winning the division and getting a 1st round by is more appealing but I am trying to get a scenario wherein the Falcons and their fan-base obtain the MOST misery from us winning again. You know? Maybe them being SO CLOSE to the SUPERBOWL and then losing it by ONE PLAY. So, then we can hear them lamenting for years how close they came to beating us but having to deal with the fact that they didn't so that they can get their second edition of the NFLN Missing Rings (insert evil maniacal laugh here).

The answer is easy Atlanta loses to the Saints, Packers, Seattle and the Bucs....and we rest our starters in week 17 as the Bucs edge the Falcons for the last spot in the playoffs due to 2 divisional wins in the 2nd tie breaker....Atlanta sits at home at 10-6.

Ok... I ready to come out of my denial that Atlanta is simply a good team... Not spectacular but a very solid team that plays mistake free football..

Also, watching the Bears game and it looks like I was wrong about Chicago... I think it's a combination of me hating them, they aren't flashy and visions of New York blowing past their offensive line repeatedly to sack Cutler causes me to think poorly of them but it looks like they're a solid team...

Looks like my thoughts on the NFC aren't worth the cyberspace it was wrote on... Just wanted to eat my crow...

Ok... I ready to come out of my denial that Atlanta is simply a good team... Not spectacular but a very solid team that plays mistake free football..

Also, watching the Bears game and it looks like I was wrong about Chicago... I think it's a combination of me hating them, they aren't flashy and visions of New York blowing past their offensive line repeatedly to sack Cutler causes me to think poorly of them but it looks like they're a solid team...

Looks like my thoughts on the NFC aren't worth the cyberspace it was wrote on... Just wanted to eat my crow...
Eh, no need to eat crow. You had an opinion, and you voiced it. No crime in that.

Doesn't matter. I'm just prepping myself for most likely scenario. Falcons win division, we have to go to Seattle or St. Louis for playoffs. That's like a bye week anyway.

Well looks like after today 4 teams will be 7-4.
Phi
GB
TB
NYG
That gives the Saints a 1 game lead for the WC race.

Doesn't matter. I'm just prepping myself for most likely scenario. Falcons win division, we have to go to Seattle or St. Louis for playoffs. That's like a bye week anyway.

Seattle can play tough at home. Should we beat em? Sure, but we had better being it!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom