My version of "how the NFC pans out" (1 Viewer)

Man, I smell a couple of ambushes by Tampa Bay. They're a great young team to be reconed with, and I saw them rising last year.

I also smell an icy game up in Chicago. :covri:

Meaning an icy playoff game for NO in Chicago?

I hate the Falcons as much as the next guy, but any predictions that leave them short of 12-4 is unrealistic and preposterous. We have to win out to win the division and I think we will.

That would be a complete melt down if it happened... I think the Seahawks have a chance.. Atlanta isn't as good on the road and Seattle is a long road trip threw 3 time zones. Seattle plays better at home (which most teams do) Seattle will probably need a win and be motivated. I give Seattle a better then average chance to beat Atl.

Probably the homer in me...

The Homer in me wants to believe it :) But I think you have a point, I think the seahawks can attack Atlanta's secondary with some success. It will be a tough game for the Dirty Birds.

I hate the Falcons as much as the next guy, but any predictions that leave them short of 12-4 is unrealistic and preposterous. We have to win out to win the division and I think we will.

I don't know...you think they are gong to beat Seattle at home with that secondary..and than survive the Bucs at home? 11-5 is very realistic...12-4 is optimistic for the Falcons. Personally I am hoping for 10-6 losses to Packers, Bucs, Saints, and Seahawks...

All I know is if we run the table..they are at best a 12-4 team and that puts them in second place...

Seattle is tough (er) at home and has a great 12th man, so hopefully that will help us. We just have to win out. If we do, we make the playoffs. I don't care where we play. The Saints are much better than Chicago or NY or Tampa. The Eagles and Greenbay will be tough, but we can beat them.

I don't know...you think they are gong to beat Seattle at home with that secondary..and than survive the Bucs at home? 11-5 is very realistic...12-4 is optimistic for the Falcons. Personally I am hoping for 10-6 losses to Packers, Bucs, Saints, and Seahawks...

All I know is if we run the table..they are at best a 12-4 team and that puts them in second place...

I think they will win one of those two.

I will probably get a few thumbs down for this but I don't care. After watching the entire football season and all the teams this year, I really don't see any games as being a "gimme" game. We have the capability of winning the rest of our games, and I think by a nice margin in almost all, but to say we, or any team for that matter (except those playing the Panthers) have a "gimme" game, I think is a little dumb. Maybe its just me, but I'm a realist, and that's how I look at things.

I think that you might be taking this a bit too literally. What it appears the OP is implying is that if both teams bring their "A"game, there is a team that should be highly favored and rightfully so. So, he is terming that a gimme game for the superior team. But he is also saying that under those circumstances there will be games where a team is favored but it will be a tough fight and then there are games where any team can win it. This all seems reasonable to me.

For example, if the Patriots were to play the Panthers, that SHOULD be a gimme game for the Pats because they are the superior team. Can the Panthers win? OF COURSE but you wouldn't expect them to.

The OP makes sense to me but again, that is provided each team brings their "A" game. And it is my opinion that if the Saints were 100% healthy and bring their "A" game they will beat any team in the NFL. If we are focused and healthy, provided the officials call a fair game, we should beat everyone remaining on our schedule, some by wider margins than others but we SHOULD win out.

1 seed/Division winner:
South: New Orleans 12-4

Wild Cards:
Atlanta: 11-5
Tampa Bay: 10-6

If that happened, can you imagine the respect that the NFC South would have?

I am probably one of the few people that hopes that does happen. I'd love to see these teams in the playoffs, not because of any NFC South pride but because I firmly we believe that we can beat these teams in the playoffs because we are more talented than them and the coaches are very familiar with each of these teams.

Although, I still think that we owe Chicago a butt-whuppin for the 06 NFCCG. :rant:

I am trying to determine which scenario is more pleasing (of course you should assume that each one ends with the Saints winning the SB again this season):

1. Atlanta wins the division and a first round bye, gets all of the hype in the world as the best team this year and then loses to us in the divisional round.

2. Atlanta wins the division and a first round by, gets all the hype in the world as a the best team this year and then loses to us in the NFCCG.

3. Atlanta wins the division and a first round bye, gets all of the hype in the world as the best team this year and then loses to the Bucs as a 6th seed in the divisional round, who then loses to us as we host the NFCCG after we beat the Seahawks and then the Bears.

4. We win out and win the Division and a 1st round bye, beat Chicago in the Divisional round and then the Bucs in the NFCCG.

5. We win out and win the Division and a 1st round bye, beat Chicago in the Divisional round and then beat Atlanta in the NFCCG in a laugher that is over by the first 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter.

6. We win out and win the Division and a 1st round bye, beat the Bucs in the Divisional round and then the Falcons in the NFCCG, with Hartley winning in the last 3 seconds or in OT by kicking a 29-yard field goal.

Obviously us winning the division and getting a 1st round by is more appealing but I am trying to get a scenario wherein the Falcons and their fan-base obtain the MOST misery from us winning again. You know? Maybe them being SO CLOSE to the SUPERBOWL and then losing it by ONE PLAY. So, then we can hear them lamenting for years how close they came to beating us but having to deal with the fact that they didn't so that they can get their second edition of the NFLN Missing Rings (insert evil maniacal laugh here).

I think that you might be taking this a bit too literally. What it appears the OP is implying is that if both teams bring their "A"game, there is a team that should be highly favored and rightfully so. So, he is terming that a gimme game for the superior team. But he is also saying that under those circumstances there will be games where a team is favored but it will be a tough fight and then there are games where any team can win it. This all seems reasonable to me.

For example, if the Patriots were to play the Panthers, that SHOULD be a gimme game for the Pats because they are the superior team. Can the Panthers win? OF COURSE but you wouldn't expect them to.

The OP makes sense to me but again, that is provided each team brings their "A" game. And it is my opinion that if the Saints were 100% healthy and bring their "A" game they will beat any team in the NFL. If we are focused and healthy, provided the officials call a fair game, we should beat everyone remaining on our schedule, some by wider margins than others but we SHOULD win out.

Thank you brother..... I realize that "gimme" is a relative term... any team can win on any sunday and that is fact but for discussion sake, there are teams that should beat other teams and I was simply trying to categorize the games by degree of difficulty from a should win to a might lose. I had to refrain from getting into a debate cuz this guy refused to take what i was saying as a generalized degrees of difficulty...

Thanks for understanding my point... Guys like that make me not even want to post anymore...

Thank you brother..... I realize that "gimme" is a relative term... any team can win on any sunday and that is fact but for discussion sake, there are teams that should beat other teams and I was simply trying to categorize the games by degree of difficulty from a should win to a might lose. I had to refrain from getting into a debate cuz this guy refused to take what i was saying as a generalized degrees of difficulty...

Thanks for understanding my point... Guys like that make me not even want to post anymore...

I blame black Friday. They sell these computers so cheap that anyone can get on the internet these days.

come on man... preposterous is saying that these guys are incredible... I'm not even a huge Falcons hater... I hate Dallas, Minnesota and Chicago much more than I hate the Falcons but they aren't that good... I think they are very solid but I do think that they can easily lose 3 games starting this week with Green Bay and then New Orleans and I can see them losing one of either TB at TB or Sea at Sea.... I don't see that as being "Preposterous" at all... Tampa gave them all they could handle in Atlanta... Seattle can throw the ball and score... They're right in the thick of things in their division and Atlanta will have to go on the road THREE time zones and play at their house....

Tell me what's "Preposterous" about that please...

Atlanta has been a good, solid team but they've been far from dominant...

I don't think we can count on Tampa beating Atlanta. They've only beat bad teams and look bad against good teams (like the Saints). The good news is that they probably can't compete with us for the wild card if the Falcons don't lose another game, besides the game with us, of course.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom