My VERY early opinion on the starting defensive lineup (2 Viewers)

Jtek74

saints2dashow
Reaction score
I would like to see

C.Grant (hopefully motivated and in shape)
K.Clancy
S.Ellis
W.Smith (100% healthy and motivated)

D.Morgan (100% healthy)
J.Vilma
S.Fujita

T.Porter (R.Gay backup)
J.Greer (M.McKenzie backup)
R.Harper
M.Jenkins (14th pick in the draft)

I think this is a defense that can actually contribute to winning some football games this year instead of ALWAYS depending on the offense to win it.
What do ya'll think?

If Pressley can stay healthy I wouldn't mind seeing him & Ellis in the middle of the line together.

If Pressley can stay healthy I wouldn't mind seeing him & Ellis in the middle of the line together.

I haven't seen much of him to know. I didn't watch him in college and didn't he get hurt early in TC? Right now the proven is Klancy. But certainly if Pressley blows up in TC then I am all for it.

I haven't seen much of him to know. I didn't watch him in college and didn't he get hurt early in TC? Right now the proven is Klancy. But certainly if Pressley blows up in TC then I am all for it.

Yeah he went on IR with a broken foot. I just remember there was a lot of excitement about him last off season before he got hurt.

Ok, well if he WAS in shape what was his horrible play due to? I will give you credit for Gibbs scheme being horrid....but that cant be all of it...

Shanle=WLB
Fujita=SLB
So why is Shanle better than Fuji?

how about....he was on IR for over half the season

how about....he was on IR for over half the season

LOL, of course he gets a pass when he is on IR!! But I just didn't see the consistant push/rush I have seen from him in the past...is all I am saying..Dont get me wrong I really like Grant and believe he can be a pro bowler, maybe with Williams new defense........

I remember hearing Ed Ogeron on Sirius saying Pressley had a ways to go...:idunno:

This is another thing....people are anoiting him just like Alfred Fincher a few years ago. Things we dont know: Adrian Arrington, Robert Meachem, Demarrio Pressley.

Grant played great until those first 5 games before he got injured again. His health is the concern for me, not his motivation. He's easily the most intense motivated guy on the field on Sundays. Thats always been his MO.

As to Pressley, all the excitement was from his college days. He's a talented guy but right on cue he promptly got hurt in early TC. Thats been the story of his football life. He fell because of injuries or he might of been taken higher. We'll see what happens.

I'd say those are the favorites to start, and with a little better scheming, I think they will be a disruptive force. I will be surprised if Presley even makes the team based on what I saw of him last year.

Shanle can't hold Fujita's jock strap... I have NEVER seen Shanle make a play before... and sometimes it looks like he is avoiding contact... he's terrible~

You overrate Fujita and underrate Shanle.

I'd hardly call Fujita a playmaker...lets just stick with average LB. I guess thats good enough but I see no major gap between the two. Both are blue collar players who put up similiar numbers and make a similiar number of plays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom