25) Den
26) Dal
27) SF
28) Ari
29) Buf
30) Det
31) Cin
32) Car

Its the same every week with you. Why is NE or Atl not above NYJ?

Here im going to do what you do
1. NO
2. 72 Dolphins
3. 85 Bears
4. 07 Patriots
5. 79 Steelers
6. 92 Cowboys
7. 89 49ers
8. 99 Rams
9. 98 Broncos
10. 91 Skins

I'll probably get banned for pointing this out but the jets' lone quality win was against the Pats. The pats meanwhile have two, one against the steelers and one against baltimore. The top 9-2 football team with the most quality wins is the..........Atlanta Falcons :badmood: because they've now beaten New Orleans, Green Bay, and Baltimore. The case can also be made that the bears should be ranked higher than the saints because of the same reason.

Okay, now im off to swallow a bar of soap.

I don't know why he's taking such a beating. Seems like a decent list to me. he's a Jets fan, so sure he ranks his team first. Same thing we all do when our team is close to the top.

ATL is #1. Like it or not. I hate that its come to that, but they beat us. I dont think NE is as good as advertised, and the Jets magic hat is going to run out of tricks soon. Atlanta's 2 losses are on the road to good teams, Pittsburgh in OT and they spotted Philly 21 before deciding to play. 2 of our 3 losses are to cupcakes. If Tampa doesnt beat Atlanta this weekend, I dont know if anyone else on their schedule will take them down.

In my opinion...

1)NE--The team that is playing the best and most consistent football right now.
2) ATL--Good team that takes advantage of breaks their way. Still I can not rank a team #1 whose QB messes himself
3) NO--Still haven't put it all together and are 8-3. So much for a hangover. This is a scary team to have to play post season.
4) Balt--Can play with anyone, but I question their back four. They will win more than they lose, but I do not see a top team.
5) GB--No one wants to play them in the post season either. I think they or NO are in the superbowl.
6) NYJ--No team that gets shut out at home deserves a top 5 spot.
7) SD--This team is scary good. I think they might be the best in the AFC when it is all said and done.
8) Chi--Big win on a sloppy field. I think they are behind GB.
9) Philly--They are setting themselves up to be a one player team. If Vick is on they can score on anyone, but if he is off, they are off. I think they need to use McCoy more.
10) TB--I think TB is a little better than KC
11) KC--Not sold on them, but that IMO is what makes the dangerous. Would like to see more consistency.
12) NYG--I am not an Eli fan and I do not have confidence in him to lead this team to another superbowl.
13) Pitt--Over hyped and overrated.
14) Indy
15) Mia
16) Jax
17) Hou
18) Ten
19) Oak
20) Was
21) STL
22) Sea
23) Min
24) Cle
25) Den
26) Dal
27) SF
28) Ari
29) Buf
30) Det
31) Cin
32) Car

Last edited:
Even though I am sure that he will deny it, the reason that he puts the Jets ahead of NE with the same record (Jets homerism aside) is because they beat them HEAD TO HEAD; which for the past few weeks he's been lambasting as a criteria for power rankings.

Which is ridiculous (lambasting H to H). I can't imagine that it's anything else. The Jets have had some last minute heroics against mediocre and inferior teams and have been SHUT OUT at home meanwhile NE has had some pretty dominating performances excluding the stinker against Cleveland.

But Head to Head makes sense to put the Jets ahead of NE with the same record. Although Atlanta could be #1 right now. I think I'm gonna be sick.

I'll probably get banned for pointing this out but the jets' lone quality win was against the Pats. The pats meanwhile have two, one against the steelers and one against baltimore. The top 9-2 football team with the most quality wins is the..........Atlanta Falcons :badmood: because they've now beaten New Orleans, Green Bay, and Baltimore. The case can also be made that the bears should be ranked higher than the saints because of the same reason.

Okay, now im off to swallow a bar of soap.

I'm alot more sold on ATL after this week then i was previously. Ryan , while not spectacular, is very solid and smart with the football. however with that said i still don't think that ATL would beat NE or the jets if both teams played their best. GB out gained 419 yards to 294 , GB flat out outplayed ATL by far but i give ATL credit for sticking in there and making the plays when it mattered most.

NE is NE, as long as belly and brady are there they are going to be a great team. even with no real RB and no major stud WR they are the #1 scoring offense in the NFL. the issue is the defense. if NE doesn't drop 30-40 points they won't win.

The Bears are too inconsistent and it's all on cutler. one game he throws 4 TDs and 0 turnover, the nest he gets sacked 10 times. the defense is great but cutlers up and down play this year leaves them out of my top 3 for now

With that said i'm more then OK with somebody ranking ATL and NE 1-2 in front of the jets because as i said before its all opinion

I don't know why he's taking such a beating. Seems like a decent list to me. he's a Jets fan, so sure he ranks his team first. Same thing we all do when our team is close to the top.

Thanks.

I think Pitt is ranked too high.

I dropped them down on the list. Buffalo is a better team then the record suggests but stevie Johnson shoulda caught teh game winning TD and dropped it. Pitt got outplayed but they still pulled out the win. so i dropped them a few spots

In my opinion...

1)NE--The team that is playing the best and most consistent football right now.
2) ATL--Good team that takes advantage of breaks their way. Still I can not rank a team #1 whose QB messes himself
3) NO--Still haven't put it all together and are 8-3. So much for a hangover. This is a scary team to have to play post season.
4) Balt--Can play with anyone, but I question their back four. They will win more than they lose, but I do not see a top team.
5) GB--No one wants to play them in the post season either. I think they or NO are in the superbowl.
6) NYJ--No team that gets shut out at home deserves a top 5 spot.
7) SD--This team is scary good. I think they might be the best in the AFC when it is all said and done.
8) Chi--Big win on a sloppy field. I think they are behind GB.
9) Philly--They are setting themselves up to be a one player team. If Vick is on they can score on anyone, but if he is off, they are off. I think they need to use McCoy more.
10) TB--I think TB is a little better than KC
11) KC--Not sold on them, but that IMO is what makes the dangerous. Would like to see more consistency.
12) NYG--I am not an Eli fan and I do not have confidence in him to lead this team to another superbowl.
13) Pitt--Over hyped and overrated.
14) Indy
15) Mia
16) Jax
17) Hou
18) Ten
19) Oak
20) Was
21) STL
22) Sea
23) Min
24) Cle
25) Den
26) Dal
27) SF
28) Ari
29) Buf
30) Det
31) Cin
32) Car

I'm not gonna trash your opinion, but your really basing the jets at 6 only because they got shut out by GB in 1 game?

If its based on how good a team is and not what their record is, SD should be top 8

Its a combination of both. I really do not wanna play SD in the playoffs. They can be such a force on both sides of the ball at times its amazing.

I'm not gonna trash your opinion, but your really basing the jets at 6 only because they got shut out by GB in 1 game?

For the most part, although I probably could switch Balt for SD and then Balt with the Jets being that I think SD would beat both teams, but I have to give some credence to records. Still the Jets getting shutout at home carries a lot of weight. That should not happen to a top 5 team unless they are resting players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom