My Weekly Mock (1 Viewer)

whodat4life84

Very Banned
Reaction score
1st round (trade back to #19 w/ NYG)
-They move in front of STL to get Chance Warmack
-Dion Jordan is on the board for us, plus we pick up their 3rd rounder

3rd round - Brandon Williams - NT (Missouri Southern)

***3rd round - Chris Faulk - LT (LSU) - from trade

4th round - Jonathan Cyprien - SS (FIU)

5th round - Michael Williams - TE (Bama)

6th round - Devin Taylor - DE (South Carolina)

7th round - Denard Robinson - QB/WR (Michigan)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Free agency targets
Brent Grimes
Ed Reed

1st - Dion Jordan - will be more of a player we can use all over the place! I'd love to have JJ, ziggy, mingo...but they'll all be off the board.

3rd - Brandon Williams - we obviously need a NT if we are going to 3-4. At this spot, he could provide tremendous value. Yet to see if we use one of our current DL to fill the NT spot, but we will still need depth for it.

3rd - Chris Faulk - once considered the best LT of the draft prior to injury. If he checks out he will more than be worth a 3rd round pick as we've all agreed!

4th - Jonathan Cyprien - hard-hitting, aggressive, physical. Excellent value if he's still on the board for us!!!

5th - Michael Williams - great run-blocker, underrated pass catcher, will go into the middle of the field and take a hit to get a reception. One thing that impresses me with him is that I rarely ever see him look ahead before he catches the ball like so many TEs do now days. If I have one complaint of JG, this is it. He'd be great for run packages and screen blocking!

6th - Devin Taylor - I had never heard of the kid until I watched tape on him a few hours ago. I was impressed, he's very quick and agile. Was projected at the beginning of 2012 to be a 1st rounder and went under radar due to everyone being so focused on Clowney.

7th - Denard Robinson - I know I know, no one likes this pick. Do I want him to come take DB's place? Of course not! BUT, what's the hardest type of offense to defend in the NFL right now? If nothing else, he comes in and can be practice for our defense on weeks we play the likes of Kapernick, RG3, etc...

I think we could get Long as late as the 4th round couldn't we? Maybe even the 5th? :scratch:

Dion Jordan there at #19?? What if we trade down and hes not there? Id rather pick him at 15, rather than gamble that.

I like your draft with the exception of dennard robinson, hes raw/ sloppy... i think its a reasonable trade, chance warmack is a gonna be a game changing guard

I like your draft with the exception of dennard robinson, hes raw/ sloppy... i think its a reasonable trade, chance warmack is a gonna be a game changing guard

Yeah, I mean he's about as much as you're going to get out of a 7th rounder. I would also like to see us pickup Mario Benavides (C-Louisville) there.

What he said. Maybe moving down 10 spots, but still doubtful

Yeah I was wrong, looks like the best option would be to trade to the back of the 1st round (picks 25-32) and get someone like Okafor. That would most definitely give us a 2nd rounder.

You guys wouldn't believe it, they have Chris Faulk slotted to go late 2nd now. A few weeks ago he was a 4th rounder. He'd be a good grab for LT as well.

The day Long becomes a 2nd round pick is the day the Falcons win a SB. Never.

And yeah moving back 4 spots doesn't warrant a teams next best available pick. My guess is you'd prob have to move back at least 10 to gain a 2nd, or you could look at the point value for each pick and get a rough estimate there.

You guys wouldn't believe it, they have Chris Faulk slotted to go late 2nd now. A few weeks ago he was a 4th rounder. He'd be a good grab for LT as well.

Totally agree. If he passes physicals I would love for us to give him a mid round look. In August 2012 he was graded as the best LT and it's not like he's gotten worse he's just been injured and a few players have played better than him. He's a steal in the 3rd IMO.

If Long or Faulk would be there in the 3rd, maybe we could still grab Jordan at #19 because I don't think any of the teams picking in those four picks need a DE. Possible that the Squealers may steal him but they need MLB. So trading back with NYG would give us an additional third rounder. OR-we could trade back twice to the back of the first round, grab Okafor, and pickup two additional third rounders. It'll be interesting, nonetheless, to see what we do.

The day Long becomes a 2nd round pick is the day the Falcons win a SB. Never.

And yeah moving back 4 spots doesn't warrant a teams next best available pick. My guess is you'd prob have to move back at least 10 to gain a 2nd, or you could look at the point value for each pick and get a rough estimate there.

Yeah I just looked at the trade value chart. If we move back 4-5 spots, we could get a third rounder. If we move back 10-12 spots, we could get a) one additional second rounder or b) two additional third rounders. I would take option B since there's so much talent in the third round. Grab Chris Faulk or Long and also get the NT I mocked from Missouri Southern.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom