Myers-Barber will be behind the mic again for Saints-Lions (1 Viewer)

GWave120

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Areas currently slated to receive the game include...

All markets in LA, MS, AL, AR, SC, NC, GA (except Atlanta), and FL (except Jacksonville, Miami, and West Palm Beach)
Memphis, TN,
Chattanooga, TN
Beaumont, TX
Houston, TX
All markets in MI, WI, MN (except areas serviced by Fargo), and IA (except areas serviced by Omaha)
Toledo, OH
Lima, OH

ADDED Wednesday 11/30

Stations broadcasting NO-DET now also include..

All markets in TX, OK, NM, VA, MD (except Baltimore), and SD
Wichita, KS
Bismarck, ND

All subject to change, and based off of broadcast maps on 506Sports.

Boooooooo...

Thank God I'll be in the Dome.

SMH, I'll leave it at that.

Don't mind them, but their broadcast truck needs work. Every single one of the games they broadcast have funky-looking video quality. The Superdome looked very bad on TV yesterday compared to most Fox games. We had the same bad-quality picture for the San Diego game, which was one they did.

Also, minor annoyance/pet-peeve, but their games always play that lame, Olympian-sounding music after the game's final whistle, like a dang soap opera is going through its closing credits; again, they're the only crew that has that. :hihi:

Myers, don't sweat this criticism.

They kid because they care.

I'm tired of listening to retired Buccaneer players call our games. Lynch or Barber seem to call many NFC South games.

Yesterday was my one game a year that I attend, so I didn't get to watch the broadcast. How were Myers and Barber?

Yesterday was my one game a year that I attend, so I didn't get to watch the broadcast. How were Myers and Barber?

I don't care that much about perceived biases, but strictly from a technical standpoint Barber has a long way to go to be a competent color guy. He gets confused and starts putting players on the wrong team and loses his train of thought in the middle of a sentence.

I don't care that much about perceived biases, but strictly from a technical standpoint Barber has a long way to go to be a competent color guy. He gets confused and starts putting players on the wrong team and loses his train of thought in the middle of a sentence.

Yeah. A couple of members here were telling me he got to rambling about stuff after the refs said MDK32 was down by contact and Myers had to bring him back some.

It's like Barber is always trying to find something to say while he's actually talking, so it sounds choppy and forced. Then he gets confused and loses his train of thought.

Myers is ok, I guess, but the dude has zero emotion on plays that are awesome, and tons of emotion on plays that are kind of meh.

Although he's being graded on a curve, Ronde was OK yesterday. He didn't stammer or get confused too much, which for him is a big improvement.

During the San Fran game, Ronde was all over the place, so confused and full of malapropisms that it almost seemed intentional. Oh well, until we're something more than mediocre we'll continue getting the D team of commentators.

Still better than Collinsworth, listening to him slob on the nob of the NFL's "this week" all pro makes me want to eat a bullet...

I did sense some bias in Barber yesterday. He seemed reluctant to give the Saints a lot of credit, and I remember during the rookie Thanksgiving turkey segment that made the Saints look fun, he went out of his way to not talk about the segment, instead pointing out that "every team does that."

I did sense some bias in Barber yesterday. He seemed reluctant to give the Saints a lot of credit, and I remember during the rookie Thanksgiving turkey segment that made the Saints look fun, he went out of his way to not talk about the segment, instead pointing out that "every team does that."

Barber played a lot of tough games against us, even when the Bucs were clearly the better team early in the 2000s. It wouldn't surprise me if he still harbored some dislike for the Saints.

To be fair, he does mention that he thinks Drew is "the best to ever do it" during every game of ours that he does. I think he spent enough time getting toasted by Drew to respect his greatness.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom