N/S Myles Garrett claims Mason Rudolph used a racial slur against him (2 Viewers)

Well, considering the recent incidents with Smollett and Dunlap, as well as many others we don't hear as much about, making excuses for your own bad behavior won't get you very far.

You point out a small precentage of people who fasley accused people of racism,but ignore the legit cases of racism. Those people are scum because they are an insult to the people who actually face racism.

The jussie situation is more political than anything. He wasn't the mastermind behind that whole situation and alot of black people knew it was bs from the start. I'm just not about to sit here and act like it's far fetched that a black player(or person for that matter) was called a racial slur.

You point out a small precentage of people who fasley accused people of racism,but ignore the legit cases of racism. Those people are scum because they are an insult to the people who actually face racism.

The jussie situation is more political than anything. He wasn't the mastermind behind that whole situation and alot of black people knew it was bs from the start. I'm just not about to sit here and act like it's far fetched that a black player(or person for that matter) was called a racial slur.

And by stating the bad apple examples isn't ignoring racism. If anything, the bad apples actually hurts those making legitimate claims of racism. I know what it's like to be discriminated against, having been turned down for jobs I'm well qualified for because of my disability. That hurts worse than any words people say because it affects my dignity and ability to earn a living. Being on disability sucks. Being on the wrong end of racism sucks.

Making false accusations helps no one and in this case no one knows what was said, so I reserve the right to presume innocence until proven guilty.

I've been on the wrong end of being falsely accused more than once and I can understand where you're coming from, but I'd rather give the accused the benefit of the doubt until it's clear what happened.

And by stating the bad apple examples isn't ignoring racism. If anything, the bad apples actually hurts those making legitimate claims of racism. I know what it's like to be discriminated against, having been turned down for jobs I'm well qualified for because of my disability. That hurts worse than any words people say because it affects my dignity and ability to earn a living. Being on disability sucks. Being on the wrong end of racism sucks.

Making false accusations helps no one and in this case no one knows what was said, so I reserve the right to presume innocence until proven guilty.

I've been on the wrong end of being falsely accused more than once and I can understand where you're coming from, but I'd rather give the accused the benefit of the doubt until it's clear what happened.

It's really more of an insult than making people hard to believe. Just because a few people have fasley claimed something doesn't mean i will accuse every person of lying. I'd be P'Oed if i actually went through something and a person lied and claimed the same thing happened to them.

If he's lying then he should indeed apologize for it,but i'm not about to sit here and act like what he's saying is far fetched.

Understood. But I don’t think the league fined Rudolph more just because they didn’t suspend him longer. Pretty arbitrary. I think they must have felt he did something that justified the bigger fine, in terms of that part of the punishment handed out to multiple players. I don’t know what that is just from what we can see in the video.

I think the league fined him more because arguably, Rudolph started it when he tried to pull Garrett's helmet off, which I think set him off then he tried to go after Garrett without his helmet on.

He's on the hook for poor decision making and I think that's the reason for the fine. I am somewhat surprised he didn't get suspended at least a game.

It's really more of an insult than making people hard to believe. Just because a few people have fasley claimed something doesn't mean i will accuse every person of lying. I'd be P'Oed if i actually went through something and a person lied and claimed the same thing happened to them.

If he's lying then he should indeed apologize for it,but i'm not about to sit here and act like what he's saying is far fetched.

Ordinarily, I wouldn't say it's far-fetched, but with hot mics all over the field, a player would be pretty dumb to say stuff like that. They do trash talk a ton, of course. But sorting that all out is easier said than done.

Asinine take, and a self-inflicted assault on your own character.

Don't care who you are, what your race is, what the HISTORY of your race is: if you're threatening physical harm to someone over INSULTING you, even to the very fiber of your being, you're nothing more than a part of the problem.

Have a little more self-confidence, and let it roll off your back.

Are you Black? Have you ever been called that?

It’s assinine for you to assume that that particular word being hurled at a Black person (not saying Mason did use the word)is something that should just “roll of of that his/her back”. It’s as if you don’t know the history of the term and how it used to marginalize and oppress an entire race.

I will not speak for all Black people and tell you how each person will react to being called that, but I will tell you that MOST would have a visceral response to hearing it- me included.

I would never tell a Latino not to be enraged by being called an epithet. I wouldn’t consider an Asian a low character person, because he/she reacted to violently to a bigot. The fact you believe that someone from my race displays a lack of character for responding to being called that word says more about you.

Some of the people liking your response are the same ones who go into a rage when other fans call our team “The Ain’ts” or joke about us being in swamp waters.

I think the league fined him more because arguably, Rudolph started it when he tried to pull Garrett's helmet off, which I think set him off then he tried to go after Garrett without his helmet on.

He's on the hook for poor decision making and I think that's the reason for the fine. I am somewhat surprised he didn't get suspended at least a game.

Sure, possibly. Fights aren’t uncommon in the league, is $50K typical for instigating? I don’t know. Peters successfully ripped Smith’s helmet off early this season. It wasn’t flagged but I’ll have to see what the fine was.

I do think it’s possible there’s more to it with Rudolph. It looks unusual to fine a guy more than the player who hit him with his helmet. I understand the suspension is significant, but then the fines could have justifiably been even if it was just for fighting.

edit - Reportedly a $10K fine for Peters for actually pulling the helmet off.

Rudolph was mic'd up and the NFL has already stated that it was not true!
As I said before, being "mic'd up" isn't the same as having the QB mic. For one, the QB mic is turned off between plays so that the coaches cannot communicate with the QB during plays. It's very unlikely that the mic had already been turned back on around the time it would have been said. Also, that mic is set up so that only that team is on that channel, so again, it's unlikely the NFL would have recorded audio from Rudolph's mic.

Are you Black? Have you ever been called that?

It’s assinine for you to assume that that particular word being hurled at a Black person (not saying Mason did use the word)is something that should just “roll of of that his/her back”. It’s as if you don’t know the history of the term and how it used to marginalize and oppress an entire race.

I will not speak for all Black people and tell you how each person will react to being called that, but I will tell you that MOST would have a visceral response to hearing it- me included.

I would never tell a Latino not to be enraged by being called an epithet. I wouldn’t consider an Asian a low character person, because he/she reacted to violently to a bigot. The fact you believe that someone from my race displays a lack of character for responding to being called that word says more about you.

Some of the people liking your response are the same ones who go into a rage when other fans call our team “The Ain’ts” or joke about us being in swamp waters.

They know how offensive it is. They just don't care. It's the same reason the same bigots complain about kaepernick. It's silly to tell someone how to respond. If i'm dealing with a certain situation i will react how i see fit. I've many people talk crap to people and cry and act like victims when they get beat up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom